Granit Xhaka (34)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby coolaa » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:25 am

Xhaka is too slow, and his decision in putting in tackles is as reckless as mustafi. If Cabellos will be our CM this season, i would rather play the energetic Willock, or Chambers and holding as DM who give physical presence., these latter two are not bad on the ball if you want someone to play simple and add steel in midfield
coolaa
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:14 am

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Emeryates » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:57 pm

Not a high bar, but probably our best midfielder today
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 5:29 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Zanatos3 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:47 am

Emeryates wrote:Not a high bar, but probably our best midfielder today


Best at what...Spectating? :tumbleweed:

Honestly That was the directive from the manager though!...NO ONE Made a tackle to Win back the ball..win back possession, to start a Counter attack...
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:49 am

Was he captain?
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11416
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby SuperTurrek » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:24 am

When Holding is fit, move Luiz up a spot and ditch Xhaka.

Put Torreira next to him with Dani Cabellos in front of them.

Finish it off with Aubameyang and Lacazette and if you want to go 4-4-2 you can play Ozil and if you want to play 4-3-3 (which I would encourage) then I'd opt for Pepe down the wing with Aubemeyang on the other side.

When everyone is fit.. That pace:

Leno; Tierney, Sokratis, Holding, Bellerin; Luiz, Torreira, Dani Cabellos; Aubeyemang, Lacazette & Pepe.

As my 7 subs I'd pick: Martinez; Monreal; Guendouzi, Willock, Ozil; Nelson & Martinelli.

With Monreal you got both the left back and center back position covered. Plus you can always drop Luiz a line and bring a midfielder in like Guendouzi or Willock in his place. The rest is in my opinion obvious, it's the people I'd rotate the squad with. The players I like but are just a little notch below the first 11.

Oh how one can dream..
#MeToo
User avatar
SuperTurrek
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:59 am

I can't understand the logic of dropping Guendouzi or Xhaka for Luiz in the midfield. He's a great passer of the ball but he doesn't need to be in defensive midfield for those qualities to show, and I'd rather see an actual midfielder play there than a defender.
User avatar
Callum
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 34473
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:22 am

Xhaka is just an accident waiting to happen, he seems clueless on times yes he makes one of two good passes but he really is poor.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 15554
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby coolaa » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:01 pm

SuperTurrek wrote:When Holding is fit, move Luiz up a spot and ditch Xhaka.

Put Torreira next to him with Dani Cabellos in front of them.

Finish it off with Aubameyang and Lacazette and if you want to go 4-4-2 you can play Ozil and if you want to play 4-3-3 (which I would encourage) then I'd opt for Pepe down the wing with Aubemeyang on the other side.

When everyone is fit.. That pace:

Leno; Tierney, Sokratis, Holding, Bellerin; Luiz, Torreira, Dani Cabellos; Aubeyemang, Lacazette & Pepe.

As my 7 subs I'd pick: Martinez; Monreal; Guendouzi, Willock, Ozil; Nelson & Martinelli.

With Monreal you got both the left back and center back position covered. Plus you can always drop Luiz a line and bring a midfielder in like Guendouzi or Willock in his place. The rest is in my opinion obvious, it's the people I'd rotate the squad with. The players I like but are just a little notch below the first 11.

Oh how one can dream..


I agree that would be our strongest lineup
coolaa
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:14 am

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:08 pm

No, you don't buy a CB when we desperately need one only to play him out of position in the midfield. Madness!!

Not that Emery would ever do this anyway, he ain't going to displace his lover Xhaka...……………………….although on second thought he does make mind boggling decisions so who knows.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 34793
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby gooney » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:17 pm

I hope he gets injured. Only way he will be dropped. Utter trash player
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14734
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby coach8smallball » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:08 pm

gooney wrote:I hope he gets injured. Only way he will be dropped. Utter trash player


don't agree with the opening, but surely agree with the closing
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:20 am
Location: hampton, va.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Worst player of all time
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11416
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:27 pm

Has to go. Still stunned that at the request of Unai we turned down £35m from Inter.
Image
User avatar
alexafc12
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7536
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Roycck » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:28 pm

Absolute nightmare game against Spurs.
Roycck
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Zenith » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:30 pm

Rather hand his minutes to Willock who even might make as many mistakes but at least you know it'll be down to inexperience rather than recurring behavioral and disciplinary problems.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 30780
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zenith and 8 guests