Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:Just got a ticket, if this c*** plays he will know he’s not at home here.

Are you saying you're going to boo him? Don't be that guy.

Why, the guy has been having digs at fans on social media and hasn't even had the decency to apologise properly. Hope he never plays for Arsenal again and if he does he deserved to get booed.

Agreed.

He's shown zero class so doesn't deserve any.

He's abused his position and basically threw a fit because he's not good enough and can't hack it, the arrogance, like we're supposed to ignore the fact that he's been crap for years.

We have way too many players in our club who walk around with their head in the clouds not understanding what this is about, its not a holiday camp .......... go try that sh*t at Liverpool and see what Klopp does to you.

We're wayyyy to soft here and we've created soft players with egos, get rid.

Booing just seems so childish. Plus he's still wearing that badge we love so well. I don't like him and I ain't saying anyone else should, of course he needs to go, but no need to act like a child just because he is. To me it's no different than the idiots that threaten him on social media. Gotta grow up sometimes kids.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:29 pm

StLGooner wrote:Booing just seems so childish. Plus he's still wearing that badge we love so well. I don't like him and I ain't saying anyone else should, of course he needs to go, but no need to act like a child just because he is. To me it's no different than the idiots that threaten him on social media. Gotta grow up sometimes kids.

Why is it childish, it's just making your displeasure known, players get away with too much, they stroll around earning huge fortunes and some of them expect to be able to get away with anything they like, the guy hasn't turned up for 4 years, threw his toys out of the pram for a bit of ironic cheering (loads of players have had far far worse and dealt with it) and still can't deal with it and rise above it and just apologise for his awful behaviour, he thinks he's in the right, he isn't.

Xkaka, doesn't deserve to wear the badge, we don't want him to, so that's irrelevant, I hope the fans make it clear what they think of him and then that we never see him in an Arsenal shirt again, whatever happens most don't want him at this club anymore, so we should sell him to another club at the first opportunity.

Fans who pay a lot of money are entitled to voice their displeasure, it's a two way thing, blind faith is a terrible thing, there have to be repercussions for poor behaviour, booing is hardly anything terrible and it just shows him the fans aren't happy with him and there's nothing wrong with that, it's because of the fans that he is where he is, without them he wouldn't be earning his 150 a week or whatever he earns, he should be more humble.

The attitude that is wrong to boo or criticise is precisely why the modern day player gets away with anything, they're handed huge fortunes for achieving nothing and then they don't even have to perform or work hard for it, too much player power these days.

If you want change you need to make it clear you're not happy and not simply talking after a match or elsewhere where the club can ignore it, booing does just that and there's nothing wrong with it, it's been far too comfy at this club for too long, so many times the finger has been pointed at the fans as well, I think the club and fans need to be more ruthless and voice their displeasure when they want to.

Besides it's hardly going to affect the team, the performances have been dreadful for over half a season, can't really get any worse really.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Booing just seems so childish. Plus he's still wearing that badge we love so well. I don't like him and I ain't saying anyone else should, of course he needs to go, but no need to act like a child just because he is. To me it's no different than the idiots that threaten him on social media. Gotta grow up sometimes kids.

Why is it childish, it's just making your displeasure known, players get away with too much, they stroll around earning huge fortunes and some of them expect to be able to get away with anything they like, the guy hasn't turned up for 4 years, threw his toys out of the pram for a bit of ironic cheering (loads of players have had far far worse and dealt with it) and still can't deal with it and rise above it and just apologise for his awful behaviour, he thinks he's in the right, he isn't.

Xkaka, doesn't deserve to wear the badge, we don't want him to, so that's irrelevant, I hope the fans make it clear what they think of him and then that we never see him in an Arsenal shirt again, whatever happens most don't want him at this club anymore.

Fans who pay a lot of money are entitled to voice their displeasure, it's a two way thing, blind faith is a terrible thing, there have to be repercussions for poor behaviour, booing is hardly anything terrible and it just shows him the fans aren't happy with him and there's nothing wrong with that, it's because of the fans that he is where he is, without them he wouldn't be earning his 150 a week or whatever he earns, he should be more humble.

The attitude that is wrong to boo or criticise is precisely why the modern day player gets away with anything, they're handed huge fortunes for achieving nothing and then they don't even have to perform or work hard for it, too much player power these days.

If you want change you need to make it clear you're not happy and not simply talking after a match or elsewhere where the club can ignore it.

It's about being classy and respectful. Not hard to understand. I think he's fully aware that nobody likes him now. No need to keep being classless. Its not his fault he sucks and keeps getting put in the line up.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:04 pm

Booing him if he's on the pitch simply plays into Emery's hands. He'll just tell Raul, Josh and Vinay "Look what do you expect me to do? The crowd is constantly negative, It's a problem that predated me coming to Arsenal. And it's obviously having an impact on the players".

Never ceases to amaze me how thick football fans are.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:24 pm

aniym wrote:Booing him if he's on the pitch simply plays into Emery's hands. He'll just tell Raul, Josh and Vinay "Look what do you expect me to do? The crowd is constantly negative, It's a problem that predated me coming to Arsenal. And it's obviously having an impact on the players".

Never ceases to amaze me how thick football fans are.

lol no just no, you think Sanelhi and co will excuse Emerys' performance because fans are booing Xhaka, sorry but that's ridiculous! If anything that's even more of an incentive to boo. How you can possibly think this plays into Emerys' hands is beyond me.

If the fans aren't happy, it's his fault and if it's his fault there's only one way to fix it, wave him goodbye, you think they'll feel sorry for him and just keep him on even when we're losing? Sorry but that's not the real world.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:28 pm

StLGooner wrote:It's about being classy and respectful. Not hard to understand. I think he's fully aware that nobody likes him now. No need to keep being classless. Its not his fault he sucks and keeps getting put in the line up.

It is hard to understand as it has nothing to do with class. You think he's fully aware, if he was he wouldn't step onto the pitch and just tell Emery he doesn't want to play. If he does play clearly he thinks it's not over for him unless he wants it to be.

It is his fault, the lack of effort from him is totally his fault, as is the reaction he had and his words on social media, clearly Xhaka thinks he's something special, there's no sign of any humility, but why would there be he gets his big pay day every week, got a nice new contract not so long ago on more money, got made captain, I'm surprised he can still fit through the doors of the Emirates, he must think he's better than Vieira!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:33 pm

Thrown armband down, took off shirt, told fans to fk off, cupped his ear and waived "come on then" while half paced walking off the pitch deliberately.

................ the guy wanted a war with the fans.

Now he has one, boo away.

He's been making sly digs on social media as well, fk him, his actions were the biggest disgrace I've ever seen between a player and fans.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:42 pm

Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:It's about being classy and respectful. Not hard to understand. I think he's fully aware that nobody likes him now. No need to keep being classless. Its not his fault he sucks and keeps getting put in the line up.

It is hard to understand as it has nothing to do with class. You think he's fully aware, if he was he wouldn't step onto the pitch and just tell Emery he doesn't want to play. If he does play clearly he thinks it's not over for him unless he wants it to be.

It is his fault, the lack of effort from him is totally his fault, as is the reaction he had and his words on social media, clearly Xhaka thinks he's something special, there's no sign of any humility, but why would there be he gets his big pay day every week, got a nice new contract not so long ago on more money, got made captain, I'm surprised he can still fit through the doors of the Emirates, he must think he's better than Vieira!

That part makes zero sense, and has nothing to do with him knowing how we feel. He’s had death threats against him for simply playing bad. Do you think that is ok too? And you still think he doesn’t know how the fans feel about him? That’s bananas!! It has everything to do with class. How do you think it looks to our other players, or to potential new players when a fan base openly boos their own players for nothing? Remember we booed him before he had his tantrum. He wasn’t the one putting himself in the lineup every game. We are a club near turmoil right now, and you want us to act even more classless to a player that everyone says they want gone and don’t care about. I know booing doesn’t physically hurt anyone, but you gotta know when to be the bigger person. The fans did their part already, booing him more won’t solve anything, as we don’t control when a player stays or goes.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Holdini » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:17 pm

you lot seen his latest quotes?

Xhaka on his future: "I have a clear idea as to how things should proceed, and Arsenal know this as well. There will surely be a solution – as I can’t accept what has happened with me."

what a c*nt.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:29 pm

StLGooner wrote:That part makes zero sense, and has nothing to do with him knowing how we feel. He’s had death threats against him for simply playing bad. Do you think that is ok too? And you still think he doesn’t know how the fans feel about him? That’s bananas!! It has everything to do with class. How do you think it looks to our other players, or to potential new players when a fan base openly boos their own players for nothing? Remember we booed him before he had his tantrum. He wasn’t the one putting himself in the lineup every game. We are a club near turmoil right now, and you want us to act even more classless to a player that everyone says they want gone and don’t care about. I know booing doesn’t physically hurt anyone, but you gotta know when to be the bigger person. The fans did their part already, booing him more won’t solve anything, as we don’t control when a player stays or goes.

No I don't think it's OK at all, that's totally wrong, but what I will say is he's still on social media, why hasn't he turned off social media completely, there's some weird people out there, no doubt about it, but if you're that bothered by it why expose yourself.

I think footballers live in their own little world, the fact he would even consider stepping back on the pitch for us, tells us everything we need to know. I don't think potential players care, it's clear he's been rubbish for us for 4 years for anyone with eyes, if the players don't like it tough luck.

Beckham was booed much more than this guy ever has been, guess what, he kuckled down and became twice the player he was, Ronaldo has been booed, many players have been and come back stronger, this guy just decides to react and then take digs on social media.

Booing him will make it clear he's not wanted here to the manager and Xhaka and hopefully precipitate a transfer, which is best for everyone. If it gets rid of Emery in the process as well, all the better.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Santi wrote:He’s quite simply not sorry for anything he did and therefore doesn’t love the club or want to play for us as much as he claims.

So honestly, he can f**k off and never play again. Goodbye.

Not his fault that he was made captain despite negative fan feeling.

Nor his fault that he was the 1st name on the team sheet.

I know it's our Mesut's fault for picking him every week, or Ozil's fault for backing the tactical genius.. Oh wait.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:That part makes zero sense, and has nothing to do with him knowing how we feel. He’s had death threats against him for simply playing bad. Do you think that is ok too? And you still think he doesn’t know how the fans feel about him? That’s bananas!! It has everything to do with class. How do you think it looks to our other players, or to potential new players when a fan base openly boos their own players for nothing? Remember we booed him before he had his tantrum. He wasn’t the one putting himself in the lineup every game. We are a club near turmoil right now, and you want us to act even more classless to a player that everyone says they want gone and don’t care about. I know booing doesn’t physically hurt anyone, but you gotta know when to be the bigger person. The fans did their part already, booing him more won’t solve anything, as we don’t control when a player stays or goes.

No I don't think it's OK at all, that's totally wrong, but what I will say is he's still on social media, why hasn't he turned off social media completely, there's some weird people out there, no doubt about it, but if you're that bothered by it why expose yourself.

I think footballers live in their own little world, the fact he would even consider stepping back on the pitch for us, tells us everything we need to know. I don't think potential players care, it's clear he's been rubbish for us for 4 years for anyone with eyes, if the players don't like it tough luck.

Beckham was booed much more than this guy ever has been, guess what, he kuckled down and became twice the player he was, Ronaldo has been booed, many players have been and come back stronger, this guy just decides to react and then take digs on social media.

Booing him will make it clear he's not wanted here to the manager and Xhaka and hopefully precipitate a transfer, which is best for everyone. If it gets rid of Emery in the process as well, all the better.

I think he's long past knowing he's not wanted here. If this instance didn't tell him, then certainly it was the death threats on social media and all the hype after his meltdown. I doubt a little more booing is going to solidify all that for him. It's already solidified, just read his latest quote. It's only going to make us look even worse as a fanbase. I doubt he's going to hear the next round of boos and go "that's it, I'm leaving". It's clear he already wants out.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:46 pm

If he plays in a home fixture again before January when he leaves Emery is even thicker than I thought he was
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:01 pm

Angelito wrote:
Santi wrote:He’s quite simply not sorry for anything he did and therefore doesn’t love the club or want to play for us as much as he claims.

I know it's our Mesut's fault for picking him every week, or Ozil's fault for backing the tactical genius.. Oh wait.

Why do you feel the need to bring Ozil into everything? It's almost like an obsession with you. Time to move on now surely.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:08 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Why do you feel the need to bring Ozil into everything? It's almost like an obsession with you. Time to move on now surely.

It is an obsession. :dontknow:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to World Football