Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sanchez (7)

Postby BS221B » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Zedie wrote:
BS221B wrote:Barca is going for Ousmane Dembele and Veratti if they sell Neymar.

Barca is broke. They aren't signing anyone and they aren't selling neymar imo. I doubt he'd want to leave to slum it in ligue 1

Neymar is in Messis shadow atm. If he wants to win Ballon d'Or by carrying his team to CL victory, he has to go. Not the mention that he is 25 yo and not getting any younger.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:15 pm

BS221B wrote:
Zedie wrote:
BS221B wrote:Barca is going for Ousmane Dembele and Veratti if they sell Neymar.

Barca is broke. They aren't signing anyone and they aren't selling neymar imo. I doubt he'd want to leave to slum it in ligue 1

Neymar is in Messis shadow atm. If he wants to win Ballon d'Or by carrying his team to CL victory, he has to go. Not the mention that he is 25 yo and not getting any younger.

Neither is Messi.

It will be Neymar's team soon enough.

Doubt he leaves Barcelona for a choking club like PSG.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby BS221B » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Neymar will be like 29-30 by the time Barca becomes Neymars team lol.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:25 pm

BS221B wrote:
Zedie wrote:

in the shadow of all these wide open looks at goal that messi puts on his plate... he was insanely wasteful last year.

never win ballon d'or imo, anywhere
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BS221B » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:35 pm

Losmeister wrote:
BS221B wrote:
Zedie wrote:

in the shadow of all these wide open looks at goal that messi puts on his plate... he was insanely wasteful last year.

never win ballon d'or imo, anywhere

Banging goals in Ligue1+good CL performance+carrying Brazil at WC = Ballon d'Or.

next year is his best chance to win considering that he has very good performance with NT.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:03 pm

This situation reeks of RVP saga and i would be surprised if it resolved one way or other any time soon.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:This situation reeks of RVP saga and i would be surprised if it resolved one way or other any time soon.

Very possible that Wenger is waiting to buy an (inferior) replacement first, before he sells. In a similar way to buying Giroud before selling RVP. I still believe that Alexis could be staying, not because of trust in Wenger or the board, but because of lack of serious offers, who could be interesting for Alexis financially and trophy wise
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby gooney » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Wenger is just trying to get more money out of city. Lol at people thinking wengers word has any value. He would lie to a dying child if there is a buck in it for him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby knowledge93 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:01 pm

This whole Sanchez situation needs to be resolved soon. It's different to the Van Persie situation for the fans in that we don't need the money and also most fans don't believe in Wenger anymore. It would be suicide to sell him once the season starts cos the hostility from the stands will be too much. Getting a good start to the season and keeping Sanchez is the only way fans will be kept quiet. If either of those two things fail to happen then the knives will be out for Wenger again.

The whole situation is the reason I'm half excited we go Laca but I'm also fearing the worst cos we'll probably lose Sanchez.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby maxgunner » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:26 pm

knowledge93 wrote:This whole Sanchez situation needs to be resolved soon. It's different to the Van Persie situation for the fans in that we don't need the money and also most fans don't believe in Wenger anymore. It would be suicide to sell him once the season starts cos the hostility from the stands will be too much. Getting a good start to the season and keeping Sanchez is the only way fans will be kept quiet. If either of those two things fail to happen then the knives will be out for Wenger again.

The whole situation is the reason I'm half excited we go Laca but I'm also fearing the worst cos we'll probably lose Sanchez.

I agree, for us fans is pretty clear we need to keep him but sadly the board cares only about money not about what's best for the club.

Add to the above the fact that Wenger has said exactly the same before about RvP, Cesc, Nasri, etc.

Finally if his statement was meant to get more money out of City or PSG we're in for disappointment, the longer this takes resolve the less money we can get and other teams prefer to get their business done early to have options. PSG knows Wenger prefers to sell abroad so they could use this to bid below what we could get from City.

Interesting days ahead.
maxgunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:27 pm

I don't usually rate the Guardian but I'll give this article this much ........its pretty much covered and thought about all the scenario's here and ones that even we've missed ........maybe Wenger is not joking when he says "He's not going to be sold".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ene-wenger

Either they sell now for £50m, which is the figure that Sánchez’s suitors could reasonably expect to pay, or they get nothing for him next summer. Yet there are many layers to the situation and one of the most significant concerns Champions League revenue, which Arsenal will miss out on this season, after their fifth-placed Premier League finish, and do not want to miss out on again.

The Champions League is worth roughly £40m per year to the club and, with Sánchez playing alongside the new £53m signing, Alexandre Lacazette, they would be hopeful of making it back into the group phase of the competition. Without him, the probability would drop, increasing the likelihood of a hole in the finances.

Moreover, there is an awareness at Arsenal of how Manchester United, for example, were forced – during their recent seasons outside the Champions League – to pay inflated salaries in order to secure A-list signings. The longer a club spends outside of Europe’s elite competition, the more such hidden costs rise.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:34 pm

So basically would Wenger & co sell Sanchez now just for £50m or let him walk for free next year but all but guaranteeing £40m CL money, raise ticket prices back up and pay lower transfers for stars as we would be offering CL football?

Judging on how much AFC values the CL that article may of hit on something.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Andrew » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:40 pm

We'll sell him. Just not within the PL and definitely not to Man City
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:41 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:The difference between coming 2nd and coming 5th in merit payments is around 6-7 million
The difference between CL and No CL is 12.7 million Euros for group stage, add in about 6-7 million for wins and losses
We get to the Round of 16, add in 6 more million

About 22 million pounds

That's about 30 million

And that's without shirts, advertisements etc

That's how much Sanchez could get us in one year.

Any payment by City should be above this

Can we sacrifice say, 20 million for Sanchez? Easily because that's what 50 million essentially is, Sanchez + what we've bought equals CL, and that would totally fetch us about 30 million just like that.

Any negotiation should start over 60 million or we say, no thanks.

Graun confirms what I said #OnlyRealITK
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:43 pm

Andrew wrote:We'll sell him. Just not within the PL and definitely not to Man City

Yeah cos we never sell our players to Manchester clubs
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club