Petr Cech

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Petr Cech (33)

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:39 pm

needs looking at... chelsea and manu dont get penalties called against them as often...

cos, ya know, when THEY make contact in the box but it is NOT, a foul is a foul..

how many have they taken, have we taken... i wonder
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:34 pm

We concede a baffling amount of penalties, Monreal and Kos have been the main culprits for years now. Naive 1 on 1 defending there.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:06 pm

We need to buy a keeper this window. Failing that, START OSPINA!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:08 pm

Been thinking we should start Ospina for a few weeks as well, he's shit too but at least he's mobile.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Another player going through the motions....sadly
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby ESR10 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:54 pm

He should retire at the end of the season
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:57 pm

Been saying living on his past reputation than on current performances. Should have been replaced as No 1 at the start of last season
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Play Lehamnn.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Cech is turning out to be like a Almunia mark 2
Nuggets

Postby 22-0 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:41 pm

i dont blame cech... hes ancient by now.

ye ye i know gks can last tils theirs 40s but we should of had a future plan ready by now.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NJ_Gunner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Should have never sold szczesny
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby HolyCow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Cech's age is showing and has been for a while now. He consistently does well handling crosses, very rarely spills a shot back into a dangerous area, and is always well positioned. But he's just too sluggish now and can no longer make any semi-difficult saves. His ability to react and dive to make a tough save is all but gone.

Mesüt wrote:Been thinking we should start Ospina for a few weeks as well, he's shit too but at least he's mobile.

Uhhh, no he isn't. Ospina is quality and should start. In his few starts this season he's made loads of excellent reaction saves to bail out our porous defense. He even played well and made several very good saves in the 2-4 loss to Nottingham Forrest (no goalkeeper in the world could have kept us in the game with such a shit team "defending" ahead of him).

The only reason he's not more highly rated is his height - Cech is 6'5" and Ospina is only 6'0". Midtable teams (...not including us...) love playing aerial balls into the penalty area since they know our defenders can't cope so it's ideal to have a tall goalkeeper. However, nowadays Cech only catches crosses that are played far too close to the goal anyways, aka he doesn't scramble out to catch/punch the ball clear (he's no Jens Lehmann).
Ospina is a much more capable goalkeeper than Cech in every respect now, height being the exception. Also, Ospina seems quite good with the ball at his feet and is an accurate passer whereas with Cech I shit my pants every time he receives a back pass.

NJ_Gunner wrote:Should have never sold szczesny

Ehhhhh, Szczesny is decent, nothing more. He's only doing better now because he's playing in Italy with the most organized defensive units in the world playing in front of him.

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Play Lehamnn.

I love Lehmann so much and couldn't be happier that he's an assistant coach now. Hopefully as he settles into the job he'll inject some passion and fight into this defeatist team.
HolyCow
Patrick Vieira

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:08 pm

HolyCow wrote:Cech's age is showing and has been for a while now. He consistently does well handling crosses, very rarely spills a shot back into a dangerous area, and is always well positioned. But he's just too sluggish now and can no longer make any semi-difficult saves. His ability to react and dive to make a tough save is all but gone.

Mesüt wrote:Been thinking we should start Ospina for a few weeks as well, he's shit too but at least he's mobile.

Uhhh, no he isn't. Ospina is quality and should start. In his few starts this season he's made loads of excellent reaction saves to bail out our porous defense. He even played well and made several very good saves in the 2-4 loss to Nottingham Forrest (no goalkeeper in the world could have kept us in the game with such a shit team "defending" ahead of him).

The only reason he's not more highly rated is his height - Cech is 6'5" and Ospina is only 6'0". Midtable teams (...not including us...) love playing aerial balls into the penalty area since they know our defenders can't cope so it's ideal to have a tall goalkeeper. However, nowadays Cech only catches crosses that are played far too close to the goal anyways, aka he doesn't scramble out to catch/punch the ball clear (he's no Jens Lehmann).
Ospina is a much more capable goalkeeper than Cech in every respect now, height being the exception. Also, Ospina seems quite good with the ball at his feet and is an accurate passer whereas with Cech I shit my pants every time he receives a back pass.

NJ_Gunner wrote:Should have never sold szczesny

Ehhhhh, Szczesny is decent, nothing more. He's only doing better now because he's playing in Italy with the most organized defensive units in the world playing in front of him.

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Play Lehamnn.

I love Lehmann so much and couldn't be happier that he's an assistant coach now. Hopefully as he settles into the job he'll inject some passion and fight into this defeatist team.

SOMEONE I AGREE WITH 100%! EVERY WORD IS SO TRUE!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:14 pm

For what it's worth...Getafe are close to selling Guaita to Palace. Which means Martinez may get a good run in goal on loan. I expect him to succeed ospina in summer if he shows promise.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:22 am

Keepers since Lehamnn -

Almunia
Fabianski
Martinez
Mannone
Szczesny (one good season)
Ospina