Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:32 pm

Ah the excuses for the upcoming failure has already started
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:37 pm

If the Swiss NT reshuffle plays out, Xhaka would be coached by Wenger for WCQ and Arteta for the PL.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:29 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:What a disaster this summer has been so far, wasted 50 million on a CB who is unproven and probably not worth more than 25-30 million, signed a couple guys from weaker league who in reality won’t be ready and will only be squad players and on top of that have failed to get rid of pretty much all the players we were desperate to see the back off.

Personally I’d have brought back Saliba and maybe Mavropanos, signed someone like Aouar and possibly taken a punt on Camavinga or gone for Bissouma, probably taken a punt on Onana even though he’s been banned until October (which isn’t ideal) and maybe Aaron’s and Silva and maybe found another backup left back, Tavarez maybe ok

Then sold the likes of Xhaka, Willock, Bellerin, Lacazette, Willian, Kolasinac, Torreira, Nketiah, AMN.

What we’ve done has been shocking.

Rubbish
It's been a very smart window so far.

3 new players - all in positions we needed.
White is proven top class in the PL, Sambi looks an excellent buy and Tavares looks like excellent cover for Tierney + has the potential play further up.
We will, of course, have to see how they do, but to claim the summer has been a disaster before our new players have even kicked a ball for us is totally ridiculous and just more of the same BS that's been spread for the past 3 months.

That’s what you think but many others don’t, for most it’s 2 unknowns who aren’t ready and a guy we overpaid for who is far from proven, one season in the PL doesn’t make you proven I’m afraid.

It’s been awful and we’ve on top of that not sold anyone we wanted to sell.

You can convince yourself it’s a good summer if you like, just like you convinced yourself Arteta has done well, but no one else is buying it.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:36 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:What a disaster this summer has been so far, wasted 50 million on a CB who is unproven and probably not worth more than 25-30 million, signed a couple guys from weaker league who in reality won’t be ready and will only be squad players and on top of that have failed to get rid of pretty much all the players we were desperate to see the back off.

Personally I’d have brought back Saliba and maybe Mavropanos, signed someone like Aouar and possibly taken a punt on Camavinga or gone for Bissouma, probably taken a punt on Onana even though he’s been banned until October (which isn’t ideal) and maybe Aaron’s and Silva and maybe found another backup left back, Tavarez maybe ok

Then sold the likes of Xhaka, Willock, Bellerin, Lacazette, Willian, Kolasinac, Torreira, Nketiah, AMN.

What we’ve done has been shocking.

Rubbish
It's been a very smart window so far.

3 new players - all in positions we needed.
White is proven top class in the PL, Sambi looks an excellent buy and Tavares looks like excellent cover for Tierney + has the potential play further up.
We will, of course, have to see how they do, but to claim the summer has been a disaster before our new players have even kicked a ball for us is totally ridiculous and just more of the same BS that's been spread for the past 3 months.

That’s what you think but many others don’t, for most it’s 2 unknowns who aren’t ready and a guy we overpaid for who is far from proven, one season in the PL doesn’t make you proven I’m afraid.

It’s been awful and we’ve on top of that not sold anyone we wanted to sell.

You can convince yourself it’s a good summer if you like, just like you convinced yourself Arteta has done well, but no one else is buying it.

No one else?
I think I am in the majority of Arsenal fans, fella.

We just bought an England international defender who had a great season in the PL last year, winning his teams player of the season, but he is unproven??? But wait, Saliba is totally brilliant, right? JHC.

As for the two 'unkowns' lets see how they do.
Sambi has looked good on the ball in pre season, we'll wait and see what he looks like in the PL.
Tavares is mainly a back up for Tierney, which is badly needed. We suffered when Tierney was injured.

Our summer signings have been spot on to what we need.
They were not made to appease fans who just want big-name signings they read about in the media.

As for selling players, we should only sell if the money is right.
If Roma wanted Xhaka, they needed to have paid the market rate for an international who just had a good Euros.
Once again, Arsenal are not going to get rid of him on the cheap just to appease fans who think they know better.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:46 pm

The guy has 2 caps hardly impressive, plus yes winning player of the season and one decent season isn’t proven, certainly not worth anywhere near 50 million, as I’ve stated many times I’d have rather seen us give Saliba a chance and save 50 million to spend in more important areas, this guy could easily flop and would have to be extraordinary to be worth 50 million anyway.

I don’t think anyone thinks they are spot on except you, if you’d told people before the summer these would be the players we’d sign, they’d have laughed.

Actually we needed Xhaka out the door full stop, no one wanted him for years so to find a buyer was extraordinary, we should have taken what we could get, now we’re stuck with this chump probably for many years as we’ve come up with a stupid scheme of offering him a new contract apparently.

Anyway when Arteta fails next season (and he will), you can probably expect a few people to tell you it was nailed on and that we’ve now wasted another season.

I’ll never accept that a guy who has managed two 8th places with no history of success should still be in the job and indeed deserves to be because frankly for a club like Arsenal that’s laughable.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:57 pm

Özim wrote:The guy has 2 caps hardly impressive, plus yes winning player of the season and one decent season isn’t proven, certainly not worth anywhere near 50 million, as I’ve stated many times I’d have rather seen us give Saliba a chance and save 50 million to spend in more important areas, this guy could easily flop and would have to be extraordinary to be worth 50 million anyway.

I don’t think anyone thinks they are spot on except you, if you’d told people before the summer these would be the players we’d sign, they’d have laughed.

Actually we needed Xhaka out the door full stop, no one wanted him for years so to find a buyer was extraordinary, we should have taken what we could get, now we’re stuck with this chump probably for many years as we’ve come up with a stupid scheme of offering him a new contract apparently.

Anyway when Arteta fails next season (and he will), you can probably expect a few people to tell you it was nailed on and that we’ve now wasted another season.

I’ll never accept that a guy who has managed two 8th places with no history of success should still be in the job and indeed deserves to be because frankly for a club like Arsenal that’s laughable.

You are making zero sense.
You claim a successful season in the PL, an international call up and winning the player of the season at his club is unproven, yet would rather see Saliba - who has played ZERO games in the PL and looked ropey in PL2 - playing instead.
All because of money?
It's not your money.
White is quite clearly the better choice and far far less risky than playing Saliba, so your focus on money over what is good for the team seems to be misplaced.

It is 100% obvious to everyone reading that you are bigging up Saliba for one reason and one reason only - you are using him to slag off Arteta and the club. It has nothing to do with what is best for the team.

It's also clear that you will never accept that Arteta deserves to be in charge - you have made that 100% clear in fact and given yourself no room for manoeuvre. You are, however, in the minority.
Most fans want to see how he can do this season.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:00 pm

Saliba has already been bought he didn’t cost a rip-off 50 million, it makes perfect sense, plus he himself has excelled.

We could then spend the 50 million in areas we need.

It’s perfectly simple.

As for White, there’s countless 1 season wonders.

I bring up Saliba because he’s ours and IMO it’s nonsense he’s not playing for us.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:03 pm

Özim wrote:Saliba has already been bought he didn’t cost a rip-off 50 million, it makes perfect sense, plus he himself has excelled.

It’s perfectly simple.

Again - not your money.
White is easily more proven and less of a risk than Saliba - so we have a better player in defence.
That is what matters.

..and Saliba is not ours - we loaned him to another club as he was not good enough to make our squad.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:04 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:Saliba has already been bought he didn’t cost a rip-off 50 million, it makes perfect sense, plus he himself has excelled.

It’s perfectly simple.

Again - not your money.
By every measure White is better than Saliba - so we have a better player in defence.
That is what matters.

I don’t care, it’s what I want to see the money spent on, I don’t want us to waste money we can’t really afford.

Again that can’t be proven, they’ve never played in the same league, that’s just hearsay, plus we have to pay 50 million, Saliba costs us nothing, barely anyone knew anything about white before we signed him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:09 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It’s perfectly simple.

Again - not your money.
By every measure White is better than Saliba - so we have a better player in defence.
That is what matters.

I don’t care, it’s what I want to see the money spent on, I don’t want us to waste money we can’t really afford.

Again that can’t be proven, they’ve never played in the same league, that’s just hearsay, plus we have to pay 50 million, Saliba costs us nothing, barely anyone knew anything about white before we signed him.

AMN cost us nothing too.
Should he start for us instead of buying players?
I could go on.

The point is we need a defender and Saliba ain't it.
We got a vastly more proven player at this level instead.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:10 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It’s perfectly simple.

Again - not your money.
That is what matters.

AMN cost us nothing too.
I could go on.

That’s different AMN hasn’t excelled elsewhere, so yes carry on with your irrelevant facts please.

Why not? He’s done amazingly, IMO white at 50 million isn’t it, it’s a waste of money.

If we wanted to spend big on an English player it should have been someone like Grealish, not White.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:22 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It’s perfectly simple.

Again - not your money.
That is what matters.

AMN cost us nothing too.
I could go on.

That’s different AMN hasn’t excelled elsewhere, so yes carry on with your irrelevant facts please.

Why not? He’s done amazingly, IMO white at 50 million isn’t it, it’s a waste of money.

If we wanted to spend big on an English player it should have been someone like Grealish, not White.

Saliba has ZERO experience in the PL and did not look particularly good even in PL2.
Grealish would not be a good option at CB.
We'd still need a CB after buying Grealish - who we don't need.
The reason we need a CB is because Luiz is gone and Saliba is simply not good enough.

You just don't have a point.
We've strengthened in defence with a top player. That can only be a good thing.

You are not fooling anyone with this Saliba nonsense.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:40 pm

I still think this plonker will be gone in the window.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:48 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It’s perfectly simple.

Again - not your money.
That is what matters.

AMN cost us nothing too.
I could go on.

Saliba has ZERO experience in the PL and did not look particularly good even in PL2.
Grealish would not be a good option at CB.
We'd still need a CB after buying Grealish - who we don't need.
The reason we need a CB is because Luiz is gone and Saliba is simply not good enough.

You just don't have a point.
We've strengthened in defence with a top player. That can only be a good thing.

You are not fooling anyone with this Saliba nonsense.

What are you on about? Saliba has excelled in France, you literally are making no sense.

Saliba hasn’t been given a chance, how do you know he wouldn’t be good enough, his teammates in France was brilliant, same age and less highly rated.

You’re just judging him on Artetas decisions but we’ve already know his decisions are awful, there’s countless examples, I just don’t trust the guy, he’s one of the worst man managers I’ve seen.

As for White being a top player, that is to be proven, 1 season in the PL doesn’t make you a top player, people are too quick to call someone world class or a top player these days, noone outside Brighton even really noticed White.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:55 pm

Wait

There are people who think White is better than saliba? :rofll:

Just cos Arteta who's proven to be a poor manager prefers mr bang average over a players who's excelled in the top level in France?
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football