Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:17 pm

KG3 wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
KG3 wrote:No credible links but he's being linked to Real Madrid, I'd be happy with that they'd probably give us a decent fee and we wouldn't have to see him kill it for one of our rivals on a regular.

Sanchez will be free to go to whichever club he desires in the summer. If I was one of the top clubs and I had a good feeling I was not top of Sanchez's list, I'd be chomping at the bit to get him in January. and if we know we can't get him to extend his contract then we must let him go.

Luckily for us, Sanchez has the ability to get into the starting eleven of any team be it Real Madrid, PSG, or Bayern so it shouldn't be hard to convince these teams to buy him

Well Bayern would hesitate to give Sanchez a £100k wage which is what Walcott is on now let alone the 200K+ he wants now so I'd rule them out and as for PSG don't they have to sell before buying because of FFP rules or something like that?

Shouldn’t be difficult for psg to sell one of their own if that’s the case with them. I’m sure they’ll have many clubs lined up for most of their players

Wrt bayern, that’s their loss. Maybe they should consider changing their wage structure moving forward just like we should as well
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:39 am

He's going to City in the summer .... will get a massive signing on fee and 300k a week .... and he'll probably join the EPL champions and favourites for the EPL and CL 2018/19 ..... why wouldn't he?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:42 am

I don't see how it matters if he goes to City or whomever?

City are already top notch without Sanchez, them having Sanchez just means benching Sane, Debruyne, Sterling or Silva ......... so for me its practically like for like, quality for quality, they can only field so many at once.

We're screwed with or without, unless we play one of our one off wonders.

I think Sanchez going to a Chelsea, Liverpool or Utd is a lot more threatening to us, makes that top 4 trophy further away.

City or one of the top abroad clubs is best scenario for us.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:54 am

Good point DG, I agree. I don't see Sanchez making City "better", they are already too good and with an abundance of world class players.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Alexis to Real is the most sensible course of action.

Sensible doesn't always mean certainty.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Best scenario would be if the deal includes anpther player coming this way. Real isn't about to sell us Asensio, Kroos or Isco, and Bayern wouldn't sell Lewandowski.

PSG however would probably sell us Draxler, who has been regularly benched after Neymar and Mbappe joined.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:59 pm

aniym wrote:Best scenario would be if the deal includes anpther player coming this way. Real isn't about to sell us Asensio, Kroos or Isco, and Bayern wouldn't sell Lewandowski.

PSG however would probably sell us Draxler, who has been regularly benched after Neymar and Mbappe joined.

Alexis won't go to PSG unless he's guaranteed a starting spot. PSG won't be able to make such promises, hence, I feel Real Madrid and Bayern are the likeliest candidates.

If we want Draxler, we'll manage to get him regardless.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby arsenalpan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:00 pm

theHotHead wrote:Good point DG, I agree. I don't see Sanchez making City "better", they are already too good and with an abundance of world class players.

This City is not that good. City is one of the only 2 good teams I have confidence that our team (under proper management) can beat, the other one is Spurs. Reason? very simple. Both teams have lots of good players but not a single one is among top 3 of their kind. They can play some really good team football but the ceiling is there. We have Ozil and Sanchez, who have the talent none of CIty players has.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:02 pm

arsenalpan wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Good point DG, I agree. I don't see Sanchez making City "better", they are already too good and with an abundance of world class players.

This City is not that good. City is one of the only 2 good teams I have confidence that our team (under proper management) can beat, the other one is Spurs. Reason? very simple. Both teams have lots of good players but not a single one is among top 3 of their kind. They can play some really good team football but the ceiling is there. We have Ozil and Sanchez, who have the talent none of CIty players has.

De Bruyne.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby arsenalpan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:16 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
arsenalpan wrote:

De Bruyne.

No, De Bruyne is an overall really good player. But when you specify a position, any position from midfield to front line, he is not among the top 3.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:37 pm

Please stay ffs
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Tex Texas » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:28 pm

That pic above, is the most repulsive picture, i have ever seen.
I wish it to be deleted, or moved away to another thread.

Edit:It shoud be moved to Wenger out thread to get the proper response.
Last edited by Tex Texas on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Independent Finland 1917-2017 100 Years

coyg
Tex Texas
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Tex Texas wrote:That pic above, is the most repulsive picture, i have ever seen.

This pic?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Tex Texas » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:37 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Tex Texas wrote:That pic above, is the most repulsive picture, i have ever seen.

This pic?
Yes, that exactly.
I edited my post and suggested it to be moved to Wenger out thread, for it to get the proper response.
Independent Finland 1917-2017 100 Years

coyg
Tex Texas
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:40 pm

Tex Texas wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

This pic?
Yes, that exactly.
I edited my post and suggested it to be moved to Wenger out thread, for it to get the proper response.

Great idea. Hey, how do you like my new profile pic?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club