Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:39 pm

Santi wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Santi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I'm not about to swap the highest scorer in the premier league for anyone, we're lucky to have him.

When did we sign Mo Salah? :shock: :shock:

Eh Salah is ahead because of pens. We've only had one pen this season so :dontknow:

Sorry I didn't know the award was given for top scorer sans penalties. My mistake.

Well DG didn't say golden boot winner. He just said top scorer, which Auba is if you only include non-penalty goals, which is a reasonable stance to take.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:10 am

Sorry but trying to change the meaning of top scorer to suit an Arsenal player is f***ing weird mate

Auba was top for a while, Salah has overtaken him, simple maths.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:51 am

Mesut with the quick maths

Incredible

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:58 am

Sims wrote:I think it should tbf, would be an interesting new rule

Or pen goals only count if they won the pens themselves

I like this
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:59 am

Santi wrote:Sorry but trying to change the meaning of top scorer to suit an Arsenal player is f***ing weird mate

I have noticed this for a while ..... people adopting abstract positions to validate their arguments
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:20 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Santi wrote:Sorry but trying to change the meaning of top scorer to suit an Arsenal player is f***ing weird mate

I have noticed this for a while ..... people adopting abstract positions to validate their arguments

Yeah I mean I understand it because penalty goals are considered easier but it's not like those goals don't count all of a sudden. They still have to be scored and Salah is winning them with his dives as well. End of the day he is simply the PL top scorer as of now.

Plus if we want to start taking pens off then Laca looks bang average at Lyon ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:28 pm

Santi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I'm not about to swap the highest scorer in the premier league for anyone, we're lucky to have him.

Auba was top scorer, this sh*t is changing on a weekly basis, last I heard he was, this week maybe he isn't, next week he may be again, there is a two goal difference between Salah, Auba and Kane which as we speak may or may not be the case still.

Is there any point in being so pedantic, you get the drift.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:38 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:

Auba was top scorer, this sh*t is changing on a weekly basis, last I heard he was, this week maybe he isn't, next week he may be again, there is a two goal difference between Salah, Auba and Kane which as we speak may or may not be the case still.

Funny thing was, I looked it up based on your post because I was like woahh is he still top? That's good. Turned out he wasn't so made a jokey post which based on your response I think you can appreciate fine.

Pudpop then went on a mad one :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Santi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:

Funny thing was, I looked it up based on your post because I was like woahh is he still top? That's good. Turned out he wasn't so made a jokey post which based on your response I think you can appreciate fine.

Pudpop then went on a mad one :lol:

Well he is right about the penalties, however I do agree on the consensus that we can't discount goal tallies based on penalties, top scorer is top scorer and Auba is "currently" joint 2nd with Kane.

Last I heard Auba was still top which was about 2 weeks ago, next week he could be again, who know's.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:13 am

Proof that the big chance missed Stat is irrelevant
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:20 am

It's relevant for us because we can't afford for him to miss chances as much as the teams that some of them players belong to.

Pea is doing a very good job but with the chances he has had and the ability he has got he could have been closer to dortmund numbers which would probably see us sitting in an unlikely top 4 spot at this point
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:18 pm

he's scoring regularly ... but he is also not overly impressive while doing it...

cos he mishandles the ball frequently enough that his overall chances are lowered
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 pm

We're lucky to have him, people should realise that.

2nd highest goal scorer in the prem and the ones you lot are worried about are the ones he misses, what about all those he's scored??

Talk about a bunch of glass half full people.

Swear some of you have missed your meds, mofo's have got Winter depression or something?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:23 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:It's relevant for us because we can't afford for him to miss chances as much as the teams that some of them players belong to.

Pea is doing a very good job but with the chances he has had and the ability he has got he could have been closer to dortmund numbers which would probably see us sitting in an unlikely top 4 spot at this point

Instead of bashing aubameyang as to his misses, we should be asking why none of our midfielders are putting up regular numbers.

That's the bigger issue.

If we had:

Iwobi
Mkhi
Ozil
Ramsey
Guendouzi

Scoring, aubas misses wouldn't be blinked at. Instead some have decided to be hyper critical against a guy that's putting up big numbers.

Oddly, lacazette doesn't get as much criticism as auba, yet he's given more opportunity at ST out of the two.

The criticism is quite frankly baffling to me.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:27 pm

It’s the way we are set up that’s concerning. We aren’t good defensively which means midfield is helping which means we are scraping together chances for him to take, so it means more when he misses with us vs if he was in another side. At least that’s my takeaway.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club