Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:27 pm

aniym wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
aniym wrote:Ronaldinho was better than every other player in the world....for about 3 years.

RVP was a top player from 2010-13, but was lacing up for Fenerbahce by the time he was 31.

Aubameyang on the other hand has been banging them in for every single club he's been at for close to a decade. He's also proved himself to be a leader on the pitch, which RVP never was.

Leader on the pitch how, because he scores goals ?? RVP scored goals when he was Arsenal captain too ?

Explain how Auba is a leader on the pitch. I see no leadership on the pitch, I don't see any gee-ing up or remonstrations, things that all good captains do. Leading by example ? Ok yes ... but then RVP did the same if scoring goals is the criteria.

He was literally wearing the captain's armband on Saturday.

Since Arteta arrived, he has been tracking back and making far more of a defensive contribution. Players that won't or can't do that get dropped. No exceptions. He's our only undroppable player, but he's still leading by example.

That's on top of the fact that's he's dragged us to our first silverware since 2017. RVP had better players around him in every position, and only has a failed League Cup final to his name.

Always liked RVP but no problem with Aubameyang's leadership so far. Works hard on the pitch, promotes Arsenal in a positive light and has conducted himself well throughout the contract speculation.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:52 pm

theHotHead wrote:
aniym wrote:Ronaldinho was better than every other player in the world....for about 3 years.

RVP was a top player from 2010-13, but was lacing up for Fenerbahce by the time he was 31.

Aubameyang on the other hand has been banging them in for every single club he's been at for close to a decade. He's also proved himself to be a leader on the pitch, which RVP never was.

Leader on the pitch how, because he scores goals ?? RVP scored goals when he was Arsenal captain too ?

Explain how Auba is a leader on the pitch. I see no leadership on the pitch, I don't see any gee-ing up or remonstrations, things that all good captains do. Leading by example ? Ok yes ... but then RVP did the same if scoring goals is the criteria.

He clearly is not.
Not sure where this mythical tracking back has come from. Watching a rerun of the game you can see him aimlessly wandering around when we don't have the ball with half arsed efforts to close down. against Fulham, no tackles, no clearances , no blocks, no interceptions, no winning the ball off a defender. He literally did sod all for the entire game apart from his one moment of brilliance for the goal, a missed half chance when he should have taken it first time, a lousy cross and a pretty decent cut back.
I also never see him organise anything on the pitch or give instructions to individual players or even try and help them get through some rough spells.

He does absolutely nothing for the team beyond his goals - which is all fine as long as he keeps banging them in.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Sims » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:15 pm

he has notably worked harder under arteta than before

his heatmap proves this

also he wasnt really able to contribute much than be a presence against fulham because he got booked early on (despite michael hector cleaning out abou 8 of our players but somehow avoiding a second yellow)
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:48 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Sims wrote:van persie wasnt a great influence in the dressing room

got knocked down a peg when rambo threatened to bang him

Whaaaaat ????? Didn't Rambo have alms with another Arsenal player too, was it Ozil ? I don't remember exactly.

Alexis. It reached a point where they didn't even pass to each other.

Most elite tier players didn't like playing with Ramsey tbh. He was a wayward passer and was extremely gung-ho in his style.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:25 pm

Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Whaaaaat ????? Didn't Rambo have alms with another Arsenal player too, was it Ozil ? I don't remember exactly.

Most elite tier players didn't like playing with Ramsey tbh. He was a wayward passer and was extremely gung-ho in his style.

Hollywood Ramsey.
He was also lazy AF when chasing back to help the defence.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Ramsey did out assist/goals even mesut at times, especially looking at per minute, I think he would have been good under arteta
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby starmandb » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:23 pm

aniym wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

He was literally wearing the captain's armband on Saturday.

Since Arteta arrived, he has been tracking back and making far more of a defensive contribution. Players that won't or can't do that get dropped. No exceptions. He's our only undroppable player, but he's still leading by example.

That's on top of the fact that's he's dragged us to our first silverware since 2017. RVP had better players around him in every position, and only has a failed League Cup final to his name.

Van persie won the fa cup with arsenal in 2005
He scored in the penalty shoot out in the final
Twice in the semi
He got the winner in the third round v stoke as well
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:28 pm

starmandb wrote:Van persie won the fa cup with arsenal in 2005
He scored in the penalty shoot out in the final
Twice in the semi

I stand corrected. My other point stands however. RVP's silverware comes alongside the GOAT Wenger team which player for player puts the 2020 team to shame.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:28 pm

Sims wrote:he has notably worked harder under arteta than before

his heatmap proves this

also he wasnt really able to contribute much than be a presence against fulham because he got booked early on (despite michael hector cleaning out abou 8 of our players but somehow avoiding a second yellow)

Don't even need the heat map. Just have to watch him play without hatred and an agenda and clear to see
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:30 pm

Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Aaaah right. So who did Ozil give a cussing too on the pitch?? Was it Bellerin then? I swear it happened and I am not going mad.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:31 pm

Yep Bellerin after a shit cross
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:46 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Hollywood Ramsey.
He was also lazy AF when chasing back to help the defence.

Yup. I was at a League Cup match against Liverpool back a decade or so and he was doing wayward backheels and flicks in our end and some Greek dude sitting next to us made a comment about him "not being quite as Cruyff as he thinks he is" . About the best unbiased observation of him at the time and now.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:10 am

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Sims » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:42 pm

Sims
Member of the Year 2016