Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Zedie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:27 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Zedie wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Dejan wrote:Wtf to united just doesnt make sense to me. I would understand it if he went to city but united? I cant seem to understand why even though united are easily a better team than us.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

If ManU get Alexis—and Ozil in the summer—they will win the Premier League next season. Pep doesn't have Messi for that sort of domination, nor is he managing in BayernLiga.

People said the same last season. Pep is the best manager the world has ever known, and plays football never before seen in this country. The title is his

Please calm down. You lived through the invincible years, you've seen this football before.

We would have dominated English football if we didn't have stadium plans at that point. Our team was easily the best.

But what Pep is doing with a squad that is inferior to United's, Liverpool's, Chelsea's, Spurs' and perhaps even ours is astounding. Man to man, everyone (Except maybe us) have a far better squad than Pep does. He's playing Delph LB ffs. Stones and Ottamendi are the worst starting CB's of any of the top 6 including us. Only one midfielder who knows how to defend at all. Imagine him with actual good players ffs

I can't engage with this. I'm out :rofll:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Dejan wrote:Wtf to united just doesnt make sense to me. I would understand it if he went to city but united? I cant seem to understand why even though united are easily a better team than us.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

If ManU get Alexis—and Ozil in the summer—they will win the Premier League next season. Pep doesn't have Messi for that sort of domination, nor is he managing in BayernLiga.

People said the same last season. Pep is the best manager the world has ever known, and plays football never before seen in this country. The title is his

Oh please.

I was among the select few who predicted Chelsea would win the title last season. I predicted City to win it this season. And, IF United get Ozil AND Alexis, United will win the title next season.

It was Pep's first season, so he lost to Chelsea. He's now adapted. Even now, he has at best the fifth best squad in the league and is romping to the title

See you in five weeks then.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:12 pm

United offering him £500k p/w, £20m signing on fee, £10m agent fee, £30m cash or Mkhitaryan

Absolutely bananas for a signing that doesn’t even put them close to City
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:34 pm

The kind of wages offered to Sanchez by United is something even the likes of Real/Barca wouldn't match.

I understand some people love to make a martyr out of people who leave us but ffs i know we have fecked up, failed to show ambition on and off the field and have an incompetent manager but if anyone tells me one of the biggest deciding factors in this move isn't his wages then i don't know what to say. Chelsea have deep pockets, City do too and when they say they could never match the kind of wages offered by United then you will realize.

We mismanaged this whole thing by not extending his contract a year after his arrival here. I have no problems with him for making unreal wage demands which automatically rule out City who are easily the best footballing side right now in the league, playing some exquisite stuff but, if he comes out and tells the world he moved because of the kind of football united play under Mourinho then he would be the biggest liar around.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Is he trying to personally change the wealth of his home country Chile? Jesus!! If true, Utd are going to make it to where it will just be them, City, and Chelsea being the only ones able to realistically compete anymore. I've been asking for a wage and transfer cap for a while now, but now it may be needed to save football. Seriously!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby fredd1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:The kind of wages offered to Sanchez by United is something even the likes of Real/Barca wouldn't match.

I understand some people love to make a martyr out of people who leave us but ffs i know we have fecked up, failed to show ambition on and off the field and have an incompetent manager but if anyone tells me one of the biggest deciding factors in this move isn't his wages then i don't know what to say. Chelsea have deep pockets, City do too and when they say they could never match the kind of wages offered by United then you will realize.

We mismanaged this whole thing by not extending his contract a year after his arrival here. I have no problems with him for making unreal wage demands which automatically rule out City who are easily the best footballing side right now in the league, playing some exquisite stuff but, if he comes out and tells the world he moved because of the kind of football united play under Mourinho then he would be the biggest liar around.

Second biggest after WENGER
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Angelito » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:40 am

Telegraph reporting that Alexis has agreed a four and half year contract—a total of £180m that includes £27m a year on wages (£565,000 a week) and a fee of £30m to Arsenal. They're just waiting on Micky agreeing to join Arsenal now. As DG stated, that might take years as this is some top-level BREXIT levels of negotiation.

If this deal falls through, Mkhitaryan and Raiola are going to be the most hated men in Manchester. :lol:

That wage though. And he's getting a £20m signing-on fee to boot. :shocked:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:47 am

Great deal for us in the situation, mad wages but united is a massive brand so the board see they have to protect it.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:50 am

Bullshit. £27m/yr is more than what Bale's rumoured wages at Real are. That's Chinese PL level wages. No way would Utd sanction that over 4 years. That's more than the bumper deal Rooney got.

Utd are desperate, but not that desperate.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:04 am

Tbf they got Rooney of the books, they will get zlatan off the books, if they can get mkhy of the books to then they probably don't see it as a big deal.

Also Sanchez market worth is probably 80m, so the actual fee to them is a steal.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Angelito » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:06 am

aniym wrote:Bullshit. £27m/yr is more than what Bale's rumoured wages at Real are. That's Chinese PL level wages. No way would Utd sanction that over 4 years. That's more than the bumper deal Rooney got.

Telegraph is a reliable paper. As it stands, only Messi earns more than Alexis in European football - salary only.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:12 am

aniym wrote:Bullshit. £27m/yr is more than what Bale's rumoured wages at Real are. That's Chinese PL level wages. No way would Utd sanction that over 4 years. That's more than the bumper deal Rooney got.

You miss the point of player 'cost' ..... this is a very cheap deal for Utd

Buy Sanchez 30m .... pay him 27m a year for three years (81m) .... total cost 111m

Buy "world class striker" for 120m and pay them 10m a year for three years (30m) .... total cost 150m

Signing Sanchez gets them a proven EPL striker for an outlay of 111m that's amortized over three years at 37m a year

Signing "World Class Striker" for an outlay of 150m that's amortized over three years at 50m a year .... and that's for a player probably not proven in the EPL ....

So you can see Sanchez is a much cheaper option, over a three year contract it will save Utd 15m a year .....

FYI if we buy Aubameyang for 55m and pay him 11m a year, on a three year amortized contract that will cost us 96m .... that's 32m a year added to our annual cost .... Sanchez leaving saves us only his salary, as his contract has already be fully amortized ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Clarkey T » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:13 am

I wonder how much they paid R-V-P,

Much respect for Manchester City and Pep for refusing to pay him so much, very refreshing to see a club or manager not wanting to upset the balance in his squad by paying huge wages to an incomer,

If Jose wants, Jose gets, the club will pay him the money he wants for sure.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:01 am

.......and they say money is not the factor lol just get on with it and go if your going.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 am

I find it hard to believe they are offering £30m and a player probably worth that again when he has so little time left on his contract.

I reckon its a straight swap which is why its taking so long.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club