Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:48 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:We had a 10 million pound lamppost up front an year and a half ago.

Some perspective. We now have the PL's top scorer.

Giroud got these many in a season btw.

I agree he is a better goal scorer than Giroud.
Giroud is a better player, though.

Well considering there job is to score goals I don't care how you class it, Auba is the better striker ......... funnily enough that's what we bought him for.

Your making yourself look like a right tw*t by the way, you really need to learn when to :lipssealed:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby BrunelGooner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:02 pm

12 goals for the season and the top goalscorer in the division. 21 goals & 5 assists in 31 Premier League games.

He's an outstanding attacker.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby LegendaryKeown » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Meanwhile, Sagna and co debate whether Auba is the best striker since Henry at Arsenal

Sagna, who saw both RVP and Auba, thinks Auba is the best striker since Henry, but just short of World Class.

But jayramfootball, big Bad Remoaner, 36, thinks Auba is shit and worse than Giroud.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:57 pm

I don't know what's worse.

Nketiah being better than Auba or Giroud being better
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Mess » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:03 pm

I don't even get the discussions around Aubameyang lately. I can accept some saying his overall game is perhaps not the best but he scores goals at a great rate and always get in dangerous scoring positions. He's done it at Dortmund, he's doing it again at Arsenal. What else do people want???
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Ach wrote:I don't know what's worse.

Nketiah should be getting more game time. I think he has big potential.
Auba is a older player who isn't going to get any better. He's average. Decent strike rate, awful at everything else. Certainly not good enough for a club looking to win the league - but maybe newer fans have settled for 4th/5th/6th.
Is Auba good enough to say replace Kane? No. Aguero? No. Salah? No.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:17 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:Meanwhile, Sagna and co debate whether Auba is the best striker since Henry at Arsenal

Sagna, who saw both RVP and Auba, thinks Auba is the best striker since Henry, but just short of World Class.

But jayramfootball, big Bad Remoaner, 36, thinks Auba is shit and worse than Giroud.

Lol that is not what he said. He was asked if he is the first world class striker since Henry and he said no. :rofll:
He did not even reference the other strikers.

Seriously, I know some people really really want a striker nearing 30 years old to be all of a sudden world class, but he just isn't.
Don't be so sensitive on the subject. It's ok if you over rate him and it's ok if I don't rate him. But please, don't make things up about what Sagna said. It doesn't help your argument.. makes it look like you don't really believe what you are saying and are trying to justify your own point of view.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Sims » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:25 pm

only messi has scored more goals in all comps than pierre-emerick aubameyang in europe's top 5 leagues
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Is Auba good enough to say replace Kane? No. Aguero? No. Salah? No.

Yet if you want goals ............ he's scored more than all of them.

Also Salah is not a striker, and the other two are the best in the league, so you can't even mention anyone else in the prem but if he's not as good as those two = sh*t.

Your pathetic mate, Auba is burying you every weekend and your now just trying to talk your way out of it throwing up hail mary excuses.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:41 pm

Good enough for the Premier League. Sitting at the top over Kane and Aguero.Only if AFC defense were of any substance we would vying for top spot with L'pool and Mancity.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mess » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:53 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Auba is a older player who isn't going to get any better. He's average. Decent strike rate, awful at everything else. Certainly not good enough for a club looking to win the league - but maybe newer fans have settled for 4th/5th/6th.

How about this: You got the best goal scorer in the league, a player who contributed to a lot of goals as well. Is it possible that the reason your team is 4th-5th is not because of your striker...you know?
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:12 pm

Mess wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

How about this: You got the best goal scorer in the league, a player who contributed to a lot of goals as well. Is it possible that the reason your team is 4th-5th is not because of your striker...you know?

We have more issues than just in the striker position. I am confident that Emery, from what I have seen will get it right. The future, where I believe we will compete for titles again, does not involve Auba. We have 4 or 5 players that we could build upon, the rest are just passing through. I am fairly dispassionate about players, especially 30 year old journeymen.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zedie » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:16 pm

He's 30 odd so won't still be at his peak in 2-3 years which is fair enough, but that has nothing to do with your constant criticism or him right now.

Man's second behind Messi for goals but you can keep up the pretence that he's average.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:18 pm

You can honestly see how much better aubameyang plays with lacazette there to accommodate him, the dream pair.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Aubaswag delivering the Christmas goodies :arse fan:
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club