Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby theHotHead » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:59 pm

gooney wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Probably more importantly when looking at our actual performances with and without Auba in the last 3 seasons, we win about the same number of points per game on average.
It's slightly better with Auba in the team - about 2 points per season. That's probably about normal for any first choice striker in the league.
i.e. it's pretty much irrelevant whether he plays or not as to how many points we end up with.

stats vs our own eyes. The main reason we fell off as a club is because we became stats obsessed and decided to buy players based on stats who turned out to be crap. stats is there to just add more info. But should never be the main reason you make footballing decision. Without Auba we would be in relegation this season. i dont care what anyone says.....thats the truth. When you get dominated in most games you play and you get bailed out by your striker. Then its clear where you are. even teams like Bournemouth dominates us

How are we getting bailed out by the striker when he himself is mostly shit in those games too!! How many times have we seen match reports on here and Auba was shit - but he scored. Look at the goals he scores, they are not amazing solo efforts or magic conjured from nothing goals.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:09 pm

gooney wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:I think you need around 80 goals to win the title, we will prob end up with less than 65 this year, selling pea makes no sense if we want to have a go at the title.

Your argument suggests we SHOULD sell Auba.
He's certainly not up to the job of getting us more goals as a team. We score about the same as when we had Giroud, or Sanchez.
Therefore cashing in and using the money to rebuild the creative force of the team seems sensible.
If we DON'T sell him, he's likely to leave on a free transfer and it will take us longer to get to that 80 goals a season level.

He's also 31 in a couple of months.
It would be lunacy not to cash in on the guy now with the major rebuilding this club needs.
I would rather we look to the future than get hung up on players who have made no difference in our quest to get back to Top 4 and eventually challenge for titles.

omng we had much better team back then. Do you even watch us? Those teams didnt use to play against Bournemouth and Palace and have less possession and shots. We are not half the team we used to be. I cant remember last time we played 28 league games and have +4 in goal difference. Even at wengers worst season we was never close to this. +4 goal difference after 28 league games with one of the best strikers in the league is a damning stat that cant be overlooked

Yeah we had a better team back then, but we didn't score more goals, so not sure what you are talking about. Unless you are going further back, which is a different story. Auba would not be anywhere near the first team in the glory days. He'd be Henry's back up.
Goal difference is about defence too. You want to make this team better? Then focus on the defence and central midfield. Strikers are not our problem. With or without Auba we'll score goals.

It makes perfect sense to cash in on him now and use the money to help the rebuilding process. Same goes for Lacazette by the way. Get rid of them both. We haven;t got the time or the money to keep pandering to these hold out players.

Giving in to Auba now will cost us years in terms of getting back to the top. We'll get 3 more years of an aging Aubamayang. A player who in the last 3 years has helped us win precisely nothing and has not improved the teams goal scoring.

Perhaps you'd like to explain how blowing our budget on Aubamayang's new contract is going to make us better than we have been with him for the last 3 years? Are you happy with where we are as a club?
Last edited by jayramfootball on Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:09 pm

gooney wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:I think you need around 80 goals to win the title, we will prob end up with less than 65 this year, selling pea makes no sense if we want to have a go at the title.

Your argument suggests we SHOULD sell Auba.
He's certainly not up to the job of getting us more goals as a team. We score about the same as when we had Giroud, or Sanchez.
Therefore cashing in and using the money to rebuild the creative force of the team seems sensible.
If we DON'T sell him, he's likely to leave on a free transfer and it will take us longer to get to that 80 goals a season level.

He's also 31 in a couple of months.
It would be lunacy not to cash in on the guy now with the major rebuilding this club needs.
I would rather we look to the future than get hung up on players who have made no difference in our quest to get back to Top 4 and eventually challenge for titles.

omng we had much better team back then. Do you even watch us? Those teams didnt use to play against Bournemouth and Palace and have less possession and shots. We are not half the team we used to be. I cant remember last time we played 28 league games and have +4 in goal difference. Even at wengers worst season we was never close to this. +4 goal difference after 28 league games with one of the best strikers in the league is a damning stat that cant be overlooked

You can blame that greasy haired f**k face for us having such a poor goal difference right now. The man was shocking, the rest of this season is damage limitation.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:16 pm

Manchester City have been tipped to join the race for Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, with Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid also interested in the 30-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer of 2021. (Express)

City and Barca can f**k off. He's an upgrade on aguero and Suarez but f**k them. Sell to inter or real if we have to sell.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby NovaGB » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:35 pm

We should just drag his contract out, chances are the legs will be gone soon, if we upgraded the defensive areas and got 30 goals out of him next season that would be worth any £40m bid from City or Madrid etc
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:46 pm

Needs to sign or be sold. I thought we were promised an end to this nonsense with players being allowed to run their contracts.

Never should have been given only a 3.5 year contract and should have been made to sign / sold in the summer.

We'd of been able to fetch upwards of £60m for him in the summer - that money could have brought in Partey or a replacement striker such as Werner, Icardi or Lautaro.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:50 pm

Chelsea are keeping an eye on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's situation at Arsenal and hope to make a summer move for the 30-year-old Gabon striker. (ESPN)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:04 am

Lol I see no one is talking about Auba telling Kroenke to fvck off with his salary cut nonsense.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gamechannel » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:58 am

swipe right wrote:Lol I see no one is talking about Auba telling Kroenke to fvck off with his salary cut nonsense.

Where are you getting that news from?
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby swipe right » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:24 am

gamechannel wrote:
swipe right wrote:Lol I see no one is talking about Auba telling Kroenke to fvck off with his salary cut nonsense.

The voices in my head.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gamechannel » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:40 am

swipe right wrote:
gamechannel wrote:

The voices in my head.

Maybe that's why no one is talking about it?! :dontknow:
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Auba wants £300k per week apparently or he won't entertain staying its as simple as that.

Do we pay it or let him go?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:24 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Auba wants £300k per week apparently or he won't entertain staying its as simple as that.

Do we pay it or let him go?

Per the Atlantic, he's already on £450k a week if we include the bonuses and signing fee.

I'm not Arsenal's Financial Director. I'm a fan. Keep him.

We already know this lot of buffoons would spend £100m for a Morata equivalent.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:33 pm

Keep
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:07 pm

Keep