Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Nejch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Needs to leave ASAP
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Byron Gomez » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:03 am

Wenger signing Xhaka was pure vanity on Wengers part. There were other more established and better quality CM's available at the time but he wanted his usual praise for signing a relative unknown player and him turning out to be world class but its backfired.
"I've play against him, what? 12, 15, 18 times? , I dunno". "And only once he didn't moan and on that day we lost!" - Jose Mourinho
Byron Gomez
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:40 am

What does Emery keep playing him?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 am

Power n Glory wrote:What does Emery keep playing him?

No better options ... Xhaka may be poor but what better choices does he have?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:54 am

EliteKiller wrote:

He's hardly tried any other combinations. Xhaka plays 90 minutes for the majority of our games. Nobody else has had a run of games.

We gave Elneny a new contract. Try him out for a few games. Not a popular opinion but when he first arrived at Arsenal, we had a similar problem in the midfield because Cazorla got injured. Elneny got off to a great start and the fluidity to our midfield came back. We were linking the lines again.

Ramsey - play him next to Torreira and give him specific instructions to not go bombing up field. As a supposed tactician, Emery should be able to dish out instructions.

AMN is not a winger. He's a CM. Try him there.

He could even try Ozil in a deeper role or Iwobi and see how they cope.

Trying the same option over and over again is what really turned me off to Wenger. For example, Wenger would never try to play Rosicky in the CM role until he was forced to because we had injuries. It was the same for Cazorla. I don't want another manager that will persist with the tried and tested each week knowing the results. If he were open to giving all players a chance in the team, I could stomach so of the bad results. But he's using the same crop of players and just tinkering with the formation each week.

What else is he trying to get out of Xhaka?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Interest: waning » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:02 am

BrunelGooner wrote:I can't express how much I hate this prick.

He's one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen at Arsenal, yet time and time again, he proves he is a liability and STILL gets picked?

How many errors does this guy need to make before the club realise he is absolutely shocking?
Most damaging signing we have made in the last 20 years - I mean that literally.

Shocking player who makes a million mistakes a season. And both Wenger and Emery are in love with him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby BS221B » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:43 am

Got a new contract from Emery as a result of his good football.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Granit Xhaka (29)

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:58 am

From page 308:

Angelito wrote:We haven't finished in the top-4 since we signed Xhaka.

Discuss.

3rd year incoming
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:07 am

Power n Glory wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

He's hardly tried any other combinations. Xhaka plays 90 minutes for the majority of our games. Nobody else has had a run of games.

We gave Elneny a new contract. Try him out for a few games. Not a popular opinion but when he first arrived at Arsenal, we had a similar problem in the midfield because Cazorla got injured. Elneny got off to a great start and the fluidity to our midfield came back. We were linking the lines again.

Ramsey - play him next to Torreira and give him specific instructions to not go bombing up field. As a supposed tactician, Emery should be able to dish out instructions.

Trying the same option over and over again is what really turned me off to Wenger. For example, Wenger would never try to play Rosicky in the CM role until he was forced to because we had injuries. It was the same for Cazorla. I don't want another manager that will persist with the tried and tested each week knowing the results. If he were open to giving all players a chance in the team, I could stomach so of the bad results. But he's using the same crop of players and just tinkering with the formation each week.

Not sure if serious

Whats the point of playing Ramsey then? Hes different to all the pass pass pass pass crap we have in midfield and we need someone to get beyond the striker with a late run.

Most if not all of our CMs past few years have been pass pass pass crap and no one wanted that. Didnt work with Cazorla as our main man in there cos pointless passing is not the way to go. Play Ramsey with a DM who will stay back and cover. Simple

That doesnt mean Ramsey doesnt get back himself cos he will and does but why handicap him by telling him not to go forward?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:16 am

Ach wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Not sure if serious

Whats the point of playing Ramsey then? Hes different to all the pass pass pass pass crap we have in midfield and we need someone to get beyond the striker with a late run.

Most if not all of our CMs past few years have been pass pass pass crap and no one wanted that. Didnt work with Cazorla as our main man in there cos pointless passing is not the way to go. Play Ramsey with a DM who will stay back and cover. Simple

That doesnt mean Ramsey doesnt get back himself cos he will and does but why handicap him by telling him not to go forward?

Ramsey bombs forward and leaves his midfield partner without a passing option which slows down our build up play. We've had this midfield problem before Xhaka. When Ramsey went on that goal streak, he had more of a dominant presence in the midfield. He'd work the ball from deep, he'd defence and make more tackles than anyone else and he'd also time his runs to score goals. Now it seems he's not timing them he's just getting forward as early as possible to hang with the strikers. It's possible to score goals and help build up play. That's what the best Cm's do.

Plus, I'm also thinking of a starting place for Ozil as a 10. If Ramsey just wants to score goals and stay in the final third, it's best he plays as an attacking midfielder which means Ozil pushed wide or dropped. We've had problems with our midfield before Ramsey arrived and Ramsey just bombing forward was a major reason why we couldn't dominate the midfield.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:31 am

Still waiting for the next xabi alonso.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Xhaka is a dead player.

Who's bloody idea was it to pay £35m and saddle us with this nothing player.

When he does do something good its like an eclipse, lovely when it happens but only comes around about twice a year.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Same summer we got him, Chelsea got Kante. A Chelsea that had just finished 10th and weren't even in Europe.

Wenger should have been sacked for that
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zenith » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:24 pm

BS221B wrote:

For the umpteenth time, Emery is not in charge of contract management.

He is employed as first team coach, not as manager.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Zenith wrote:
BS221B wrote:

For the umpteenth time, Emery is not in charge of contract management.

He is employed as first team coach, not as manager.

Some people don't understand that.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to World Football