Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:Not suited to being up front on his own. His best performances for us have been as wing-forward.

I agree with this. I think he's far more dangerous running from a deeper position like he does when he's out wide. He's so rapid the defenders don't even notice him till he's past them.

He gets caught out a lot from offsides too. He needs to work on that when leading the line.
He's also more involved in the game when he plays WF.

Yeah I have to agree, I was very worried when Wenger was playing him wide even for Lacazette, because how can you put a striker with his numbers on the wing?

But looking at it he is more involved in the game from there, the best players in the game play as that false no9 / wide forward position where they can run at defenders.

Lacazette is more of a box striker / pure marksman .......... him central with Auba off wide is our best attack by far, Sanchez had a ball coming in from the left, Auba is picking up where he left off.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:14 pm

told u before he looks awful under emery

under wenger he banged a goal a game almost, now he looks like a shit player. our whole attack looks shit, not sure how we socred 5 in 3 games tbh.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:31 am

Santi wrote:told u before he looks awful under emery

under wenger he banged a goal a game almost, now he looks like a shit player. our whole attack looks shit, not sure how we socred 5 in 3 games tbh.

Excuse me but you should call him Knight Commander Wenger, not Wenger. You dont call Sir Cliff Richards, Cliff do you?
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:42 am

Cliff Richards is awesome tbh
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:12 am

Ach wrote:Cliff Richards is awesome tbh

Summer Holidays is my all time favorite.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:14 am

Except even when Auba wa banging them in last season he didn't always look good and neither did our attack. He had another good chance today following the 2 he missed against Chelsea. If he scored all 3 he'd be on 3 in 3 games.

Striker in going through rough patch shocker...
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:34 am

He is defo going through a rough patch, lets hope he comes out of it very soon, he has been sh1te.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Sims » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Needs Laca on the pitch with him at all times

Don’t think he’s suited down the middle by himself in the prem tbh, isn’t really allowed to do his own thing
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby island_gunner » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:18 pm

I was sharing tweets n videos all preseason about looking forward to Auba having an awesome season and the fact that I believe Auba-Laca partnership could do well.
I had mentioned that all of his preseason goals came with Laca on, just was an observation cause I'm for the pairing but I didn't expect him to be struggling without Laca tbh

Lots of us are calling for them to start together but nobody has mentioned defensively. Iwobi, Ozil n Mkhi all have been criticized for not tracking back and leaving the full backs exposed. If I'm being honest I have no clue if Auba is good at tracking back so was wondering if Emery doesn't want him with that responsibility (for a full 90). I don't believe he would have done such a role for Dortmund or Gabon so just think it is something to consider

Well either way, this my first time doing FFL and I had him as a must pick so he needs to stop letting me down :redface:
island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:32 pm

Sims wrote:Needs Laca on the pitch with him at all times

Don’t think he’s suited down the middle by himself in the prem tbh, isn’t really allowed to do his own thing

If Auba was to play on his own he'd need to do the Henry false no9 role to be effective.

i.e be all over the front line running at defenders not sitting among them, Lacazette is better at sitting in the box.

So to that point, Auba can play LWF while Lacazette should start in the middle.

Every time Emery makes that change in the 2nd half we look better, for the 10mins they were together yesterday we looked class and West Ham were getting blown away.

Talk about jumping the gun, under Wenger Auba was added to an existing structure, under Emery the structure is new and he's not even played his best starting 11 so no partnerships have had time to blossom feeding the striker, hell I think Auba should play as that star Winger we're after.

Emery must of noticed that in all our games, we've looked better with Auba wide and Laca down the middle.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:57 pm

looked crap in pre-season too and people told me it's just pre-season..well now it's 3 games into the season.

I had him down for top scorer but so far he's been shit. Hardly gets the ball under Emery's ''system'' so far and when he does he's losing it or shooting over the bar.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Santi wrote:looked crap in pre-season too and people told me it's just pre-season..well now it's 3 games into the season.

I had him down for top scorer but so far he's been shit. Hardly gets the ball under Emery's ''system'' so far and when he does he's losing it or shooting over the bar.

Maybe there's something to be said for the fact that he doesn't suit playing the box striker role?

I think he looks best as a false no9 or even LWF.

Tbf to him from that position he had goals disallowed this season, I have no doubt he'll find his form once we settle the team.

Our play between the front three has been sh*t so far, looked good when Laca came on though, Emery needs to start that way.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:29 pm

by missing three sitters vs Chelski
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Even Kane had a rough patch in August before he went on to blitz the league. Auba is class and is just going through a patch. However he needs the ball to come to him more regularly.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby HalHartley » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:29 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
Ach wrote:Cliff Richards is awesome tbh

Summer Holidays is my all time favorite.

Devil women is a underrated banger.

Auba looks quite poor but I am sure he will turn it round, players go through patches. I think he plays better when Laca is on the pitch, frees him up more to create space and link up play.
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club