Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby ag6789 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:05 pm

Any takers at his payrate? I would be very surprised at 32+!
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:10 pm

Club have had no interest - salary is way to high and allegedly he wants a three year deal.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:07 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
ag6789 wrote:He is w/us for next 2yrs, going nowhere. Hope he regains his touch; at least becomes more proactive.

You may have misunderstood. Reports say the club are looking to sell and willing to listen to offers.

His wages and age (and his form), unlikely we'll get any offers to take him.
It was a horrible decision to give him the new contract.
I am not surprised at all if the club have now realised this and are trying to dump him, but too late.
Our hope now is that his reaction to this season spurs him on for a couple of seasons to give us whatever he has left in the tank - and he finds a couple of 20+ goal seasons.
If not, he can still be useful as a sub to come on fresh when needed.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/06/0 ... hocked-by/
Last edited by jayramfootball on Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:14 pm

Keep.

Hopefully he'll regain his form.

Got a lot of credit in the bank as he's been awesome. One bad season shouldn't mean we sell.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:24 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Club have had no interest - salary is way to high and allegedly he wants a three year deal.

WTF are Edu and Arteta playing at? They offered him the deal less than a year ago, and now he's for sale? Good luck getting those golden handcuffs off.

That being said, £12.5m for 2 more years is not that much for a striker, unless we get somebody that can match his goal haul for under £20m. He got 14G 5A in one of our lowest-scoring seasons ever. His situation isn't like Ozil's ....yet.

I still see him contributing more to next season than somebody like Partey, who looks lost in the PL, but is far younger and hopefully more sellable.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:18 pm

aniym wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Club have had no interest - salary is way to high and allegedly he wants a three year deal.

WTF are Edu and Arteta playing at? They offered him the deal less than a year ago, and now he's for sale? Good luck getting those golden handcuffs off.

That being said, £12.5m for 2 more years is not that much for a striker, unless we get somebody that can match his goal haul for under £20m. He got 14G 5A in one of our lowest-scoring seasons ever. His situation isn't like Ozil's ....yet.

I still see him contributing more to next season than somebody like Partey, who looks lost in the PL, but is far younger and hopefully more sellable.

12.5m?
We owe him more like 32m over the next 2 years.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:13 pm

Imagine if we could shift him, what a great window it would be
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:26 am

aniym wrote:WTF are Edu and Arteta playing at? They offered him the deal less than a year ago, and now he's for sale? Good luck getting those golden handcuffs off.

His wages will be 26m over two years .... but it's also the fact he will then have a zero re-sale value.

So 26m plus whatever a new striker costs us .... he will need to score 30+ for the next two years to even come close to being good value.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:36 am

Sell the only world class player we have? Nonsense
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:40 am

Power n Glory wrote:Talk of us listening to offers for Aubameyang. Could be a decent fit at Chelsea.

I'd be surprised if that were actually true.

Also, he's being mismanaged, he should be playing LWF / LF not CF.

I think its ridiculous to think about selling the one guy who usually racks up goals for us.

Question, if Auba and Laca go ........... we know damn well we won't get a decent striker, can't even attract Buendia, so who the hell is going to get us 20 goals a season?

If we put Pepe and Auba up front as a pair LF & RF they'd be dangerous imo, we're so badly managed its unreal.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:19 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Talk of us listening to offers for Aubameyang. Could be a decent fit at Chelsea.

I'd be surprised if that were actually true.

I think its ridiculous to think about selling the one guy who usually racks up goals for us.

Question, if Auba and Laca go ........... we know damn well we won't get a decent striker, can't even attract Buendia, so who the hell is going to get us 20 goals a season?

If we put Pepe and Auba up front as a pair LF & RF they'd be dangerous imo, we're so badly managed its unreal.

True, we have good players that are mismanaged and as a result, we are suffering because of that.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:03 am

DiamondGooner wrote:I'd be surprised if that were actually true.

Kane was managed by a dinosaur who got the sack, and a stand-in manager with just two years junior coaching experience - he won the golden boot and had the most assists - stop making excuses for Auba, last season he was shit and that was 90% on him.

I think its ridiculous to think about selling the one guy who usually racks up goals for us - 10 EPL goals is not racking up anything, remember when Ozil was to good to sell, how did that work out?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:32 am

Kane was never played out wide
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:57 am

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I'd be surprised if that were actually true.

Kane was managed by a dinosaur who got the sack, and a stand-in manager with just two years junior coaching experience - he won the golden boot and had the most assists - stop making excuses for Auba, last season he was shit and that was 90% on him.

I think its ridiculous to think about selling the one guy who usually racks up goals for us - 10 EPL goals is not racking up anything, remember when Ozil was to good to sell, how did that work out?

We just have to hope he reverses the decline.
His goal rate has been slowing down from the 1st season he joined us and fell off a cliff last year.
I am still holding out some hope that it is motivational - and can be addressed - as opposed to age.
If it's the latter, we'll have to use him sparingly. Impact sub.

We're not going to be able to shift him on the wages he's on.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:05 pm

swipe right wrote:Sell the only world class player we have? Nonsense

Unfortunately it seems Laca will be sold, agree it's nonsense though.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club