Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:27 pm

sell before ozil, don't know why he started it was like ox vs liverpool taught us nothing.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Poor outing and poor attitude.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Mahrez and Zaha to replace Alexis and Ozil in January.

I'd like to find a way to keep Ozil but Alexis must go now, its clear his heads not in it anymore and its affecting his form and the team.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:50 pm

elber wrote:With Sanchez summer departure a certainty, he'll obviously need replacing.

Realistic targets:

N. Fekir (Lyon)
J. Draxler (PSG)
M. Reus (BVB)
T. Lemar (Monaco)
R. Mahrez (Leicester)
Y. Carrasco (Atlético)
E. Forsberg (RB Leipzig)
H. Lozano (PSV)
D. Mertens (Napoli)
L. Moura (PSG)

Who would you take?

Mahrez
Draxler
Mertens
Fekir
Lemar
Forsberg
Carrasco
Lucas Moura
Reus ( already in a coma and he will die with our medical team)

Mahrez isn't the best in this list, Mertens is but he's 30 and plays for a better team, Draxler is possible but plays for a better team.

Mahrez for 40-50 mil in january along with anybody else on this list bar Lozano or Reus. I would like Zaha because we are badly missing pace with power in the team in general, we have elbeck but hes shit, Zaha actually has technical ability.

Both Mahrez and Zaha play in the Premier League so should adapt very quickly. If we do well with them we could go all out for one of these guys in the lis or even a Greizmann next year is a plan.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:40 pm

I was one of the people that advocated for Sanchez to be held to his contract.

Now i feel stupid. Should have sold the little creep. Can’t wait for a time when i will be able to relate to Arsenal once again. Can’t relate to this current team. The Cesc era was the last time i related to an Arsenal team.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:06 am

Goonerz wrote:I was one of the people that advocated for Sanchez to be held to his contract.

Now i feel stupid. Should have sold the little creep. Can’t wait for a time when i will be able to relate to Arsenal once again. Can’t relate to this current team. The Cesc era was the last time i related to an Arsenal team.

At least you have the balls to admit you we're wrong .... what did Wonger say "he is obligated by social contract" the feckin' senile old fecker can't even admit when he's wrong .... mind you as that's now most of the time he'd have to eat a lot of crow .....

If we don't get shot of both Alexis and Ozil in January we will have five months of turmoil ... how can Wonger not see that?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:20 am

Holding players against their will is not always a bad thing. See Liverpool with Suarez. They came within two points of winning the league after making that decision and lets not forget Suarez was the top scorer that season. Wenger and company have a world class player at their disposal and instead of making the most out of the situation, they're doing the bare minimum. Its no wonder Sanchez wants out
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:35 am

He just needs to be gone now, his head ain't with us neither is his heart.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:53 am

Hearing he told the linesman that it wasn't offside and then celebrated with Pep
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby BexleyGooner » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:27 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:Hearing he told the linesman that it wasn't offside and then celebrated with Pep

I find that hard to believe tbh. I’m sure more would have been said about that if it happened.

Anyway, I don’t really care any more. I don’t think he’ll do that great at City. We’ve had his best years by far. His explosiveness is starting to go and the decline has started. He’ll be a regular sub at City within a year.
Last edited by BexleyGooner on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goonerz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:33 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Holding players against their will is not always a bad thing. See Liverpool with Suarez. They came within two points of winning the league after making that decision and lets not forget Suarez was the top scorer that season. Wenger and company have a world class player at their disposal and instead of making the most out of the situation, they're doing the bare minimum. Its no wonder Sanchez wants out

For real I couldn’t care less about these Mercenary players anymore. We should get rid of all of them and built a coherent / balanced team. We just seem to have individuals and average players instead of a blended team. Players that are so uncomfortable in possession / technically poor etc. They can’t creat for toffee, can’t defend for fish, can’t press for coffee and can’t score for shyte.
The poorest team under wenger.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:51 am

I just don’t get why people keep tripping over themselves for these two guys if they left. I really don’t know why but i am chilled about it.
With these so called amazing players we are struggling to make the Top 4 / CL 2 seasons in a row, on top of that we are in the worst position as a club in 17 years under wenger. These 2 guys are part to blame alongside old snails Wenger, the average players we have and the whole Arsenal board.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:46 am

Goonerz wrote:I just don’t get why people keep tripping over themselves for these two guys if they left. I really don’t know why but i am chilled about it.
With these so called amazing players we are struggling to make the Top 4 / CL 2 seasons in a row, on top of that we are in the worst position as a club in 17 years under wenger. These 2 guys are part to blame alongside old snails Wenger, the average players we have and the whole Arsenal board.

Our best players to blame?

Was Cesc to blame when he was here? RvP? Henry? ....

The blame lies fairly with the Board and Manager for taking a WC winner in Ozil and a World Class player in Sanchez and surrounding them with bog standard average ... KDB looks good BECAUSE City surround him with 800m of talent .... Ronaldo plays in the most valuable side on the planet .... Messi has had a decade playing in the greatest side of that time ....

If any of these players had been at Arsenal for a decade they'd have been dragged down to the 'Wonger' level ... we haven't improved a quality player in ten years, and most who join us have gone backwards .... that's down to management .... we've struggled to compete for 15 years just look at our CL record ... letting our best players leave is just continuing this cycle .... you may be 'chilled' but if we don't change we will soon be like West Ham a second rate club playing in a lifeless bowl ...

and that's not down to Alexis and Ozil that will be down to Wonger's stubbornness and stupidity ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:54 pm

I think Sanchez is showing how weak of a man wenger really is. Any top manager with any pride would tell him to feck off. Can you imagine Conte accept Sanchez behavior and refusal to sign a contract. Shearer made a good point. You buy a striker for 50 million and bench him of a guy who says he doesnt want to play for you and is walking out on you for free. You can fail as a manager, but fail on your own accord. But he has compromised so much and players and agents see what a weak man he is. I mean begging someone like ox in public is beyond pathetic
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:13 pm

Caught between a rock and a hard place because of the decision to not offload Ozil and Sanchez in the summer. Neither are they putting in consistent performances worthy of their ability nor have they shown any inclination to sign a new deal, the less spoken of their attitude in games the better. We are no small time club to be dictated by anyone. We should have shown decisive and strong decision making by signing in their replacements before offloading them in the summer.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club