The definitive deadwood thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

The definitive deadwood thread

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Welcome to the definitive deadwood thread where you are free to suggest names of the players you think are of no use to our squad and reasons for the same. The time has come where we have to take a long hard look at our squad and make room for the wages of quality players.

I will start.

Emperor Squillaci: He would put even a GPS to shame with his positional sense.

King Santos: He is so lazy i am afraid that a tree might just grow over his head when he is in his hibernation.

Gladiator Chamakh: He is uselessness personified.

The newest entrant: MISS Master Gervinho: He has the unique talent of missing a tap in an eight year can get to the end off. He has this unique trait where he feels he has to beat a player 4 times before passing it to the next player. He cannot the shoot the broad side of a barn and his end product is the worst among all the wingers in the premier league in my opinion.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Re: The definitive deadwood thread

Postby TheArsenalPost » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Should be sold:

Squillaci
Chamakh
Park
Djourou
Bendtner
Denilson
Gervinho
Diaby (Unless he can stay fit)
Arshvin (Unless Wenger will actually play him!)

What a waste of money.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm adding rosicky:

Chocolate footed nymph with a lot of talent but is on the edge of hospitalisation with every forward run he makes

Diaby: AF, how the hell could you miss him off the list? Hang your head in shame lol. Another chocolate foot, why this guy is still registered at arsenal is beyond me. A straight cut case of loyalty turning into charity.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby JohnGooner » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Everyone who's not helping us in the slightest bit is a deadwood. In otherwords, we have: Szczesny, Mannone, Fabianski, Sagna, Jenkinson, Per, Vermaelen, Kos, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Walcott, OX, Poldi and Giroud are all alright. Diaby, Rosicky, Santos, djourou, Squillaci, Chamakh, Arshavin, Park, Bendtner, Frimpong and Denilson are all either shit, past it or spend more time wearing a protected boot than they do a footbal boot. Jury is still out on Campbell and Ryo.
Adler
Matthews Per Vermaelen Gibbs
Bender Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla El Shaarawy
Poldi

Szczesny, Papadopoulos, Gibbs, Arteta, Bruma, OX, Giroud
JohnGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TheArsenalPost » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Zedie wrote:I'm adding rosicky:

Chocolate footed nymph with a lot of talent but is on the edge of hospitalisation with every forward run he makes

Diaby: AF, how the hell could you miss him off the list? Hang your head in shame lol. Another chocolate foot, why this guy is still registered at arsenal is beyond me. A straight cut case of loyalty turning into charity.

:O
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm

JohnGooner wrote:Everyone who's not helping us in the slightest bit is a deadwood. In otherwords, we have: Szczesny, Mannone, Fabianski, Sagna, Jenkinson, Per, Vermaelen, Kos, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Walcott, OX, Poldi and Giroud are all alright. Diaby, Rosicky, Santos, djourou, Squillaci, Chamakh, Arshavin, Park, Bendtner, Frimpong and Denilson are all either shit, past it or spend more time wearing a protected boot than they do a footbal boot. Jury is still out on Campbell and Ryo.

Frimpong is under 21 so doesn't have to be registered. He is more a player for the future, so all he does it take up wages which are set aside for youth players anyway.

TheArsenalPost wrote:

:grin:
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Zedie he is on top of my list but you know whenever somebody mentions Diaby an ugly debate sparks off. Hence i skipped his name. Personally for me he is a lost cos not cos of his ability but his inability to stay fit.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Lee71*98*02 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Rosicky?! you have to be joking?! He's one of the only players who has seemed to be working his ass off the last few games. Like a Wilshere or Benayoun last season. We should hold onto him as back up and not guys like Ramsey.

Arshavin should be kept and used when Gervinho would usually be played.

Santos. Make Meade number 2 left back.
Gervinho
Squillaci PLEASE!
Chamakh
Ramsey

Denilson, Bendtner & Park are already half out the door. Just give them that final kick.
Lee71*98*02
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:59 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:

Chocolate comes in many different colours you muppet!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Lee71*98*02 wrote:

Rosicky?! you have to be joking?! He's one of the only players who has seemed to be working his ass off the last few games. Like a Wilshere or Benayoun last season. We should hold onto him as back up and not guys like Ramsey.

Gervinho
Squillaci PLEASE!
Chamakh
Ramsey

Denilson, Bendtner & Park are already half out the door. Just give them that final kick.

One question regarding rosicky: could you depend on him for 1 season? No?

Deadwood.

He's so deadwood, part of his right leg has been carved into a bench that he can sit on in the treatment centre waiting room.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Zedie wrote:
Lee71*98*02 wrote:

Gervinho
Squillaci PLEASE!
Chamakh
Ramsey

Deadwood.

He's so deadwood, part of his right leg has been carved into a bench that he can sit on in the treatment centre waiting room.

And yet, he's still easily the 3rd best midfielder on the squad. Even he only played 10 games it would be worth it on this team.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Lee71*98*02 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Zedie wrote:
Lee71*98*02 wrote:

Gervinho
Squillaci PLEASE!
Chamakh
Ramsey

Deadwood.

I dunno i'd get rid of someone because they 'might' get injured.... He might have a good run injury free now (look at RVP) you could have said the same about Jack Wilshere last season. We dont know we can depend on him for one season?
He isnt a nailed on starter that we will need every week so he's worth having in the squad. Even if its just for his passion and work ethic. Those are reasons i wanted us to sign Benayoun.
Lee71*98*02
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Hypergooner » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:25 pm

We need to ship out:
Chamakh
Park
Denilson
Squilachi
Fabianski
Djourou
Santos
Bendtner
Arshavin

Get Diaby on a pay as you play

Get in:
Tiote/luiz Gustavo
Wanyama
Cavanni/Remi/Huntelaar/Falcoa/Dezko/Benzima
Zaha
Bains/Aly Cissokho/Balzaretti
Ben Arfa/Nani/
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Chuck Ramsey in there
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Hypogooner wrote:We need to ship out:
Chamakh
Park
Denilson
Squilachi
Fabianski
Djourou
Santos
Bendtner
Arshavin

Get Diaby on a pay as you playGet in:
Tiote/luiz Gustavo
Wanyama
Cavanni/Remi/Huntelaar/Falcoa/Dezko/Benzima
Zaha
Bains/Aly Cissokho/Balzaretti
Ben Arfa/Nani/

that would be a free then yes? no payment due there....
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk