Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sanchez (7)

Postby Cripps » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:54 pm

Costa
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Angelito wrote:Is Alexis the prime candidate to win the PFA Player of the Year prize this year?

DB10, Henry (x2), and van Persie have won the award under Wenger. At the same time, DB10, Pires, Henry (x2), and van Persie have won the FWA Player of the Year award (under Wenger).

So?

With absolute ease.

Most goals and assists combined in Europe.

Been on fire this season.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Pudpop » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:02 pm

He's clearly ahead of the pack at the moment, but if he can't maintain or, more likely, we end up finishing 4th, then Costa will get it
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Would be funny if Pogba won it
Last edited by KG3 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Could the love and loyalty of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs inspire him to stay at Arsenal?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/2ea2 ... t_article1

What the f**k did I just read?!?!?!?!?!?!?
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Big17 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Praise Pablo wrote:Could the love and loyalty of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs inspire him to stay at Arsenal?

Loooool banner haters destroyed
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Big17 wrote:
Praise Pablo wrote:Could the love and loyalty of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs inspire him to stay at Arsenal?

Loooool banner haters destroyed

Ffs no way :D
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:17 pm

PIRES IN SANCHEZ ADMISSION

Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez is still unsure about whether he'll stay put, ex-Gunner Robert Pires has claimed.

The Chile international, whose deal expires next summer, has been pivotal this season with 17 goals, but Pires - currently a coach at the Emirates - admits he, too, is waiting anxiously for news of a decision.

"I asked Alexis last week about his renewal. He told me that he didn’t know, that he only wants to play,” Pires was quoted as telling La Tercera. “He doesn’t know what is going to happen, he just wants to play and enjoy it.

"All we want is for Alexis to stay at Arsenal. I hope he re-signs because he is a wonderful player, the engine of the car. I hope he stays forever."

Pires basically confirming what we already suspect that Sanchez is leaving.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Big Poppa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:38 pm

KG3 wrote:

Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez is still unsure about whether he'll stay put, ex-Gunner Robert Pires has claimed.

The Chile international, whose deal expires next summer, has been pivotal this season with 17 goals, but Pires - currently a coach at the Emirates - admits he, too, is waiting anxiously for news of a decision.

"I asked Alexis last week about his renewal. He told me that he didn’t know, that he only wants to play,” Pires was quoted as telling La Tercera. “He doesn’t know what is going to happen, he just wants to play and enjoy it.

"All we want is for Alexis to stay at Arsenal. I hope he re-signs because he is a wonderful player, the engine of the car. I hope he stays forever."

:rofll:

How does that even make sense? Sanchez said he doesn't know what will happen and at the same time Pires confirmed he is leaving? What if he doesn't know?

You know those moments where your girl asks that dreaded question "what are you thinking" then you say "I don't know" and then she probes again cos she takes that to mean something's wrong. Sometimes, I really am not thinking about anything at all. Women find that hard to understand. Men shouldn't.

You know what, sometimes people just don't know. He probably doesn't want to think about it until the end of the season when he's had a break from about 18 months of continuous football.

The only thing we MUST do as a club, in a situation like this, is go hell for leather on Griezmann or Aubameyang NOW.
Big Poppa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Big Poppa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:40 pm

On a another note - it really irks me when Wenger says "18 months is a long time in football". If there's any statement to show how outdated he is in the current competitive climate, it is this.
Big Poppa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby KG3 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:05 pm

Big Poppa wrote:
KG3 wrote:

:rofll:

How does that even make sense? Sanchez said he doesn't know what will happen and at the same time Pires confirmed he is leaving? What if he doesn't know?

You know those moments where your girl asks that dreaded question "what are you thinking" then you say "I don't know" and then she probes again cos she takes that to mean something's wrong. Sometimes, I really am not thinking about anything at all. Women find that hard to understand. Men shouldn't.

You know what, sometimes people just don't know. He probably doesn't want to think about it until the end of the season when he's had a break from about 18 months of continuous football.

The only thing we MUST do as a club, in a situation like this, is go hell for leather on Griezmann or Aubameyang NOW.

No sorry i haven't been in a relationship can't relate
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Alexis » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:55 am

take the dogs hostage until he signs da ting
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby maxgunner » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:08 pm

We need to keep this guy, how the fvck is Wenger not willing to pay what he deserves? :BangHead:
maxgunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Angelito » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:26 pm

Just pay £250k to both Ozil and Alexis. We're the 7th richest club in the world. Can't be that bad.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Don't think we should pay people way more than they deserve, Sanchez deserves everything though
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club