Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 am

tbf he’s only been here a week or so. He showed glimpses of what is to come getting on the end of those through balls from jack (that first one was on side too).
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Nuggets » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:03 am

Its early days yet, give him time and he will be thinking WTF have I done coming here to play with these deadheads.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby fredd1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:14 am

gooney wrote:
fredd1 wrote:Really poor today.We have to be realistic only his second game he's a top player and needs to settle.Judge him from next season

He will have same problem as laca, the difference is he has the pace to run when played through. but he is playing in a poor team with really poor midfield and zero wide players of quality. Any striker will struggle with that. Sadly our fans are still in denial of how bad we are and I expect people turn on Auba soon and scream for another striker to come in and just be an attack by himself

Totally agree gooney.Auba and Laca are both top strikers but if Wenger can't work out how to get players to create chances for them they're not going to score.

Until Wenger stops this sideways passing from the midfield these 2 strikers haven't a hope
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Mess » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Aubameyang's advantage is his incredible pace. On that alone, he'll probably get into better scoring position than Lacazette (not that Lacazette is poor at that either). He better because I find his overall game to be poorer than Lacazette (Work rate, link up and hold up play, tackling, etc). I guess it doesn't matter that much as we need him to score goals before anything else. He's resolutely staying up top, playing off the defenders shoulders. In theory, this should make the opposition fearful of playing a high line against Arsenal and give more space to the team. I like the qualities that Lacazette brings to the table and feel he would maximize it by being our equivalent of "Giroud to Griezman". I hope Wenger try playing a 4-4-2 with Lacazette and Aubameyang up top at least once. I would love to see this experiment.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:25 pm

He needs to get given the ball more.

People keep saying service, service, service but the best strikers can take the ball and make it happen.

Our issue is we keep the ball and only play into the strikers on the one final ball which if isn't perfectly placed means its just ends up in nothing.

We need to get our strikers more involved in general play.

Henry and RVP never just hanged up front waiting for a perfect pass, they took loads of touches in the build up.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:56 pm

I have a feeling wenger is going to stick him on the wing to accomodate Laca :hiding:
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:I have a feeling wenger is going to stick him on the wing to accomodate Laca :hiding:

Its not going to happen, PEA would not track back enough and Wenger won't play two strikers, he loves his midfielders too much.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:I have a feeling wenger is going to stick him on the wing to accomodate Laca :hiding:

Its not going to happen, PEA would not track back enough and Wenger won't play two strikers, he loves his midfielders too much.

I only say it cos thats what he did when Laca came on vs Spurs
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:21 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah but that was only because we were losing and we needed a goal to register.

He brought Welbeck and Iwobi on as well as those two, he'll never set up that attacking from the start.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DialSquaregooner » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:13 pm

gooney wrote:
fredd1 wrote:Really poor today.We have to be realistic only his second game he's a top player and needs to settle.Judge him from next season

Well people are judging laca on half a season or just over it. PEA looks like he be good for us but his work ethic is lacking from what i have seen so far but i give him the benifit of the doubt as the everton game was won in 20 mins before he added his well offside goal and he had a tough game at wembely against out fiercest rivals. People go on about his movement means f**k all if he can not add something in a north london derby, Vardy has great movement and can finish but we need someone better then that, someone who will produce magic out of nothing to win us a point or all three, Time will tell about PEA. hope i can be proved wrong for the sake of the club
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Interest: waning » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:57 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah but that was only because we were losing and we needed a goal to register.

He brought Welbeck and Iwobi on as well as those two, he'll never set up that attacking from the start.

It's not that attacking. Welbeck's a centre back.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Just realised he can play the cup final

YEEEEES
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:38 am

He needs to turn in an Alexis like performance on Sunday because we have exactly zero goalscorers in our squad.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 am

aniym wrote:He needs to turn in an Alexis like performance on Sunday because we have exactly zero goalscorers in our squad.

Hes going to need to score about 10 with our defence
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:39 am

aniym wrote:He needs to turn in an Alexis like performance on Sunday because we have exactly zero goalscorers in our squad.

Our biggest issue.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club