Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 26, 2018 10:10 am

Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Sims wrote:It’s an indirect criticism of the whole club, not a swipe at one man

Unless of course you thought Arsene was bigger than the club

We can't have it both ways !! Either Wenger was to blame for our poor performances (tactics and prep), poor state of medical rehabilitation, poor purchases, scouting, lack of defensive coaching etc etc, the very things we complained Wenger was either bad at or too controlling over, or he wasn't.

We all said he had too much control at the club, one of the big criticisms. How are you going to now come and say he didn't have too much control ? Why were we all (including you) complaining that he was behaving like a dictator and won't relinquish full control to and let others help ?

The reason we are in decline is because of Wenger only, performances on the pitch are down to Wenger and Wenger's vision, nobody else.

Bollocks was it.

It was kronkes fault for persisting with the sustainable model when ffp was a busted flush.

Kronke and the boards fault for not having the restructure in place in time, meaning they still needed Wenger to have a hand in all pies until this season.

Kronke and the boards fault for not having the balls to shift Wenger earlier

The boards fault for never replacing the Dein role all those years.

If it all goes tits up with emery or anyone else, some people will be still out here blaming emery for everything while they fail to hold the actual businessmen who make the decisions for the club responsible.

Wengers not responsible for the 50m budget we are walking into the summer with right now and he's never been able to set how much budget we have to spend per window.

Same applied for the last 22 years.

What madness am I seeing here ??? Every fault lies with Wenger. Tactical stupidity and naiveness, over paying mediocre players, low-balling clubs for others, playing players out of position. Refusing to acknowledge deficiencies in the squad. Not focusing on strengths and weaknesses of the opposition, arrogance, poor defensive ability due to non-existent defensive training.

None of this is the fault of Kroenke.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Sat May 26, 2018 10:57 am

What? .... Kroenke didn't sign average players, didn't overpay average players, he didn't pick average teams, didn't play people out of position, didn't have favorites, didn't suck at substitutions, didn't fail to recognise failure ... ...

and it wasn't Kroenke who spent 360m on new players in the last five years only to see us going rapidly backwards ...

nor was it Kroenke who got sacked leaving an average 6th place squad on a salary budget 35m more than the team in 4th, and 80m more than the team in 3rd ...

THAT WAS ALL WONGER ........

This is the PEA thread so sorry for going off topic ... but hard to resist when the insidious curse of Wonger still spreads like a plague across this site ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Sat May 26, 2018 12:03 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

We can't have it both ways !! Either Wenger was to blame for our poor performances (tactics and prep), poor state of medical rehabilitation, poor purchases, scouting, lack of defensive coaching etc etc, the very things we complained Wenger was either bad at or too controlling over, or he wasn't.

We all said he had too much control at the club, one of the big criticisms. How are you going to now come and say he didn't have too much control ? Why were we all (including you) complaining that he was behaving like a dictator and won't relinquish full control to and let others help ?

The reason we are in decline is because of Wenger only, performances on the pitch are down to Wenger and Wenger's vision, nobody else.

Bollocks was it.

It was kronkes fault for persisting with the sustainable model when ffp was a busted flush.

Kronke and the boards fault for not having the restructure in place in time, meaning they still needed Wenger to have a hand in all pies until this season.

If it all goes tits up with emery or anyone else, some people will be still out here blaming emery for everything while they fail to hold the actual businessmen who make the decisions for the club responsible.

Wengers not responsible for the 50m budget we are walking into the summer with right now and he's never been able to set how much budget we have to spend per window.

What madness am I seeing here ??? Every fault lies with Wenger. Tactical stupidity and naiveness, over paying mediocre players, low-balling clubs for others, playing players out of position. Refusing to acknowledge deficiencies in the squad. Not focusing on strengths and weaknesses of the opposition, arrogance, poor defensive ability due to non-existent defensive training.

He owns the club. He gave a contract extension to Wenger. How can you absolve blame of the man in charge that wilfully let a failing manager continue in his job?

I guess when you hate Wenger that much, you can completely ignore the people that enabled him to continue with this spiral to where we are now.

You'll probably realise in a few seasons when kronke still hasn't put a pound into the club and we have to sell to fund signings, but then again it'll all be emerys fault because kronke is just a poor confused billionaire with no real power as the majority owner smh.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Rastayouth » Sat May 26, 2018 12:11 pm

So.....
People excited to see a full season of this guy?
He's agreed with a lot of posters on here that he'd like to play in a two striker formation.

I'd love to see it but I have no idea how we'd line up behind them given our personnel. Excited to see what Unai does
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Sat May 26, 2018 12:29 pm

If we could get any one of these ...
Giovani Lo Celso
Jorginho
Zambo

or steal Kroos ...

then a front two would be a serious option ... with our current squad how would we prevent the midfield from being overrun? .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Sun May 27, 2018 11:15 pm

2:10 loooooool i love this guy
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Sun May 27, 2018 11:21 pm

fs dreadful header, sell him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Mon May 28, 2018 6:50 am

Lmao

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Manoban » Mon May 28, 2018 2:09 pm

Never thought we'd get an upgrade on Alexis. Just hope he isn't pushed out on the wing to accommodate Lacazette, or worse Welbeck
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Bollocks was it.

He owns the club. He gave a contract extension to Wenger. How can you absolve blame of the man in charge that wilfully let a failing manager continue in his job?

I guess when you hate Wenger that much, you can completely ignore the people that enabled him to continue with this spiral to where we are now.

You'll probably realise in a few seasons when kronke still hasn't put a pound into the club and we have to sell to fund signings, but then again it'll all be emerys fault because kronke is just a poor confused billionaire with no real power as the majority owner smh.

Firstly I don't hate Wenger, I couldn't stand him but I had no hate towards him. I am able to appreciate the good he did for the club and I was saddened by his departure. But I keeps it real. His last 8 years were close to a disaster in my opinion.

Secondly, Peter Hill Wood didn't put money into the club and neither did the other shareholders, the club has been self sustaining. I have no problem with that whatsover, its what makes Arsenal "Arsenal" and I like that fact. If it is proven that Kroenke is in fact siphoning out money, preventing the manager from investing, I would be mad as hell, but nobody knows if thats actually happening so, until there is proof, he gets the benefit of the doubt.

I still want Kroenke gone though because he is a t**t who does not have Arsenal's interests at heart and he is preventing us from taking the steps forward we could be, by having a more ambitious owner.

But so long as the new manager gets to spend the money the club makes, there will be no drama from me.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:12 pm

forget who asked above, but SUPER PSCYHED for seeing a whole year
of slick in the box goal scoring and runs in behind...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:13 am

Just bumping this thread to show my appreciation for this maestro of a striker. Cant believe we stole him under everyones noses.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby yadunoe » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:41 am

PEA minimum 25 goals this season Laca 20+
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:32 am

yadunoe wrote:PEA minimum 25 goals this season Laca 20+

I hope your right. :pray:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:26 pm

PEA will get more than 25 (all comps). 25 PL goals is a good target if that’s what you mean tho
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club