Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: OFFICIAL: PEA signs new contract!

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:01 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:The only thing I wasn't happy about with the video is the over hyping.

Why do we at Arsenal make fools of ourselves by releasing pressers making our players godlike? guys been here 2.5 years and we're already talking about statues ffs.

No other club does this, its embarrassing.

The time has changed, Mate. Arsenal PR and media team got many praises and rave reviews lately. The social media got tons of new followers and subscribbers. Some even said that we are the best and the most creative, and they are not even Arsenal fans. There's a web that compares Gabriel Magelhaes signing YouTube video with other clubs' signing videos like Barcelona, United, Chelsea and some others and they say that we are the best. Our YouTube just reached 2M subscribbers yesterday. Look, I'm not 100% into this myself since I'm not a young man either, but the younger generation likes the stuffs that we've done so far.

Maybe it IS just a generational thing.
Football is is so much more like a movie or TV show these days instead of sport.
I hate all this building up of suspense, which I think is deliberate - like a weekly cliffhanger on a TV show. 'Tunein next week to find out ...'
If this is what young people like in their sport, I guess it's no wonder the older generation find it so artificial and silly.
I'd rather just tune into the game and see how we play, hopefully able to celebrate a win.

It is deliberate. I believe he has signed for quite some times.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:55 am

Between 2017 and now PEA has been the most clinical finisher in Europe's top 5 leagues -

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:01 am

Weird that his goals/shots ratio is actually showing as the best by far as he really does seem to fluff quite a few chances but hey, not complaining. He doesn’t exactly fire in 10 shots a game tbf so guess that helps compared to some of the others listed but either way it’s impressive.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:06 am

when I posted that graphic last page but didn’t get acknowledged

Feels bad man
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:17 am

Sims wrote:when I posted that graphic last page but didn’t get acknowledged

Feels bad man

Lol, my bad.

Changed post author to Simslad. :Peace:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Dejan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:27 pm

Sims wrote:Between 2017 and now PEA has been the most clinical finisher in Europe's top 5 leagues -

But but shit finisher

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:35 pm

remember when people thought arteta's appointment would mean auba and the rest of the dressing room would walk all over him and make them leave lol
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:55 pm

Sims wrote:

remember when people thought arteta's appointment would mean auba and the rest of the dressing room would walk all over him and make them leave lol

I am glad he understands he needs to improve - if he can add some creativity to his game (and in fairness, he did get an assist already) then we'll benefit greatly.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Callum » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Sims wrote:

Don Mikel leading a revolution.

:hail:
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:51 pm

Sims wrote:

Mikel the Doormat

Good days.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:17 pm

Sims wrote:

Tbf, his brother did post some shit about the Arteta rumoured appointment didn't he? I think Mikel has just proven himself to the senior players.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:25 am

^ Exactly.

That rumour wasn't spread by us, but as Santi said, Arteta has proved himself to everyone.

People aren't clairvoyant, it was a gamble, as with all gambles when you win your on cloud 9, when you lose you have egg on your face, Arteta had never managed before so its not as if people had a record to base his appointment on.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:14 am

DiamondGooner wrote:^ Exactly.

That rumour wasn't spread by us, but as Santi said, Arteta has proved himself to everyone.

People aren't clairvoyant, it was a gamble, as with all gambles when you win your on cloud 9, when you lose you have egg on your face, Arteta had never managed before so its not as if people had a record to base his appointment on.

I would say that Areta is proving himself. It's a process. He won't have proven himself as a top-flight manager until we get back into the top 4 and show we are serious about challenging for top honours. That was what he was brought in to do. Signs are good.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:45 am

But its not the middle grounders who were the problem it was those that wrote him off before he had even been conformed and when he was confirmed!! People not only spat their dummy out and threw their toys out of the pram they went overboard with their criticism. Arteta was dead before he was born in their eyes.

The humble pie they are eating is burning them
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ag6789 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:45 am

The problem with a manager is that they need to prove themselves continuously. No let up.
One loss or a critical draw, people will have his head. All and sundry.
So Arteta has a long way to go, in fact as long as survives in Arsenal, he'll not rest in peace.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club