Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:34 pm

You know how this is going to go. Manure will drag this out until the last hour of deadline day before agreeing, giving us no time to get the paperwork done for anyone else. And we would have strengthened Maureen while weakening ourselves.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm

NJ_Gunner wrote:What I am saying is the mentality of a team is far more important than just statistics. Alexis has a bad mentality when things aren’t going his way. He complains, argues with teammates, and creates a a cancerous environment. THAT will not be missed. The soon he is out the sooner the mood will change and if we make a signin or two rven if they are less talented, if the attitude is positive and the mood around the team changes, I believe we will see a massive improvement compared to what we’ve seen with Sanchez.

Only at AFC is being determined and competitive branded "a bad mentality".

Maybe some of our crap players need to get a "bad mentality".

Look what's really happened here is that Sanchez coming here from Barca and being promised we'll be competitive has become frustrated with trying to play football with the pure amount of dross players we force him to play with.

Have you ever noticed how he doesn't lose his sh*t with Ozil?

Players like fkin Ramsey and co don't like Sanchez because he dents the Comfy Arsenal bubble these players rely on to not be outed for what they are ...... not good enough!

If you have mediocre talent and don't mind pretending we're all that while being hollow like an Ice cream cone but get paid like an actual star player ......... then Arsenal is for you.

That's what we've become.

Theo and Ox were the epitome of that, look at them now, Ox got thrashed and sidelined back into shape by a competitive manager and Walcott literally said going to Everton is like a wake up call that he needed .......... I mean wtf is Arsene actually doing here!!!

We're in crisis because our manager is more concerned with not spending money and holding on to his reign of power over new comers to our club rather than focusing on being competitive.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:28 pm

While i agree top players demand better performances around them but it does not give them any fecking divine right to throw flailing arms, hissy fits and go in zero feck mode. Wenger is incompetent and useless, one who is dragging this club down but i do not understand the length to which people go to justify anything and everything a player does. So Sanchez is entitled to misplace passes at will, play all for himself and give zero fecks all because players around him aren't up to the level of his talent. Way to go.

Players who actually give a feck for the club are treated with such disdain but players who are wh*ring thmselves to the highest bidders are paraded as saints. Sanchez may be a top player but his attitude this season is not what you call that of a model pro. He has a right to decide what he wants to do next but he has no right to have a condescending attitude towards his fellow players irrespective of how little talent they have. Let us not mince words here, Sanchez could have gone to City or Chelsea if he wanted to or any footballing team if he kept his wage demands to human levels and people have the cheek to preach all he cares about is how good and bright the football is lol.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 pm

This could be his last contract, so of course he's going to want to make it a good one. I can't blame him for that, if some idiot club is willing to pay him that, then I don't blame him.

I'm more worried about the state of football. Cause I don't see us ever being able to compete with those wages (or many teams at all), so where does that put football? It means that wages will go up even further for average players, just like transfers have, and then you'll have even less teams than you have now with any realistic shot at major trophies. They're destroying football and no one seems to care. How boring will it be when only Madrid, City, Utd and PSG will be the only ones playing for the UCL trophy every year.

Football needs more parity, and all this money is doing the exact opposite. Teams world wide need wage caps, otherwise this sport will die, even more than it has already.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:43 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:While i agree top players demand better performances around them but it does not give them any fecking divine right to throw flailing arms, hissy fits and go in zero feck mode. Wenger is incompetent and useless, one who is dragging this club down but i do not understand the length to which people go to justify anything and everything a player does. So Sanchez is entitled to misplace passes at will, play all for himself and give zero fecks all because players around him aren't up to the level of his talent. Way to go.

Players who actually give a feck for the club are treated with such disdain but players who are wh*ring thmselves to the highest bidders are paraded as saints. Sanchez may be a top player but his attitude this season is not what you call that of a model pro. He has a right to decide what he wants to do next but he has no right to have a condescending attitude towards his fellow players irrespective of how little talent they have. Let us not mince words here, Sanchez could have gone to City or Chelsea if he wanted to or any footballing team if he kept his wage demands to human levels and people have the cheek to preach all he cares about is how good and bright the football is lol.

yep 100% bang on
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:47 pm

StLGooner wrote:This could be his last contract, so of course he's going to want to make it a good one. I can't blame him for that, if some idiot club is willing to pay him that, then I don't blame him.

I'm more worried about the state of football. Cause I don't see us ever being able to compete with those wages (or many teams at all), so where does that put football? It means that wages will go up even further for average players, just like transfers have, and then you'll have even less teams than you have now with any realistic shot at major trophies. They're destroying football and no one seems to care. How boring will it be when only Madrid, City, Utd and PSG will be the only ones playing for the UCL trophy every year.

Football needs more parity, and all this money is doing the exact opposite. Teams world wide need wage caps, otherwise this sport will die, even more than it has already.

As long as it's profitable for the elite clubs, they will continue pricing everyone else out.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:55 pm

When he laughed at us getting thrashed that was wrong apart from that i think he was ok, wenger just really badly mismanaged this situation, players are only human, I think a lot of our legends in the last 25 years would have reacted badly.

I think Henry, rvp and wrighty all would have acted like k***s in this situation, their goalscorers they have a selfish side.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:34 pm

PairyGrows wrote:
StLGooner wrote:This could be his last contract, so of course he's going to want to make it a good one. I can't blame him for that, if some idiot club is willing to pay him that, then I don't blame him.

As long as it's profitable for the elite clubs, they will continue pricing everyone else out.

Obviously! :rolleyes:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:47 pm

Sims wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:While i agree top players demand better performances around them but it does not give them any fecking divine right to throw flailing arms, hissy fits and go in zero feck mode. Wenger is incompetent and useless, one who is dragging this club down but i do not understand the length to which people go to justify anything and everything a player does. So Sanchez is entitled to misplace passes at will, play all for himself and give zero fecks all because players around him aren't up to the level of his talent. Way to go.

yep 100% bang on

Henry and RVP were the exact same in terms of being condescending towards inferior players.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby 22-0 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:02 pm

As they should be.

We need less yes-men and more attitude.

Need someone out there screaming at these pussies.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 pm

Henry & RvP were professional on the pitch

Alexis acted like a prick

I reckon we could’ve won the CL last year, been one of the favourites to win it again and he’d still have f***ked off to United for 500k p/w

Mercenary dog noncing c***
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:17 pm

Sims wrote:Henry & RvP were professional on the pitch

Alexis acted like a prick

I reckon we could’ve won the CL last year, been one of the favourites to win it again and he’d still have f***ked off to United for 500k p/w

Mercenary dog noncing c***

RVP made a statement against us whilst under contract, not exactly great behaviour I don't know what happened behind closed doors but from the outside it looked like Sanchez was told he def wasn't leaving in the summer under any circumstance, then wenger after Liverpool game change his mind got Sanchez hopes up only to have f***ked up and left it to late.

I would imagine RVP losing the plot if that had of happened.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Alexis does on the pitch what Wenger should be doing on the sidelines. Its not petulance, its called leadership!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:27 pm

Just needed to circulate a Twitter rumour that they eat dogs and rabbits in Manchester and this wouldn't have happened
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 pm

UFGN wrote:Just needed to circulate a Twitter rumour that they eat dogs and rabbits in Manchester and this wouldn't have happened

Done...
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... og-7911922
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club