Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Sims wrote:Image

Was just about to post this so you beat me to it. I am sad but glad this, saga is finally over.

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:31 pm

I think anyone fancy shooting some labradors to make our feelings on this clear to him?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:37 pm

Devastating.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:09 pm

I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach the first time I saw RVP score for Utd. Getting that same feeling now.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby 22-0 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:12 pm

aniym wrote:I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach the first time I saw RVP score for Utd. Getting that same feeling now.

his first goal for manu was pretty insane.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:39 pm

What's worse is for some reason I think he's going to smash it over at Utd.

Mourhino will love his work rate.

But ....... who cares, he was walking out the door in a few months anyway regardless so if we get Mhkitaryan and PEA we've actually come out on top big time.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 pm

A shame we sold Coq before he could’ve had one final use of snapping Alexis’ leg into pieces
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 pm

I don’t feel any sadness frankly. Sanchez is the ultimate modern footballer. Born in a small town in a far away place. Played in Argentina, Italy, Spain, London and now Manchester. That’s how it is nowadays and we have to accept that. Shame we couldn’t get him to extend but we know where we stand lately with regard to top players. Hope we replace him with Auba and march on. Good luck to him.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:47 am

Arsene Nose wrote:I don’t feel any sadness frankly. Sanchez is the ultimate modern footballer. Born in a small town in a far away place. Played in Argentina, Italy, Spain, London and now Manchester. That’s how it is nowadays and we have to accept that. Shame we couldn’t get him to extend but we know where we stand lately with regard to top players. Hope we replace him with Auba and march on. Good luck to him.

You know what sometimes I wonder and marvel at what some fans are expecting from players these days?

Was Sanchez a born Arsenal fan? did he play here since the academy?

Why do fans expect what are essentially employees to be faithful exactly to their current club? they left clubs before, hence that's how they ended up at Arsenal.

I know your basically alluding to that and accepting it but some of the comments here, jesus.

Its dog eat dog out there guys ........ better accept it, cause that's how the world works.

Also look at the other foot, Mhkitarayn was faithful to Utd (hence the tears) and look how he was cast off without ceremony, works both ways.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:03 am

Best example is Neymar. Makes record breaking move from arguably the best club in the world to money bags PSG and six months later holds out for a move to Real. What chance do we have of getting loyalty in this era? That being said doesn’t let Wenger off the hook for losing another gem.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:06 am

Even if he'd gone to City in the summer, as he should have, we'd have £60 million in the bank, which is enough to buy a quality replacement.

Instead we're:
- Helping Utd offload their deadwood again
- Giving them our best player again
- Giving Mourinho the last laugh, again

and all for a grand total of £0.

We've finished ahead of Utd every season since Fergie left, and that's about to come to a screeching halt. Thanks Wenger!
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:10 am

Dude it’s all out in the open. We tried to replace him with Lemar in summer, it didn’t work. And now we are taking the next best option. Just because Mkhi doesn’t fit Mous system doesn’t mean he’s deadwood. Deadwood is welbeck.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:10 am

Arsenal would be the only club I could possibly have any loyalty to as a pro.

I might have loyalty to a manager if they stood by me through serious injury issues like abou but I def wouldn't be loyal in sanchez position, why would you be?
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:23 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:I don’t feel any sadness frankly. Sanchez is the ultimate modern footballer. Born in a small town in a far away place. Played in Argentina, Italy, Spain, London and now Manchester. That’s how it is nowadays and we have to accept that. Shame we couldn’t get him to extend but we know where we stand lately with regard to top players. Hope we replace him with Auba and march on. Good luck to him.

You know what sometimes I wonder and marvel at what some fans are expecting from players these days?

Was Sanchez a born Arsenal fan? did he play here since the academy?

Why do fans expect what are essentially employees to be faithful exactly to their current club? they left clubs before, hence that's how they ended up at Arsenal.

I know your basically alluding to that and accepting it but some of the comments here, jesus.

Its dog eat dog out there guys ........ better accept it, cause that's how the world works.

Also look at the other foot, Mhkitarayn was faithful to Utd (hence the tears) and look how he was cast off without ceremony, works both ways.

Tbf, some of us followed football when it was still about loyalty to club, fans, country.

Quite a few on here grew up with the famous back 5 and saw them through to their retirement.

Players like le tissier, shearer, bergkamp either staying where theyve always called home, moving back home or making a home at clubs that really meant something to them.

Fast forward to neymar who, if that real talk is true, is the epitomy of a mercenary.

Yaya toure wanting to leave because he didnt get a f***ing cake.

Sky sports and agents have completely killed the game from what it used to be. If you really want to know what real football is, id suggest you to take a weekend out of the top flight and go to the closest non league club from your house.

The football might be shite, but youll probably get to know neighbours who actually give a shit about the team, youll probably lose your voice and you wont be bankrupt afterwards.

The whole crowd might be the same size as your section at the emirates, but youll find that same sort of atmosphere you used to get at highbury but on a smaller scale.

The days of kissing the badge and actually meaning it are dead for 90% of players out there with a few exceptions.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:24 am

Why would you be loyal to Arsenal? The owner wants profits for himself, the manager only indulges himself and the fans are knob ends like DT and Troopz. I wonder why I’m loyal as a fan, let alone a player.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club