Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:22 pm

Another rag say he is being offered 250K per week for three seasons. My guess is that he stays. He loves London, he loves Arteta, he loves playing with Laca who will also stay.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:51 pm

Has to stay. Just look at RVP. He's a nobody. Unloved. Unwanted. Just a lonely outcast.

Sign the contract and become a legend. If he doesn't sign, just make sure he moves abroad.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:23 am

jayramfootball wrote:If it is true that Auba is demanding the club make the signings he wants then I will be interested to see the reaction from the RVP haters.

Depends.

If he moves abroad, then no hard feelings and wish him well as I would've with RVP. If he strengthens a league rival, then he's a c***.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Ach » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:28 am

LMAO wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:If it is true that Auba is demanding the club make the signings he wants then I will be interested to see the reaction from the RVP haters.

Depends.

If he moves abroad, then no hard feelings and wish him well as I would've with RVP. If he strengthens a league rival, then he's a c***.

Yup
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:13 am

Ach wrote:
Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 31, wants to see the Gunners make big signings before he agrees a new deal after firing the club to their 14th FA Cup. (Le10 Sport, via Metro)

Yeah he's gone

Tbh its gonna be what its gonna be ..........

AFC from what we know have offered to stump up the £250k at least we haven't heard that demand being the issue, so if the club have offered the wages then that's the most they can do.

No one know's how other players are going to react about coming to Arsenal so all we can do is try.

I obviously want Auba to stay, he's one of the best in the world, like Henry and RVP even opposition fans admit it, but if "he" chooses to go then Lacazette and Martinelli have to step up, they are the only ones with the talent to even attempt it.
You could throw Pepe in there but Pepe is more of a true wide player, not a box striker although he could help with goals as well.

........... I just hope this doesn't become an RVP replica because its looking like it could go that way, but ce la vie we move on regardless.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:44 am

Jesus wept Jay
1- RVP was dead right AW's Arsenal had lost its hunger to be winners on the pitch, it wanted to win on a spreadsheet.
2- the fans just didnt like RVP going to a rival, and had the club had any balls they could have ensured that didnt happen.
RVP hence become the modern Frank Staplecunt
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gordon Bennit » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:00 am

Whilst if you want loyalty you buy a dog, Aubameyang hasn't spent half his time injured (no fault of Van Persie's but it's still a reality) while the club kept faith in him and didn't cut their losses. Neither was Auba gifted a final chance card; he would have interested a number of clubs despite attitude rumours as opposed to a very young man not far off the last chance saloon.
Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name
Gordon Bennit
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:37 am

Never hated RVP for putting our business out there on the street. His open letter or whatever gave the fans more transparency than Wenger ever did regarding the club's ambitions.

Auba is elite level and has earned the right to make his extension contingent on investment on the club's part. He's 31 FFS and before this he had only won the German FA cup equivalent with Dortmund.

At 31, RVP was finished, he was mere months away from a move to the Super Lig.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:21 am

If he has to leave as long as we sell him abroad I’m not bothered we can’t be doing what we’ve done in the past and strengthening PL rivals like we have with Nasri and RVP in the past
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goonerz » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:14 am

DiamondGooner wrote:............ well I did tell him.

We all bloody told him.

That was my issue with him, he's the definition of a fool.

We all make statements or have opinions, some we get right, some we get wrong, no one gets every opinion right, but only a fool keeps an opinion when he's long past been proven wrong.

Said person then isn't in it for debate or knowledge, that person then is just clearly in it for ego and I have no time for that sort of debate because its pointless.

Its a bad character flaw to not be able to admit when your wrong, it means you don't learn because you don't acknowledge your mistake to begin with, that's a sign of weakness and insecurity.

Reminds me of our other resident, Ach (Crip). Still stuck in his Emery and Ozil delusion.
Last edited by Goonerz on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:26 am

Wtf
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerz » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:39 am

hs6bx wrote:You can’t replace a player who scores so many goals, big goals, and makes it look so f***ing easy. I don’t think some people realise how hard it is to score consistently. We need to keep him at all costs. Pay the man what he wants

This “We need to keep him at all costs. Pay him him what he wants” talk gets me a bit nervous. Brings back bad memories. Heard that talk before.
May be £200,000 - £250,000 a week with adds on? I really hope we keep Auba but we also need to reign in our wage structure. Let’s never pay a single player £300,000 - £350,000 a week for the near future. But at the same time Auba has been a very consistent player (20 goals a season).
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:38 am

Goonerz wrote:
hs6bx wrote:You can’t replace a player who scores so many goals, big goals, and makes it look so f***ing easy. I don’t think some people realise how hard it is to score consistently. We need to keep him at all costs. Pay the man what he wants

This “We need to keep him at all costs. Pay him him what he wants” talk gets me a bit nervous. Brings back bad memories. Heard that talk before.
May be £200,000 - £250,000 a week with adds on? I really hope we keep Auba but we also need to reign in our wage structure. Let’s never pay a single player £300,000 - £350,000 a week for the near future. But at the same time Auba has been a very consistent player (20 goals a season).

Without his goals, we would be in big trouble, pay the man.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Rockape » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:59 am

Nuggets wrote:
Goonerz wrote:

Without his goals, we would be in big trouble, pay the man.

He’s definitely waiting for the right offer to come along for his final payday and the comments about the club needing to invest are just a smokescreen.

Not that I blame him, if I had a couple of years left and in demand, I’d want to max out my earnings, cos it’s got to last a looong time! So he’s seen Rambos £400k per week and wants some of that. Who wouldn’t?

£250k will never be enough for him and we really don’t want to be paying more. He’s got to go at some point anyway.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 am

£250k pw for 3 years would be barely more than what we paid for Welbeck and Perez. They scored a combined total of 17 PL goals across 5 seasons.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club