Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:30 pm

If Arteta has an iota of integrity, he will bench Xhaka long-term like he's done with Aubameyang. Partey/Elneny midfield till the end of the season.

But who am I kidding, Xhaka already wanted out last year and El Hefe gave him a raise and 4-year deal instead.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:16 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:If Arteta has an iota of integrity, he will bench Xhaka long-term like he's done with Aubameyang. Partey/Elneny midfield till the end of the season.

But who am I kidding, Xhaka already wanted out last year and El Hefe gave him a raise and 4-year deal instead.

I just don't know why he did that.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:37 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:If Arteta has an iota of integrity, he will bench Xhaka long-term like he's done with Aubameyang. Partey/Elneny midfield till the end of the season.

I just don't know why he did that.

Because Arteta is a fanboy.

............ and all of those he was a fanboy of (Xhaka, Bellerin, Leno etc) have all let him down and are gone, Xhaka is the only one left and look at the liability he is.

There was a time not so long ago that our team was half full of these liabilities, Xhaka, Bellerin, Mustafi, Leno, Kolasinac.

All of them have caused calamities or weren't putting in the proper effort, that's when we were being call Banter FC.

There is only one thing left to do ........ sell and replace, that's it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:50 pm

Reiss wrote:It's weird how every manager gives him a new deal and plays him in the starting XI.

The guy must be unreal in training.

Even Mourinho says he's our most important midfielder and the key to everything.

It's because he's vocal and bossy on the pitch. You can see how he gestures and tells players where to pass, who to pass to. It's token BS if you ask me.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:47 pm

Reiss wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:It's weird how every manager gives him a new deal and plays him in the starting XI.

Even Mourinho says he's our most important midfielder and the key to everything.

It's because he's vocal and bossy on the pitch. You can see how he gestures and tells players where to pass, who to pass to. It's token BS if you ask me.

He can't be given a free pass for all his mistakes purely because of that surely?

Dumb managers man.

It's unfortunate but that's life. He takes on the role of 'teacher's pet'. Probably on the pitch and behind the scenes so it keeps him safe.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby VCC » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:16 pm

He is simply never going to change.
He does not have the pace to recover situations (losing the ball, keeping up with play, finding himself out of position)
To counter his lack of pace he as Adams did needs to become an intelligent reader of the game, which Xhaka is not !.
I seriously wonder how the club trains, if contact training happens this must be seen in training.
Anyways long past his starting games he may be adequate back up but he is a total liability in any big game,
Failure of Arteta to see Xhaka shortfall is exactly the reason i did not want a ally of AW to manage this club,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Jedi » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:11 pm

Still better than the alternatives.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:16 pm

Jedi wrote:Still better than the alternatives.

Doesn't really help us
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:39 pm

Doesn’t have the discipline and reading of the game to play DM.
Doesn’t have the mobility and drive to play CM.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:24 am

theHotHead wrote:I just don't know how Xhaka got scouted, surely his lack of speed was noticed by our scouts, why would anyone think he could cope in a combative role in Arsenal's midfield?!!!

Shocking!

What is really shocking is that clown giving him a contract extension when we could have sold him. :BangHead:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:23 am

Power n Glory wrote:

Exactly. No dunce on the pitch can tell me what to do!! If he tried it with me I would tell him to go and look at himself before he can even chat to me! I would tell him about his mooma too!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:25 am

No, he is not. Playing a CB there would be a better option, playing Tavares would be better, playing anyone would be better than Xhaka.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:39 pm

What by losing us games?

You really need to know when you've lost, just take the L on this one and move on.

You can't just go on skill level and completely ignore his liabilities as a player to give away penalties and get red cards.

I liked Auba, but I can't defend his lack of goals and so I have to state we need a new striker, the worst thing to do is be a fan boy and just dig a hole.

Facts are facts, people need to start learning to accept them because facts dgaf about your bias.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:50 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

What by losing us games?

You really need to know when you've lost, just take the L on this one and move on.

You can't just go on skill level and completely ignore his liabilities as a player to give away penalties and get red cards.

I liked Auba, but I can't defend his lack of goals and so I have to state we need a new striker, the worst thing to do is be a fan boy and just dig a hole.

Facts are facts, people need to start learning to accept them because facts dgaf about your bias.

Thats the problem with too many people, they are unable to admit or accept they are wrong.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:45 pm

Radio saying it's a 2 game ban
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football