Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:37 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:He's playing a role he's not suited for.

He should be playing the same position Mane does or in a front two as a LF.

As a target CF he's getting crowded out, he's not Lukaku or Giroud.

Thank God
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:07 pm

What the f**k was that effort onto the post :rofll:

Checked out.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:19 pm

He is not at his best playing anywhere right now. Earlier he used to convert chances like today's 100 out of 100.but he's been missing a lot of those nowadays.
If he keeps misfiring we can't hold on to top 4-5. He has been our most important player over past 3 yrs.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:33 pm

ag6789 wrote:He is not at his best playing anywhere right now. Earlier he used to convert chances like today's 100 out of 100.but he's been missing a lot of those nowadays.
If he keeps misfiring we can't hold on to top 4-5. He has been our most important player over past 3 yrs.

Well no, not really. He's always missed a lot of chances, even easy ones. In 2018, for example, I believe he missed the most big chances in the PL.
The only difference in Auba from 2 years ago and now is that he is not making the runs he used to. He is actually working hard but I think he's lost a yard of pace and where he used to get himself into some very dangerous positions, he's not quite there these days.

It was never a gamble worth taking to sign a 31yr old on up to £350k a week.
It was always a 'pay more money for less' deal given his age.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:34 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
ag6789 wrote:He is not at his best playing anywhere right now. Earlier he used to convert chances like today's 100 out of 100.but he's been missing a lot of those nowadays.

Well no, not really. He's always missed a lot of chances, even easy ones. In 2018, for example, I believe he missed the most big chances in the PL.
The only difference in Auba from 2 years ago and now is that he is not making the runs he used to. He is actually working hard but I think he's lost a yard of pace and where he used to get himself into some very dangerous positions, he's not quite there these days.

Here we go. One win and you’re back spouting nonsense.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:37 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

1 win? LOL

It's 7 this season - only 3 teams have more.
We're 5th.

As for Auba - the entire world can see he is not the player he was.
Overall this season he takes some credit for working hard but today he really was poor.

Since he started with us he has missed 51 big chances - as per PL stats - in 126 appearances. He's scored 68 goals.

6 in 17/18 (half a season)
23 in 18/19
10 in 19/20
7 in 20/21
5 already this year (joint 3rd worst in the league)
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:29 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

1 win? LOL

We're 5th.

Overall this season he takes some credit for working hard but today he really was poor.

Since he started with us he has missed 51 big chances - as per PL stats - in 126 appearances. He's scored 68 goals.

23 in 18/19
10 in 19/20
7 in 20/21

You can’t soar like an eagle when you’re surrounded by turkeys. The players feeding him are 20, 21, 22 years or age. Sure they are talented and work hard but lack the experience to release him.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:06 am

Santi wrote:What the f**k was that effort onto the post :rofll:

Checked out.

That's our £250k/wk captain and striker :')
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:01 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

1 win? LOL

We're 5th.

23 in 18/19
10 in 19/20
7 in 20/21

You can’t soar like an eagle when you’re surrounded by turkeys. The players feeding him are 20, 21, 22 years or age. Sure they are talented and work hard but lack the experience to release him.

Lol. Ok so you are in the wind up again. :rolleyes:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:06 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

1 win? LOL

We're 5th.

23 in 18/19
10 in 19/20
7 in 20/21

Imagine KdB, Bernardo, Mahrez around him.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:34 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

1 win? LOL

We're 5th.

23 in 18/19
10 in 19/20
7 in 20/21

Good idea. We could flog him to City!
I approve.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:17 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

1 win? LOL

We're 5th.

23 in 18/19
10 in 19/20
7 in 20/21

Good idea. We could flog him to City!
I approve.

This kind of snarkiness does not behoove a thinker like you.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StockGooner » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:50 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

It was always a 'pay more money for less' deal given his age.

Always thought this.

I think Auba has always been a great goalscorer, but not a great finisher. Same as Rooney, although granted different playing styles. Rooney scored goals every season, but was he a fantastic finisher? Not in my opinion, he was no Henry or van Nistelrooy or Torres.

Auba had a good knack of getting into positions, and so while conversion was low, he still scored a lot of goals through always being there. He seems to be that yard further back now, that yard further behind play which means he isn't getting as many chances and so his wastefulness in front of goal now shows more

Would still keep him in the team as he's still a top striker and has developed in other areas, but time for a young striker to share the burden
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:12 pm

Any more questions on why 350k a week was a bad idea?
I thought not.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:12 pm

Utter donkey just f**k off and never play for us again

Few tap ins this season and a bit more running ain’t enough
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext