Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Angelito wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Santi wrote:He’s quite simply not sorry for anything he did and therefore doesn’t love the club or want to play for us as much as he claims.

So honestly, he can f**k off and never play again. Goodbye.

Not his fault that he was made captain despite negative fan feeling.

Nor his fault that he was the 1st name on the team sheet.

I know it's our Mesut's fault for picking him every week, or Ozil's fault for backing the tactical genius.. Oh wait.

Why do you feel the need to bring Ozil into everything? It's almost like an obsession with you. Time to move on now surely.

It is an obsession. :dontknow:

I think so, time to let go and move onto pastures green.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby themessiah » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:40 pm

gut feeling he is going to start tomorrow
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby NovaGB » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:51 pm

i kinda hope he gets booed again and storms off the pitch, even though its not nice, it will get the heap of shit out of our club, his contract will probs be cancelled if he did.

Knowing fans in general, if they are asked to be nice they tend to do the opposite, so fingers crossed.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:02 pm

NovaGB wrote:i kinda hope he gets booed again and storms off the pitch, even though its not nice, it will get the heap of shit out of our club, his contract will probs be cancelled if he did.

Knowing fans in general, if they are asked to be nice they tend to do the opposite, so fingers crossed.

I think half the issue and why the fans are rubbed the wrong way about this, isn't just because of what he done, its because we can actively see that fkin idiot Emery stubbornly trying to re-insert Xhaka into the team against our wishes and we know that if we're silent on the issue Emery will slip him back into the starting line up like nothings happened.

............. and the fans don't want that, we never wanted him to start in the first place.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:09 pm

Sims wrote:If he plays in a home fixture again before January when he leaves Emery is even thicker than I thought he was

This.

It could get really ugly with a bad result or something, the fans have had enough, I know I have.

Its not just Xhaka, its our fkin stupid arse managers, we had enough of Wenger's stubborness and got him out, where Emery who is on a life line for his job gets off thinking he should bring back the man that split the team against the fans while his manager was in a crisis ..................

What sort of thick c*** manager does that?

Does he even comprehend that if the fans lose it with Xhaka we'll be a media circus all over again.

Emery either doesn't want or is to thick to have this job.

Klopp would of banned Xhaka from the car park let alone the starting line up ............ and that would be just for his lacks performances, fouls and penalties given, forget the meltdown against your own club & fans.

Letting sh*t like this slide is why we're in a mess, yes the fans are up in arms, and we'll stay that way until they get a manager worthy of this club because without that, we're going nowhere.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:48 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
NovaGB wrote:i kinda hope he gets booed again and storms off the pitch, even though its not nice, it will get the heap of shit out of our club, his contract will probs be cancelled if he did.

I think half the issue and why the fans are rubbed the wrong way about this, isn't just because of what he done, its because we can actively see that fkin idiot Emery stubbornly trying to re-insert Xhaka into the team against our wishes and we know that if we're silent on the issue Emery will slip him back into the starting line up like nothings happened.

............. and the fans don't want that, we never wanted him to start in the first place.

The only fans i have ever seen that like him are clueless African fans on facebook who have never seen him play, everyone else hates him going back to when we signed him.

So whatever it takes, get him out.

I think the only reason he plays is because hes one of the few players we have with any leadership skills.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:36 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:It's about being classy and respectful. Not hard to understand. I think he's fully aware that nobody likes him now. No need to keep being classless. Its not his fault he sucks and keeps getting put in the line up.

It is hard to understand as it has nothing to do with class. You think he's fully aware, if he was he wouldn't step onto the pitch and just tell Emery he doesn't want to play. If he does play clearly he thinks it's not over for him unless he wants it to be.

It is his fault, the lack of effort from him is totally his fault, as is the reaction he had and his words on social media, clearly Xhaka thinks he's something special, there's no sign of any humility, but why would there be he gets his big pay day every week, got a nice new contract not so long ago on more money, got made captain, I'm surprised he can still fit through the doors of the Emirates, he must think he's better than Vieira!

That part makes zero sense, and has nothing to do with him knowing how we feel. He’s had death threats against him for simply playing bad. Do you think that is ok too? And you still think he doesn’t know how the fans feel about him? That’s bananas!! It has everything to do with class. How do you think it looks to our other players, or to potential new players when a fan base openly boos their own players for nothing? Remember we booed him before he had his tantrum. He wasn’t the one putting himself in the lineup every game. We are a club near turmoil right now, and you want us to act even more classless to a player that everyone says they want gone and don’t care about. I know booing doesn’t physically hurt anyone, but you gotta know when to be the bigger person. The fans did their part already, booing him more won’t solve anything, as we don’t control when a player stays or goes.

No we didn’t.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:42 pm

Biggest winner last few weeks. The longer he doesn’t play, the more he is recovering his reputation. The team is worse without him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:16 pm

No wonder he was voted captain. When he's on the pitch he takes all the heat and the other players get to escape scrutiny for how utterly shit they are
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:35 pm

gooney wrote:Biggest winner last few weeks. The longer he doesn’t play, the more he is recovering his reputation. The team is worse without him

The team is worse without a defensive midfielder.

It's just a pity he's the only one we have.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Welcome to the real world peeps all over the planet putting shifts somewhere they would not rather be.
GRANIT you not that f***ing special get on with it.
A statement the whole club could do with hearing
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:19 am

Bale: I've learned to deal with Bernabeu whistles, I just shrug it off now

Gareth Bale has admitted that he's learned to deal with the whistles he receives from Real Madrid fans at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.

The forward was given a hostile reception upon returning to Madrid after being pictured with the Wales flag that mocked the club.

"The first time it happened, it was a bit of a shock," Bale told BT Sport.

"I didn't really know how to deal with it but, as I've got older and it's happened one or two more times, you understand how to deal with it.

"Now, I just shrug it off. In a way, it's a kind of respect to show that the best players get whistled if they don't perform, which I understand.

"I just have to keep working hard, keep proving again to the fans what I can do and eventually the whistles do stop and you get on with your career like normal."

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/12/04/5de7a8cc22601d39488b45dc.html

Xhaka could learn a thing or two.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:53 pm

So for €500k pw Bale can tolerate some boos.

When is Xhaka scheduled to sign da ting?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:07 pm

LMAO wrote:
Bale: I've learned to deal with Bernabeu whistles, I just shrug it off now

Gareth Bale has admitted that he's learned to deal with the whistles he receives from Real Madrid fans at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.

The forward was given a hostile reception upon returning to Madrid after being pictured with the Wales flag that mocked the club.

"The first time it happened, it was a bit of a shock," Bale told BT Sport.

"I didn't really know how to deal with it but, as I've got older and it's happened one or two more times, you understand how to deal with it.

"Now, I just shrug it off. In a way, it's a kind of respect to show that the best players get whistled if they don't perform, which I understand.

"I just have to keep working hard, keep proving again to the fans what I can do and eventually the whistles do stop and you get on with your career like normal."

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/12/04/5de7a8cc22601d39488b45dc.html

Xhaka could learn a thing or two.

Lots of players deal with it, Xhaka is one of the few who can't. I find it alarmind he's being re-integrated in the team to be honest, it's further proof the club don't listen to the fans. What should have happened given his behaviour and lack of an apology is that he should have been frozen out and then sold in Januart for whatever we can get, it's now looking more and more unlikely he will, so it once again looks like we're stuck with this guy giving away goals.

Despite his OK performance at the weekend, he was once again at fault with his positioning for one of the goals, very odd how now 3 managers (if you count Freddie) don't see how much of a liability he is.

That's one of the big issues at Arsenal, those within the club can't see the actual reality of what's happening on the pitch, hence the need for a clean sweep and totally new staff and manager with new ideas.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:29 pm

I betcha Xhaka could tolerate boos as well playing at Madrid. Most players would.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to World Football