Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Ach » Thu May 27, 2021 10:13 pm

Former Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho wants to make Arsenal's Switzerland midfielder Granit Xhaka, 28, his first signing at Roma. (Sky Italy, via Metro)

Arsenal would want around £21.5m for Xhaka - but Roma are hoping to pay closer to £10m. (Sky Sports)

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Fri May 28, 2021 6:56 am

Taxi for Granit
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 28, 2021 7:11 am

Tony Adams wrote:
aniym wrote:We already have a Xhaka replacement: Partey.

What we need is a Cazorla style DLP to accompany Partey in the middle.
Nope. We have a Vierira replacement: Partey.

What we need is a Petit/Gilberto style DM to accompany Partey in the middle.

Exactly this. Partey is far more than a holding midfielder, he is a box to box midfielder who gets all over the pitch and can do many things at a high level.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 28, 2021 7:15 am

Please explain how he has been one of our best players, seriously, tell me what he has done that makes you suggest he has even been good, let alone one of our best players.

I have no axe to grind with Xhaka, I couldn't care less that he threw his shirt, I actually like his attitude on the pitch, I have no problem with it at all. My concern is with the continual acceptance of a lowering of standards. I cannot see what Xhaka brings to the table in a footballing context that makes people see "good fotballer" when he plays for Arsenal :dontknow:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Fri May 28, 2021 4:45 pm

if jose takes this clown off us i will take back every word i ever said about mourinho

come on jose you know you want to :pray:
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby yadunoe » Fri May 28, 2021 9:58 pm

theHotHead wrote:Please explain how he has been one of our best players, seriously, tell me what he has done that makes you suggest he has even been good, let alone one of our best players.

I have no axe to grind with Xhaka, I couldn't care less that he threw his shirt, I actually like his attitude on the pitch, I have no problem with it at all. My concern is with the continual acceptance of a lowering of standards. I cannot see what Xhaka brings to the table in a footballing context that makes people see "good fotballer" when he plays for Arsenal :dontknow:

Hes ultimately not good enough but by far he isn't the first player that should go if we get 30m I'd sell him but 20 is too low for me we should get rid of a few guys before xhaka
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Fri May 28, 2021 10:33 pm

If we lose this guy for less than 20 mil this club should fold.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Paddy » Fri May 28, 2021 11:10 pm

yadunoe wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Please explain how he has been one of our best players, seriously, tell me what he has done that makes you suggest he has even been good, let alone one of our best players.

Hes ultimately not good enough but by far he isn't the first player that should go if we get 30m I'd sell him but 20 is too low for me we should get rid of a few guys before xhaka

He'd be the first id sell.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 28, 2021 11:25 pm

If anyone offers us 20m we bite their hands off. Quickly.
Really, a mars bar and packet of crisps would be enough.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby KG3 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:53 am

theHotHead wrote:Look, as a CM myself, I can tell you, if you cannot dominate in the position you are not a good CM. Its that simple. You have to be able to dominate your opposing CMs, you have to win that battle otherwise your team inevitably loses control of the game. Has anyone ever seen Xhaka dominate anyone or any midfield ? Nope.

He is not a good CM, he is an accessory CM, others do the dominating and he deals with the scraps. He is offensively mediocre, defensively mediocre, cannot run with the ball/bring the ball out, he cannot dribble, has an "ok" range of passing, has slow speed of thought and movement, has an excellent long range shot.

How can anyone tell me Xhaka is a good player ? He is 2 bob.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat May 29, 2021 10:48 am

Must ......go.......

He's turned into the new Giroud, this undroppable guy who's either got bribery pics on our managers in the showers or something, other than that I can't understand why Arteta and Emery were so fond of him.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Sat May 29, 2021 10:50 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Must ......go.......

He's turned into the new Giroud, this undroppable guy who's either got bribery pics on our managers in the showers or something, other than that I can't understand why Arteta and Emery were so fond of him.

shows how far our standards have fallen when fans see xhaka as a good player

we used to have vieira, petit, gilberto in the middle ffs.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 29, 2021 11:15 am

yadunoe wrote:

Out of interest who would be the first player you get rid of?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat May 29, 2021 2:50 pm

He’s far better for us than Giroud ever was but still put 20m on the table and I’d take it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 29, 2021 2:57 pm

I actually like Xhaka but anything upwards of 15m and I'd take the money!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football