Alisher Usmanov

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

I want Alisher Usmanov to...

Become major shareholder of Arsenal football club
61%
Get his place on the board
28%
Neither
11%

Total votes : 71

Re: Usmanov Ready to Take Control of Arsenal

Postby ESFSAFC » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Qalib88 wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Qalib88 wrote:You know what most pisses me off with Kroenke ? The guy isn't ambitious I just had a look on NBA and NFL owners most of them have no where near the money he has.

San Antonio Spurs for instance have won 4 Championship's from 2003 to 2014 with an owner who has a net worth of 200 million dollar only.
Same goes for the NFL Pittsburgh Steelers are the most successful team there owner's the Rooney family come no where near close to him money wise,

Kroenke is one of those people who has all the money in the world and is old and yet still only cares about making more money.

Sickening really. Imagine a life where money is the be all and end all

If you win major trophies you get more fans meaning more money and better sponsorship deals doesn't he get that? That's how United , Barca and Madrid became the richest clubs.

He's an American business man so he see's it from how NBA and NFL teams become more profitable aka move the team to a new city.

Arsenal in Paris 2k19!!!!
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gunpowder » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:58 pm

Peter Holt has more passion but Kroenke is basicly doing what Holt does with Spurs. Stay out and leave the team to people in charge. Problems are Gazidis and Wenger are nowhere good compared to RC Buford and Pop, who is probably the best coach ever, and we didn't have a top 10 all time player for better part of 2 decades. I dislike Kroenke but I doubt he's the one who holds Wenger back.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Qalib88 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:21 pm

Gunpowder wrote:Peter Holt has more passion but Kroenke is basicly doing what Holt does with Spurs. Stay out and leave the team to people in charge. Problems are Gazidis and Wenger are nowhere good compared to RC Buford and Pop, who is probably the best coach ever, and we didn't have a top 10 all time player for better part of 2 decades. I dislike Kroenke but I doubt he's the one who holds Wenger back.

True the combination of RC Buford and Pop reminds me a lot of Dein and Wenger in the early years. What we need is more football minded people on the board e.g. Liam Brady that takes some of the decisions away from Arsene not rich owners the club makes enough money to compete with the elites.
Qalib88
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Goonerz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:37 am

Pudpop wrote:
Qalib88 wrote:You know what most pisses me off with Kroenke ? The guy isn't ambitious I just had a look on NBA and NFL owners most of them have no where near the money he has.

San Antonio Spurs for instance have won 4 Championship's from 2003 to 2014 with an owner who has a net worth of 200 million dollar only.
Same goes for the NFL Pittsburgh Steelers are the most successful team there owner's the Rooney family come no where near close to him money wise,

Kroenke is one of those people who has all the money in the world and is old and yet still only cares about making more money.

He must have some Jewish blood in there. They love to make money to death.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 am

:doh:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:51 am

Goonerz wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

Hi Dave Wheelan, or are you Mario Ballotelli? ;)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:02 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

Hi Dave Wheelan, or are you Mario Ballotelli? ;)

Do i only have to choose between those 2 options? Thats not fair. :crybaby:

Lol
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:40 pm

Qalib88 wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

If you win major trophies you get more fans meaning more money and better sponsorship deals doesn't he get that? That's how United , Barca and Madrid became the richest clubs.

not quite mate. barca and real got there through state patronage, the trophies and fans followed. united got there through a leveraged buyout.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Big17 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:49 pm

Ffs! :BangHead:

Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:56 pm

We just spent 30m can't complain about kroenke atm
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby yadunoe » Thu May 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:We just spent 30m can't complain about kroenke atm

We need to spend at least 90 m more
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Thu May 26, 2016 7:06 pm

agree that the major problem is AW, the board have trusted AW with too much of the club affairs he see himself as the financial advisor of the club, I have no doubts AW sold the concept of selling his best players when we moved grounds and his decision making from then on has only gotten worse, I think Kronke is only just beginning to learn about the pashion of football and its fan base in the UK and he will be getting pressure with the bad publicity that goes with his on fans fighting in the street as will AW and so the f***ing should, Sadly AW has only gone to the market this time because the fans out cry just as he did to buy Ozil. Say nothing and get nothing for all fans that say to get behind AW expect nothing because that's how the man op[erates
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby 22-0 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:14 pm

every mid table club in england spends 30m or so these days. :dontknow:
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Pudpop » Fri May 27, 2016 5:55 am

Also, that 30m translates into 15m when you take into account we spent f**k all last season
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Fri May 27, 2016 11:42 am

Kroenke wouldn't restrict our finances but he wouldn't pump any in either

The problem with Kroenke is his inability to put pressure on the manager and the fact he doesn't seem to care much about the fans or the club in general
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to World Football