Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby LMAO » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:25 am

Lives in a Western society in 2018.

Western society deems throwing bananas at black people a racist act.

Man throws a banana at a black person.

Society derides man and act.

Man:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Rockape » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:35 am

theHotHead wrote:
Rockape wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:Indefinite ban issued by Spurs

People defending this t**t on social media saying he was probably eating a banana and it's the only thing he had to throw.

Seriously wtf

Please don't think I'm defending anyone here....I just wanted to say that it was a banana skin, rather than a banana. Hardly the work of a person taking a banana to a game, wanting to make a racial statement I'd suggest? Clearly immensely stupid at the very least, which is what we'd expect of anyone in that section of the crowd!

A) who takes a banana to a match??
B) who throws things at opposing players???

The guy is a racist prick. In all my days of going to football matches never have I gone with a piece of fruit :rofll:

The type of person that would bring a fruit to a game to eat it is not the type of person who would throw things at players FFS.[/quote

He didn’t take a banana to the game.... he appears to be just someone extremely dense that wasn’t thinking about the racist issue he created! That’s all.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:56 pm

Santi wrote:Tbh, haven't seen the guy or the supposed reasoning in detail but inclined to believe him and would like to hope it's just a silly mis-judgement, as I'd hope it would be should it be one of our fans.

People of course are going to automatically assume it's racist, and it may well have been, but hopefully for everyone involved it really was just done without thinking of the connotations. Either way it's cost him his ticket.

The only thing you should throw at a football ground is your voice
Keep Britain tidy
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Zedie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:34 am

WHO TAKES A PACKED LUNCH TO A NORTH LONDON DARBY

Have any of you ever taken one to football? It honestly baffles me to think of doing that.

Imagine the pre journey review before you leave the house:

House keys? Check

Wallet? Check

Oyster? Check

Scarf and hat? Check

Ticket? Check

Transformers lunch box with matching thermos?

DEAR GOD WHERE IS IT
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:37 am

Apparently it was a kids banana and ive seen plenty of them have a packed lunch. No idea why

Ultimately the guys a c***. A racist c***? No idea but he remains a c***
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:40 am

Sometimes I take a carton of OJ and / or crisps for half time

I prefer to drink beer after the match and can't be arsed with queuing up at half time and missing the match

As for the culprit, he's lived in the UK for how long? Doesn't know that chucking a banana skin at a black man is going to be deemed racist? Yeah right. There's almost more credibility in just admitting It, this way he's denying he's a racist and in doing so claiming he's borderline disabled.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby theHotHead » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 am

Take your child to a NLD to sit in the away end and give them a packed lunch !!! :rofll:

That child is a wuss !!! When I was a kid my Highbury going mates were Junior Gunners - or should that be Junior Gooner thugs, the thought of them taking a packed lunch to a game I find laughable and pathetic.

Give the kid a Snickers and a bag of crisps not a freekin banana FFS, that is everything that is wrong with football right there :angry:

The parent of the child is probably the type that asks you to sit down or to stop swearing !!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 am

theHotHead wrote:Take your child to a NLD to sit in the away end and give them a packed lunch !!! :rofll:

That child is a wuss !!! When I was a kid my Highbury going mates were Junior Gunners - or should that be Junior Gooner thugs, the thought of them taking a packed lunch to a game I find laughable and pathetic.

Give the kid a Snickers and a bag of crisps not a freekin banana FFS, that is everything that is wrong with football right there :angry:

The parent of the child is probably the type that asks you to sit down or to stop swearing !!

I was shocked by the language in the family enclosure when I sat there last year

Couldn't believe what I was hearing. Seriously

More swearing than a labour ward
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:49 pm

Another donkey game. No goal to mask it this time.

Needs Laca with him to do well.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:36 pm

Santi wrote:Another donkey game. No goal to mask it this time.

He needs to be played wide and supply - he's not a striker.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:39 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Santi wrote:Another donkey game. No goal to mask it this time.

He needs to be played wide and supply - he's not a striker.

Other than when he played for Dortmund and scored goals and for us
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:40 pm

He's the leagues top scorer.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby HalHartley » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:47 pm

He is a top notch goal scorer, his record for dortmund and so far here prove that, he works so well with Laca. He probably feels a bit lost, especially with Iwobi
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:42 am

Exactly look at who he's playing with up top. He makes loads of really good runs, every game, but we are failing to find him as often as we need to. It's no surprise he looks miles better when Laca is playing - he's the only one as good. Just look at yesterday's game. We gave the ball away so many times in the first 10 minutes with terrible passes. He made several great runs in that time and the counter was on.

What I will hold against him is he needs to score a higher perecet of his chances. He's fluffing too many of them wide or over the bar. He had one guilt edged chance yesterday and shot directly at De Gea. It doesn't matter if he's the league's top scorer, if he misses chances and we don't win, it's a problem
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:36 am

See I don't get some of the comments but on the other hand I do. For example, people are complaining that he misses too many chances, but at the same time he just went on a run of scoring with his last 8 shots !!! so either he is missing too many chances or he is clinical beyond belief, which is it ?

But I do see both points of view, that miss yesterday he should've buried. No idea why you wouldn't play him and Laca together for longer yesterday :dontknow:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club