Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (29)

Postby coach8smallball » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Mesüt wrote:
MesutOzil11 wrote:Future captain. What a hero.

better learn how to play pretty quickly then

there's not an ounce of urgency in his game......unless it's a shot from 40.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:23 pm

he was better today.

needs to keep cutting down on his giveaways
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:48 pm

wheres the vava post talking about the anti xhaka brigade being quiet?

oh....
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Didn't watch the game so can't comment on his performance.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Cripps wrote:Didn't watch the game so can't comment on his performance.

Pointless post of the year :lol:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Or as the Swiss would say, Xhaka post of the year
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:51 am

Losmeister wrote:he was better today.

needs to keep cutting down on his giveaways

This, lets hope it continues.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby realtalk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Did pretty good didnt over try just simple stuff .Also didnt push forward knowing he ain't built for that b2b play. He stayed within his power & ability.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:38 am

simply not good enough and is our weakest central midfielder imo. Take a look at this chance for rodriguez where xhaka, ramsey and el nenny are when ramsey gives bad pass. Take a look at xhaka and rodriguez when we lose the ball and the gap between them when rodriguez heads the ball. No manager worth his money would accept that

http://arsenalist.com/f/2017-18/arsenal-vs-wba/5.html
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ESR10 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:36 am

I really like him, and I think he has all ingredients to become a very very good DLP, but he's underperforming lately. Even his passes aren't that great anymore. I would give him a break, to get his head free. Luckily for us Elneny has been good lately and he could play beside Ramsey. Or we could even give Wilshere some minutes.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:45 am

Mustafi wrote:I really like him, and I think he has all ingredients to become a very very good DLP, but he's underperforming lately. Even his passes aren't that great anymore. I would give him a break, to get his head free. Luckily for us Elneny has been good lately and he could play beside Ramsey. Or we could even give Wilshere some minutes.

Precisely my thoughts
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby gooney » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:49 am

Mustafi wrote:I really like him, and I think he has all ingredients to become a very very good DLP, but he's underperforming lately. Even his passes aren't that great anymore. I would give him a break, to get his head free. Luckily for us Elneny has been good lately and he could play beside Ramsey. Or we could even give Wilshere some minutes.

I dont think he has all the ingredients at all. Not only is he slow, he is very slow in mind which means he can never be a top player. He cant deal with any pressure. Top players are all quick in mind, he is not. Had he been in a big club he would have been shipped out by now.....thats how bad he has been. But we spent 35 million on him and wenger will never admit defeat here
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ESR10 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:03 am

gooney wrote:

I dont think he has all the ingredients at all. Not only is he slow, he is very slow in mind which means he can never be a top player. He cant deal with any pressure. Top players are all quick in mind, he is not. Had he been in a big club he would have been shipped out by now.....thats how bad he has been. But we spent 35 million on him and wenger will never admit defeat here

Most DLP aren't the fastest. Pirlo, Alonso and Carrick weren't.
You are right though about his frustrating slow decision making at times, but I think he can sort it out. He really improved with the dumb tackles. So I think it's very possible, that he will get better at it.
ESR10

Postby gooney » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:09 am

Mustafi wrote:
gooney wrote:

Most DLP aren't the fastest. Pirlo, Alonso and Carrick weren't.
You are right though about his frustrating slow decision making at times, but I think he can sort it out. He really improved with the dumb tackles. So I think it's very possible, that he will get better at it.

I dont think you can improve much about your reading about the game. The difference between top players and lesser are how quick they see things. There has been many limited players in midtable teams who would be great if they had better football brain. I mean look at chamberlain.....how much has he improved his football brain or walcott? Xhaka is slow thinker and needs time and space, once he gets pressured he panics because he knows he cant think quick. Now opponents know he is slow thinker and is pressuring him. Look at City they play de bruyne and silva in central midfield with fernandinho. Teams dont pressure them when silva or de bruyne has the ball. Players know these guys quality and know rushing those guys means they will burn you with quick thinking. The opposite of how they see xhaka
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:49 pm

gooney wrote:simply not good enough and is our weakest central midfielder imo. Take a look at this chance for rodriguez where xhaka, ramsey and el nenny are when ramsey gives bad pass. Take a look at xhaka and rodriguez when we lose the ball and the gap between them when rodriguez heads the ball. No manager worth his money would accept that

http://arsenalist.com/f/2017-18/arsenal-vs-wba/5.html

More like, how the f**k did Ramsey screw up a pass that bad?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football