Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 31, 2019 5:53 am

aniym wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
themessiah wrote:Massive decisions have to be made. Ruthless means being ruthless. Decisions like Aubameyang is 30 and has market value and can make his 60 million - would you take that if it meant contributing to a good winger and centre back? These are the kind of questions that need answering

Yep, sell. If he was consistently good and was a genuine threat game after game for opponents a la the likes of Henry, then I'd want to keep him at all costs but he's not. He's hit and miss and at 30 he's an obvious sell. Get £60m and help rebuild the team, which needs a lot of work.
Ozil also - sell.

Rebuild.

What difference would £60m have made in terms of our transfer activity in summer 2017 had we sold Sanchez to City? We would have bought Atletico flop Thomas Lemar, that's it. 3 goals in 31 apps in the 18/19 season.

We still bought the players we needed to buy, ie strikers who were better than Giroud.

I can't support talk about selling a Golden Boot striker when there are players that eat up £28m in wages each year (Ozil and Mhiki) and don't contribute shit.

I can agree with this, for what we are paying Ozil and Mkhi we are getting f**k all in return.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri May 31, 2019 6:20 am

Auba is a difficult decision ... he has just two more years on his contract, so according to Vinai:

“We need to be really disciplined when we are dealing with senior players who are not towards the end of their careers. So that means we have to start making the difficult decisions when they have two years left on the contracts. We’re either going to renew those contracts or we’re going to be selling them"

Auba will be 30 next month he's just had a tremendous season and is currently valued at £60m ....

What's likely to happen? Well players over 30 tend to go downhill, there are notable exceptions but it's a general rule. That said regardless of how he plays next season if he doesn't re-sign then with only one year left on his contract his value will be much less next summer, and if he runs down his contract to 2021 that 60m becomes nothing ... no new contract and he will hold all the negotiating power just like so many Arsenal players before him ...

So if we mean what we say we

Either offer him a new 200k a week contract for at least three more years, that's an investment of 30m on a player who in three years time aged 33 at the end of his contract will have zero value ... so we right off today's 60m transfer value and we pay him another 30m in wages ... a three year cost to Arsenal of 90m

Or we sell him this summer and add 60m to our transfer kitty

So the question is do we spend 90 million on a 30 year old Auba for another 3 years of his services?

Would that be good value? That of course is impossible to answer, if he plays and scores like last year then sure it's good business, if he tails off like Ozil and Mkhi it will be another feckin' disaster ...

The club have very clearly stated our new policy - we're either going to renew those contracts or we’re going to be selling - so we should know very soon

My choice would be take the money, invest in a mid-twenties proven striker for 40m plus buy a twenty year old striker at 20m with potential to develop ... but that's just my choice.

As I said the board have very clearly said what they are going to do - let's see if that happens or if it isn't just more boardroom bullshit
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Fri May 31, 2019 6:28 am

He is a 30 year old who depends on pace. And he is already slower than 3 years ago. I dont know if we can get 60 mill for him. But even 35-40 million I would sell. As others said the club put themselves in bad position now. They said if plater has 2 years left on deal we either sell or he signs. Do they want to give him huge. Someone like maxi lopez has 25 million euro release close
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Fri May 31, 2019 7:10 am

gooney wrote:He is a 30 year old who depends on pace. And he is already slower than 3 years ago. I dont know if we can get 60 mill for him. But even 35-40 million I would sell. As others said the club put themselves in bad position now. They said if plater has 2 years left on deal we either sell or he signs. Do they want to give him huge. Someone like maxi lopez has 25 million euro release close

Wanda's ex-husband has recently left Vasco da Gama and is now a free agent.

Do you mean Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gómez?
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Nuggets » Fri May 31, 2019 7:35 am

I am not knocking him but if he could have put away half the chances he fooked up he would have scored over 50 goals this season. Let's hope next season he takes half the chances.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby gooney » Fri May 31, 2019 7:39 am

Zenith wrote:
gooney wrote:He is a 30 year old who depends on pace. And he is already slower than 3 years ago. I dont know if we can get 60 mill for him. But even 35-40 million I would sell. As others said the club put themselves in bad position now. They said if plater has 2 years left on deal we either sell or he signs. Do they want to give him huge. Someone like maxi lopez has 25 million euro release close

Wanda's ex-husband has recently left Vasco da Gama and is now a free agent.

Do you mean Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gómez?

Lol celta one. Basically we have sell some of our assets and buy cheap and smart
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Interest: waning » Fri May 31, 2019 8:01 am

jayramfootball wrote:
themessiah wrote:Massive decisions have to be made. Ruthless means being ruthless. Decisions like Aubameyang is 30 and has market value and can make his 60 million - would you take that if it meant contributing to a good winger and centre back? These are the kind of questions that need answering

Yep, sell. If he was consistently good and was a genuine threat game after game for opponents a la the likes of Henry, then I'd want to keep him at all costs but he's not. He's hit and miss and at 30 he's an obvious sell. Get £60m and help rebuild the team, which needs a lot of work.
Ozil also - sell.

Rebuild.
All true but do you see our apathetic morons making such a key decision? More of the same until Kroenke and co die.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Dejan » Fri May 31, 2019 10:48 am

Rather not sell a player that just scored 30 goals for us while we still have 2 midfielders in our book that cost us nearly 25m per year in wages and only delivered 10 assists combined in all competitions.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 31, 2019 11:21 pm

Interest: waning wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Ozil also - sell.

Rebuild.
All true but do you see our apathetic morons making such a key decision? More of the same until Kroenke and co die.

I guess a lot depends on whether a club is willing to pay £60m plus for him. I don;t think we'll shop him around.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Fenice » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:06 pm

Dejan wrote:Rather not sell a player that just scored 30 goals for us while we still have 2 midfielders in our book that cost us nearly 25m per year in wages and only delivered 10 assists combined in all competitions.

We need a massive rebuild and have to sell all of them to invest in the players we need. I love Mesut, but we aren’t binning Emery, and he requires the squad to play the way he wants for us to have a chance at top 4 again.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:09 pm

Fenice wrote:
Dejan wrote:Rather not sell a player that just scored 30 goals for us while we still have 2 midfielders in our book that cost us nearly 25m per year in wages and only delivered 10 assists combined in all competitions.

We need a massive rebuild and have to sell all of them to invest in the players we need. I love Mesut, but we aren’t binning Emery, and he requires the squad to play the way he wants for us to have a chance at top 4 again.

Our 2 attackers is the last area we need to touch on. Miki and ozil are the first 2 that need be shown the door. It will free up alot of money.

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:58 pm

Dejan wrote:
Fenice wrote:

Our 2 attackers is the last area we need to touch on. Miki and ozil are the first 2 that need be shown the door. It will free up alot of money.

I think we still lose some wage money on Mesut. No one will sign a 350 contract. We will be paying out some of his wages, which means we need more money for the rebuild.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:25 pm

If we did get rid of Ozil and Miki we'd save £60 Million over the next two years in wages alone
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fenice » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:27 pm

UFGN wrote:If we did get rid of Ozil and Miki we'd save £60 Million over the next two years in wages alone

But no one will pay his wages, we’ll be paying part of it. And just assume we barely get a transfer fee for him. With the prices of players now we need to sell more players to invest at the rate we need.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:30 pm

Fenice wrote:
UFGN wrote:If we did get rid of Ozil and Miki we'd save £60 Million over the next two years in wages alone

But no one will pay his wages, we’ll be paying part of it. And just assume we barely get a transfer fee for him. With the prices of players now we need to sell more players to invest at the rate we need.

If you're on about selling Laca or Auba go and have a cold bath
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club