Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Jedi » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:44 pm

:grouphug:
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Jase89 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:48 pm

Jedi wrote:
:grouphug:

Don’t betray us now Auba, we saw you
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:49 am

Tbf we're lucky he's only asking for £250k especially when he know's Ozil is on £350k.

Considering he'll be a free agent in 12 months this is the best scenario I could of imagined, its not like he's goal droughting either, on for the Golden boot two season in a row.

3 yr deal, sounds perfect to me, he's not going to forget how to shoot the ball within that time.

Sign him up!!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:33 am

Anthony Martial is on 250k per week. Auba needs to sign with Kia. Whoever he’s working with is taking the piss.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:37 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Tbf we're lucky he's only asking for £250k especially when he know's Ozil is on £350k.

Considering he'll be a free agent in 12 months this is the best scenario I could of imagined, its not like he's goal droughting either, on for the Golden boot two season in a row.

3 yr deal, sounds perfect to me, he's not going to forget how to shoot the ball within that time.

Sign him up!!

I agree, sign him now, that waste of space Ozil is getting money for fook all so I am sure Abua is worth what he is asking.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:09 am

PairyGrows wrote:What kind of a striker should be paid £250,000 per week? Frankly, a striker who can guarantee you 20 goals in the league or more every year. Can Aubameyang be that player until he is 35? I very much doubt that even if his fitness levels are great right now. Due to our precarious financial position, we have to get value for our money. I’m afraid we will not get our money’s worth if we give Aubameyang the deal he wants.

Besides, even if we keep him, can we be a top four side? To be brutally honest, I don’t see any way we will finish in the top four next season even if we keep Aubameyang. There are simply too many teams who are better than us in the league at the moment. We won’t have a lot of money to spend in either, so we cannot expect signings in the summer especially if we keep Aubameyang.

I still think we’re better off selling Aubameyang and reinvesting the cash in the squad intelligently. That is the only way we'll get out of this mess.

We have seen nothing to suggest Auba is past his peak or will stop scoring goals. No point pre-empting someting that may not happen. The signs are good with Auba so we should run with it. No point selling a top proven Premier League goal scorer for chump change.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:11 am

Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Tbf we're lucky he's only asking for £250k especially when he know's Ozil is on £350k.

Sign him up!!

I agree, sign him now, that waste of space Ozil is getting money for fook all so I am sure Abua is worth what he is asking.

f**k me give it a rest about Ozil bloke ! Obsessed much !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:37 am

theHotHead wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Sign him up!!

f**k me give it a rest about Ozil bloke ! Obsessed much !

You are the one who needs to give it a rest with beating on how wonderful and how indispensable he and how we need him Abua is much more an important player so we should pay him what he wants at least he is a team player.
Nuggets

Postby PairyGrows » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:02 am

theHotHead wrote:
PairyGrows wrote:What kind of a striker should be paid £250,000 per week? Frankly, a striker who can guarantee you 20 goals in the league or more every year. Can Aubameyang be that player until he is 35? I very much doubt that even if his fitness levels are great right now. Due to our precarious financial position, we have to get value for our money. I’m afraid we will not get our money’s worth if we give Aubameyang the deal he wants.

Besides, even if we keep him, can we be a top four side? To be brutally honest, I don’t see any way we will finish in the top four next season even if we keep Aubameyang. There are simply too many teams who are better than us in the league at the moment. We won’t have a lot of money to spend in either, so we cannot expect signings in the summer especially if we keep Aubameyang.

I still think we’re better off selling Aubameyang and reinvesting the cash in the squad intelligently. That is the only way we'll get out of this mess.

We have seen nothing to suggest Auba is past his peak or will stop scoring goals. No point pre-empting someting that may not happen. The signs are good with Auba so we should run with it. No point selling a top proven Premier League goal scorer for chump change.

It is a rule of thumb that most footballers are past their prime by their mid-30s. For example, have there been strikers in the Premier League who have scored 20 or more goals regularly in their mid-30s? I don't think there has.

Aubameyang is a proven goal scorer now but how long will that last? I don't think we can count on him being the player he is now for many more years.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby swipe right » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:19 am

He’s 31. A three year deal puts him at 34. That’s not old.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby PairyGrows » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:21 pm

swipe right wrote:He’s 31. A three year deal puts him at 34. That’s not old.

As far as I'm concerned, the three-year deal kicks in after his current deal expires in 2021. That means he will be 35 by the time his contract runs out.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:45 pm

PairyGrows wrote:
swipe right wrote:He’s 31. A three year deal puts him at 34. That’s not old.

As far as I'm concerned, the three-year deal kicks in after his current deal expires in 2021. That means he will be 35 by the time his contract runs out.

The extension and the pay bump are effective from the period beginning immediately after the date of signature.

The wages he gets from Jan 2018 to present is based on his old 3.5 year contract. The new wages and contract term replaces the old one, so he extends to the end of the 22/23 season.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BexleyGooner » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:49 pm

34 isn’t old at all.

Look at Vardy. 33 and still banging them in for fun. Leading goal scorer in the premier.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:55 pm

Pea had no injuries should be ok
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:34 pm

Every thing seems to be positive now. He had an extra spring in his steps in the past two games.
Just sign up and will cross the bridge after two yrs.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club