Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:14 am

We can't account for other players, Auba isn't even playing through the middle, Laca has the central striker position.

RVP post Ade and Henry had that central spot all to himself.

I don't want to muddy the waters any more than Jay tries to already, we'd be here all year, I'm happy with the conclusion of the facts because he's boxed in and he's a sore loser.

The numbers are there, that's all I set out to do.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gamechannel » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:24 am

DiamondGooner wrote:We can't account for other players, Auba isn't even playing through the middle, Laca has the central striker position.

I don't want to muddy the waters any more than Jay tries to already, we'd be here all year, I'm happy with the conclusion of the facts because he's boxed in and he's a sore loser.

Alright. Fair enough. You have the right to have your opinion.

I, however, am interested in knowing what their conversion rate was regardless of the position they played. And since you used Dortmund as an example for his scoring record, I may be wrong, but if i remember, he played a lot of his games at LW for Dortmund. So, if you're going to use Dortmund years to show his statistical superiority over RVPs ManU years, than you cant use the same as an excuse to compare other variables like games played, minutes played and conversion rates. Again, I could totally be wrong once these numbers are looked at and they may very well end up favoring Auba. I am interested in seeing an overall comparison as goals scored is perhaps not the best way to compare 2 very different players.

Jayram, you got any stats to compare the 2 during their best 2.5 years at Arsenal based on games played, minutes played, conversion rate, assists, key passes and win share? Perhaps also add number of gpals scored via penalty in there?
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:41 am

RVP / Auba these are pure EPL Comparisons where at least they faced similar opposition.

Games 280 / 85
Goals - 144 / 54
Goals per match - 0.51 / 0.64
Headed goals - 11 / 3
Goals with right foot - 38 / 43
Goals with left foot - 85 / 8
Penalties scored - 15 / 7
Freekicks scored - 6 / 1
Shots - 862 / 218
Shots on target - 360 / 101
Shooting accuracy % - 42% / 46%
Assists - 53 / 12

Obviously RVP played almost three times as many games so you need to take that into account ... so what do the raw statistics say?

Auba scores more goals per game than RVP, however he is very reliant on his right foot whereas RVP scores with both feet and his head. Maybe this is why better defenders can shut Auba down?

The only other noticeable variable is in team play - RVP creating almost twice as many assists per game as Auba

Make of the numbers what you will, both clearly were great strikers ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gamechannel » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:44 am

EliteKiller wrote:RVP / Auba these are pure EPL Comparisons where at least they faced similar opposition.

Games 280 / 85
Goals - 144 / 54
Headed goals - 11 / 3
Freekicks scored - 6 / 1
Shots - 862 / 218
Assists - 53 / 12

Obviously RVP played almost three times as many games so you need to take that into account ... so what do the raw statistics say?

Auba scores more goals per game than RVP, however he is very reliant on his right foot whereas RVP scores with both feet and his head. Maybe this is why better defenders can shut Auba down?

The only other noticeable variable is in team play - RVP creating almost twice as many assists per game as Auba

This is great! Thanks EliteKiller!

Do you have numbers for minutes played and goals per minute?
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:59 am

gamechannel wrote:This is great! Thanks EliteKiller!

Do you have numbers for minutes played and goals per minute?

Sure again just EPL matches - RVP scored once every 140 minutes played (20,120 minutes) - Auba scores once every 143 minutes played (3,139 minutes)

In terms of variances here are two statistics where they show a marked difference -

RVP was booked 47 times - Auba just 3 times ....
RVP was brought on as a sub 53 times - Auba just 8 times ....

Make of that what you will .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:58 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:YOU made the claim that Aubas goal record over 2.5 years beats any 2.5 years that RVP had. You were explicit about it.
You were wrong.
The rest is your arrogant noise.
Instead of accepting your error you tried to change the debate. Poor form.
If you had just have accepted the error, I would have gone easier on you.

Error what error, the "error" your mentioning is a fabrication.

2.5 years vs 2.5 years AT ARSENAL, I never said "any 2.5 at other clubs" you made that up, its there for everyone to look at.

You realising you couldn't win tried to change it to include Man Utd, so I did the same and included Dortmund ........ then I said sod it and included 6 full seasons no arguments, if's or buts, nothing for you to narrate or marginalise, the whole lot.

So stop squealing like a stuck pig and answer the question.

Over 6 seasons no ifs, no buts who has more league goals for their respective clubs?

Over 2.5 seasons (Auba's current length here) at AFC who has more goals for Arsenal?

Over 3 years at Utd vs 3 years at Dortmund (if you want to include outside of AFC) who has more goals?

I'll save you the bother .......... Auba, Auba and Auba again.

Does this constant denial behaviour work for you with your parents or something?

The error where you couldn't count and got the numbers wrong.
That one.
Your other questions are irrelevant because they are attempting to change the debate we were having.

That ACTUAL question : taking Auba's 2.5 years in the PL and his 54 goals, has RVP gone through a 2.5 year spell in the PL at his peak scoring more goals?
Answer - yes, by a big margin.

End of story.

Hope you are felling better this morning.
You had a bad night.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Dejan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:20 am

Lol ffs this thread.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:54 am

gamechannel wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:We can't account for other players, Auba isn't even playing through the middle, Laca has the central striker position.

Jayram, you got any stats to compare the 2 during their best 2.5 years at Arsenal based on games played, minutes played, conversion rate, assists, key passes and win share? Perhaps also add number of gpals scored via penalty in there?

Yes...and that was the specific debate.

Auba's 2.5 years:

Games - 85
Goals - 54
Assists - 12
Goals per game - 0.64
Assists per game - 0.14
Minutes played - 6930
Minutes per goal - 128
Chances created - 71
Chances create per game - 0.83
Passes - 1826
Pass completion - 73%

RVP over his peak after returning from his ankle injury in 2010 (2 seasons plus a partial season)

Games - 101
Goals - 74
Assists - 26
Goals per game - 0.73
Assists per game - 0.26
Minutes played - 8225
Minutes per goal - 111
Chances created - 208
Chances created per game - 2.1
Passes - 2697
Pass Completion - 80%

The debate started because I pointed out that Aubas 54 goals in 2.5 seasons is not remarkable at all.
RVP's stats at a similar age at his peak are much better, especially when you throw in assists and chances created. Not even close.

To be honest RVP had a similar issue to Auba where his missed a lot of chances too. He was not perfect. I could have chosen Henry as a comparison over his peak years, which would have been even worse for Auba, but Henry is so much better it's simply not right to compare the two strikers at all.

Auba's stats show that he is a very good goal scorer, but not remarkable - and the rest of his game is not up to scratch.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:52 am

Accto the Athletic, Juve, Inter, and Barca are interested in him. He also prefers a move away if he decides to part ways with Arsenal.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby themessiah » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:09 am

EliteKiller wrote:RVP / Auba these are pure EPL Comparisons where at least they faced similar opposition.

Games 280 / 85
Goals - 144 / 54
Headed goals - 11 / 3
Freekicks scored - 6 / 1
Shots - 862 / 218
Assists - 53 / 12

Auba is not an out and out striker he is similar to Cristiano Ronaldo, Mbappe,Neymar. Obviously not as good as them.

Auba is a Cristiano Ronaldo like wide forward not an outright striker..
He can do no hold up play

This ain't 2005 mate, Winger interchangeable with the CF . Salah, Mane, Auba, Neymar , Mbappe , Cristiano Ronaldo . All wingers/wide forwards, Wingers are up front now.

Auba spent majority of his years on the wing at Dortmund and it was the same case last season in which he was joint top scorer. He is play in his best spot which is LW.

what I'm saying is if you actually Auba's entire career including Milan, St Etienne and Dortmund, he's played out wide just as more than as he has played as a striker, so he isn't being shoehorned or labelled as a striker

People are saying playing Auba out wide is a waste but at Dortmund he played that wide role very well.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:16 am

^ Auba prefers to play centrally. But he's willing to play wherever Arteta wants him to.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby themessiah » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:27 am

RVP was the one of best player we had since Henry. He was unreal, unplayable at his best. One of the most complete strikers of the modern era. Dribbling, finishing, long shots, freekicks, control, pace, creativity. He was one of the best players in the league.

Do people not the difference between 2 . one is a CF like RVP who can do it all : passing, creating, dribbling, shooting from distance, finishing... and poacher like AUBA who are poachers which their main and only role is to score goals for out wide.

Look at the difference is play

RVP

AUBA

Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:33 am

Aubameyang joined arsenal aged 28 and 227 days
He is now 31 and 40 dayz
In that period he has scored 68 goals for arsenal

Van persie at the same age betwen 21st march 2012 and 15th sept 2014
Scored 50 goals for arsenal and man utd
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:41 am

Auba is phenomenal
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby themessiah » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:46 am

starmandb wrote:Aubameyang joined arsenal aged 28 and 227 days
He is now 31 and 40 dayz
In that period he has scored 68 goals for arsenal

Van persie at the same age betwen 21st march 2012 and 15th sept 2014
Scored 50 goals for arsenal and man utd

Van Nistelrooy and Huntelaar were better finishers than RVP does that make them better players,

I think Auba is probably a better finisher but I’d say personally RVP was better all round

These people on here here would take Auba over RVP. 10/11 18 goals in 25 games. 11/12 -30 goals in 38 games. Superior output to Auba not to mention, better passer, dribbler, finisher, free kick taker. Pretty much a better player than Auba in all aspects of footy

Can't believe i am defending RVP lol
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club