Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:33 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Is Auba good enough to say replace Kane? No. Aguero? No. Salah? No.

If any of those teams lost those players, you can bet that they'd be absolutely over the moon with Aubameyang as the replacement, so the answer is yes.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:55 pm

theHotHead wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Is Auba good enough to say replace Kane? No. Aguero? No. Salah? No.

Yet if you want goals ............ he's scored more than all of them.

Also Salah is not a striker, and the other two are the best in the league, so you can't even mention anyone else in the prem but if he's not as good as those two = sh*t.

Your pathetic mate, Auba is burying you every weekend and your now just trying to talk your way out of it throwing up hail mary excuses.

As for the 3 I cared to mention.
Kane > Aubamayang (scores as many goals and is a world ahead of Auba in other areas of the game)
Aguero > Aubamayang
Salah > Aubamayang

As for other strikers? He is not as good as Laca, but right now is getting the main gig, so he's scoring. Even Adebayor scored goals in Arsenal's system.

So, if you argue Auba is decent, but not as good as the strikers we have had for the past 20+ years, then OK.
If you argue he is some kind of great player and world class, well that's just funny.

Pretending he is great is not going to make it true.
I will change my opinion when he plays well consistently - which I know is not going to happen.
I didn't even bring him up today - but every time he scores you feel the need to say 'hey look, he is good'. Who is it you are trying to convince? Where were you when Aubayang was absolutely shit against Spurs, Soton, Huddersfield and Utd - and didn't save his dire performances with a goal?

Sorry but most of this is just rubbish.

Have you seen how dire football in general is recently? You mention Kane, Aguero and a guy who isn't even a striker Salah. All three of them like Aubameyang flawed but seen is world class in this truly dog era of football.

Aubameyang can't dribble, his technique is good in the touch but rather erratic at times, he can't hold up the ball and isn't the strongest in regards to crosses, headers etc..If he was around 15 years ago he'd barely be seen as top class. I don't like Adebayor at all but if i do agree that he was at his peak abetter player than Aubameyang is not. However this is 2018! Football is a boring, robotic procession losing personality by the second so this is the best your going to get in this climate and he is the best in the league for me right now.

Its clear you played the 'grass is greener' card early with him after his bad start now since hes top scorer your having to backtrack and eat your words but instead digging a deeper hole rather than see where you went wrong.

We are 2nd top scorers in the league, if we had a decent defence we would be genuine title contenders, Aubameyang despite his flaws is quality , better than Kane who is a different type of striker who is better with the holdup play and has better strength to lead the line than Aubameyang can but i don't give a shit, no way i'd have Kane over Auba. Kane's technique is very average, not even near Aubameyang's level, his awareness upfront makes up for it like with Shearer but he's an example of a good striker who is world class in this dog era of football. My brother is a spurs fan and he says himself Kane isn't a true super human player, he's simply very effective. Also Kun Aguero, same thing, 'grass is greener' attitude, he has just as many flaws as Auba, you seen them for Argentina over the years and now and again for City, then you have Salah who isn't even a striker.

I have no issues with Aubameyang and Lacazette for that matter, bith real quality. Our issue is our defence and we have no proper wingers!!!!!

Please just stop digging yourself a bigger hole.

Actually everything you just wrote is nonsense, pure side stepping Jay's post and then harping on about football being different. Wtf does that have to do with Jay's points??

Kane is a better all round striker than Auba, he has everything and unlike Auba doesn't go missing for half the game. The only thing Auba has over Kane is pace. I bet my house and car that Auba won't be worth what Kane is worth in a transfer. Kane is being touted as the next megastar English player who will be transferred to one of the big clubs. Aguero's record for City is nothing short of phenomenal, there is a reason he is the one striker City do their damndest to keep. And as for Salah, when Auba is up for the gongs Salah has been up for then you can start to say Auba is on his level.

I can't even believe this is even an argument!!! FFS.

Sheringham, Shearer, Rooney, Lineker and Wright are better than Kane IMHO. Kane is on par with Andy Cole. I will take Aubameyang anyday.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:02 pm

gooney wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:Just score thirty goals this season and everybody will be happy no matter what.

Not if he performs like yesterday. Cause the team wont get anywhere and will score less than the other top teams. This was guardiolas problem with aguero when he first came and demanded more. He even daidits not you score and you have good game as striker and if you dont you have bad games. But guardiola also got big critics because football is viewed different here. But he really improved aguero

Well, then we still have more than enough time for Emery to improve Aubameyang. Fair enough, no?
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Since some of you want to complain, tell me who you wouldve got instead of Auba in January or summer 2018 if we waited.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:22 pm

I get the feeling we'd be having this convo with the same poster if we had those strikers at the club and auba was doing what he's doing at another prem club.

Can't even be arsed to waste energy on this anymore tbf.

Where was Kane when we were humiliating them at home a few weeks ago?

Where was aguero when palace destroyed them at home yesterday?

Morata?
Vardy?
Lukaku?

Would they all be classed as better than auba by these lots random non goal related yard stick?

Auba has his own strengths that few of these other players have that he exploits to great effect.

Yeah they all have different attributes that determine they're game but ultimately, theyre most important job is to score goals.

Bit difficult to claim auba is limited versus the rest when he's comfortably beating 90% of them in the scoring charts, a pretty important feature for a striker imo.

Can't believe this conversation has dominated post match more than us turning over a side we would have crumbled against this time last year.

I thank the stars every day we have auba and laca and prey that they are joined by wingers and a CB of their calibre in the very near future.

We are looking at pretty unfinished first 11 atm, the club needs a few windows to really get some quality across the whole 11 and below that to compete against some of the squads in the league.

Having auba there is one less headache, not the main one.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:23 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:Since some of you want to complain, tell me who you wouldve got instead of Auba in January or summer 2018 if we waited.

Tumbleweed.

Only options I've heard to replace him is nketiah so far.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:32 pm

Auba is the best striker we could have hoped for. His movement is best in the world imo, with Cavani close second.

I think people's irritation is that there's still another level to come from Auba. He's missed a fair few golden chances in big games and for a player of his ability you would expect or hope for him to hit the net. He was much more ruthless at Dortmund.

If we sign a proper winger who can cross Auba will be lethal. Here's hoping
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Jedi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:56 pm

People are complaining after he scored 2 goals, imagine this thread when he goes through a serious goal drought
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LegendaryKeown » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Jedi wrote:People are complaining after he scored 2 goals, imagine this thread when he goes through a serious goal drought

This complaint is by the same person who calls Giroud a better player, who went on 20 game droughts.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:Since some of you want to complain, tell me who you wouldve got instead of Auba in January or summer 2018 if we waited.

No one. Him and laca is by far the 2 best things about our team. Both has to start. First 2 names on the team....then somehow make a team. Auba is twice the player with laca next 2 him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Zedie wrote:I get the feeling we'd be having this convo with the same poster if we had those strikers at the club and auba was doing what he's doing at another prem club.

Can't even be arsed to waste energy on this anymore tbf.

Where was Kane when we were humiliating them at home a few weeks ago?

Where was aguero when palace destroyed them at home yesterday?

Morata?
Vardy?
Lukaku?

Would they all be classed as better than auba by these lots random non goal related yard stick?

Auba has his own strengths that few of these other players have that he exploits to great effect.

Yeah they all have different attributes that determine they're game but ultimately, theyre most important job is to score goals.

Bit difficult to claim auba is limited versus the rest when he's comfortably beating 90% of them in the scoring charts, a pretty important feature for a striker imo.

Can't believe this conversation has dominated post match more than us turning over a side we would have crumbled against this time last year.

I thank the stars every day we have auba and laca and prey that they are joined by wingers and a CB of their calibre in the very near future.

We are looking at pretty unfinished first 11 atm, the club needs a few windows to really get some quality across the whole 11 and below that to compete against some of the squads in the league.

Having auba there is one less headache, not the main one.

Preach :clap:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:11 pm

We should buy this Auba lad.

Eden Hazard tho. :shocked:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:28 pm

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yet if you want goals ............ he's scored more than all of them.

Also Salah is not a striker, and the other two are the best in the league, so you can't even mention anyone else in the prem but if he's not as good as those two = sh*t.

Your pathetic mate, Auba is burying you every weekend and your now just trying to talk your way out of it throwing up hail mary excuses.

Hang on a minute DG, are you saying that you would not swap Auba for Salah, Kane or Aguero if given a chance???

Be honest. If your answer is no then it is clear who is smoking the funny fags!!

I like Auba, don't get me wrong, but those 3 are on the next level mate.

I think my answer was more than clear enough.

Although I'm not sure I would swap him, his return for us is above their numbers so far so why would I?

Am I saying he's better than them, no, but am I saying he may be a better fit for us at this club? ............ 1st place scorer in the league says he may be.

I'm happy with him, if we were forced to swap I wouldn't shed a tear as its quality for quality, but am I looking to get rid of him, certainly not.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Cannoner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Emery hasn't even moulded his team and tactics properly yet, it took Klopp 18 months to mould Liverpool's attack the way he wanted it. It took Pep a season as well. It takes time for managers to implement on the ball and off the ball patterns of play. You can slowly see it forming but there's more to go. Auba and Laca will only get better.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:24 pm

Fran Solo wrote:Sheringham, Shearer, Rooney, Lineker and Wright are better than Kane IMHO. Kane is on par with Andy Cole. I will take Aubameyang anyday.

LOL, you just named some of the best strikers in English football history, its no slight if Kane isn't as good as them. Andy Cole was a top striker. but lets look at the stats to see if you are correct.

According to Transfermarkt.com Harry Kane has scored 153 goals in 237 appearances for Spurs, Thats a strike rate of 0.64 goals per game.
Andy Cole scored 121 goals in 271 games for Man U, a strike rate of .44. For Newcastle (47 goals and 61 appearances) it was 0.77 goals per game.
Aubameyang's stats are 0.66 goals per game for Dortmund and 0.64 for Arsenal. That's a consistent strike rate at the highest level. To be fair he has got a lot more assists than I expected too !!!

Sheringham had 0.41 for Man U and 0.29 for Man U.
Shearer had 0.49 for Newcastle and 0.77 for Blackburn.
Rooney had 0.45 for Man U
Lineker had (according to Wiki cos Transfermarkt.com had a dodgy number of appearances) 0.40 for Barca, 0.63 for Spurs, 0.73 for Everton and 0.48 for Leicester.
Wrighty had (according to Wiki for same reason) 0.57 for Arsenal.

So the stats say Kane is better than Sheringham, Rooney, Shearer (if you take the average of his Newcastle and Blackburn strike rate its 0.63) and Wrighty.

My honest opinion given the choice, I would choose Wrighty, Shearer and Rooney over Kane. Sheringham didn't score enough to even come into the conversation and Lineker was literally a penalty box poacher, Kane has far more to his game. Andy Cole needed too many chances to score a goal which is why he didn't play for England as much as he wanted.
Last edited by theHotHead on Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club