Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (29)

Postby OptimusPrimett » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:56 pm

i think he's up there with carroll and torres as one of the worst signings in pl history
35 mill for fouling, standing still and trash sideways passing....
OptimusPrimett
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:00 pm

I think that if you put him next to a DM he'll look much better!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:44 pm

I'm surprised that Xhaka and coquelin aren't working as a combo. They're quite complementary. Coq with his workrate and interceptions, Xhaka with his ability to play out of the back. Kind of like flamini and cesc a decade ago.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:59 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:I think that if you put him next to a DM he'll look much better!

I agree, playing next to Hollywood won't help his cause.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby realtalk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:I think that if you put him next to a DM he'll look much better!

This does'nt work we are not counter attacking team.Our forward line are not that good. They cant go past several players on their own.They still score goals based of passing and movement and intricate shit.

The way we play and train is all triangle,passing,movement football. Which requires a midfielder to move forward. This why rambo gets in the team. because ozil drifts around he vacates space which rambo usually takes up. Any goal we score usually has a cm,wingback,giroud,cf involved.Seriously we rarely see our forward line just go win the game.And cms,wingback have an easy game with minimal push.

Xhaka aint that dynamic to support ozil and front line and get back to cm We do not have a counterattack play style or players for two solid cm,dms. Its that simple.Wenger does'nt want to play it either,

Doesnt matter who's next to xhaka this guy will still do bullshit. He had eleny who did what everyone would want in a cm.He played the position. And xhaka still f***ked up with passes ,tackles etc.

He's got look at himself and train hard.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CaptGooner » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:11 pm

realtalk wrote:

This does'nt work we are not counter attacking team.Our forward line are not that good. They cant go past several players on their own.They still score goals based of passing and movement and intricate shit.

The way we play and train is all triangle,passing,movement football. Which requires a midfielder to move forward. This why rambo gets in the team. because ozil drifts around he vacates space which rambo usually takes up. Any goal we score usually has a cm,wingback,giroud,cf involved.Seriously we rarely see our forward line just go win the game.And cms,wingback have an easy game with minimal push.

Xhaka aint that dynamic to support ozil and front line and get back to cm We do not have a counterattack play style or players for two solid cm,dms. Its that simple.Wenger does'nt want to play it either,

Doesnt matter who's next to xhaka this guy will still do bullshit. He had eleny who did what everyone would want in a cm.He played the position. And xhaka still f***ked up with passes ,tackles etc.

Ya but there's moving a few yards forward to create space to receive a pass, and then there's moving forward where you are the furthest up the pitch.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby realtalk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:09 pm

CaptGooner wrote:
realtalk wrote:

Ya but there's moving a few yards forward to create space to receive a pass, and then there's moving forward where you are the furthest up the pitch.

I see what your saying ,but it does'nt work. Xhakas slowness and sub par off the ball movement would break the playing style.Someone has
to run in spaces.Ozil ,sanchez ,theo,giroud leave when they are dragging players with them.''A player'' (which only leaves a cm) has to get in those spaces to keep the passing and play going.In general where there's space somoene has to go there.Rambo usually finds that space. Especially when ozil ,sanchez are bunched together. If your cms are just sitting deep and the front line do all that ball and player shifting for no one to get in the free spaces whats the point?? With cms sitting deep you then get the classic complaint that elneny gets "he's just side passing, not doing anything,not adding to attack"

Its tricky shit.But it comes at sacrifice.There's no perfect play. You cant play the way we want to play without a cm joining the attack. The reason we suck and conceed is 1- We dont finish our chances,2- Our shape defensively and offensively needs major work (This includes shit positioning) ,3- Our front line is just not that great which leads to 4- We over commit to attacks becasue we are just not that good at getting a goal or creating clear chances for strikers > which takes you back to point 3.

A great strike force ,leads to less overcommitment > to more stable shape and passing plays. The quality of your forward line is a big part of how your team plays. Its all a chain. I tell you this much you have db10,theirry,pires,eto,messi,villa,suarez,neymar,cr7,benzema. Your whole attack & defense play differently.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:24 am

When he's good he's very good however at the level we play at you can not afford to make five or six very big mistakes every game ... it doesn't help that he plays alongside some very average team-mates but it's not their fault when he passes to the opposition, or when he gets caught in possession, or when he's out of position and can't recover ....

Playing alongside a top DM who would cover for him would be a massive help .... we don't have that ....

Someone needs to coach him properly, stay in your position, cover the run, pass to a red shirt or put it in row Z .... you have Ozil and Sanchez two world class players, look to pass to them .... just do the feckin' basics .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:29 am

It's quite obvious he's not the player Wenger planned for. Wenger was probably thinking he'd shield the back four while playing the ball out of the back. But that's not happening. He's poor in the tackle, immobile and positionally suspect. His one saving grace is he gets the ball to the attacking line very well. Before his coming we struggled to play the ball out of midfield. We don't have that problem with him. But to make it work with him, Wenger is going have to sign a completely different type of all action powerful central midfielder to do the dirty work while letting Xhaka simply be the orchestrator of attacks.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fenice » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:50 am

The Tuesday Club was right, play slows with him on the ball and not in a good way. He just doesn't seem to be mentally quick enough. I like his grit, but the game passes him by at times.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:55 am

A pairing of Xhaka and Nzonzi would be class in my opinion. We keep scouting the guy but never move for him. It's really annoying. We could even do a January deal if we wanted.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:57 am

Fenice wrote:The Tuesday Club was right, play slows with him on the ball and not in a good way. He just doesn't seem to be mentally quick enough. I like his grit, but the game passes him by at times.

He has one job. Pick out forwards making runs off the ball. The minute he receives possession he looks up and in most cases no one is making runs. Then he gets caught on the ball before passing it sideways. His weakness is when he doesn't spot a runner he can't carry the ball forward himself like cesc could for example. I think the reason Wenger plays welbeck so much is for Xhaka to pick him out.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:16 am

Arsene Nose wrote:
Fenice wrote:The Tuesday Club was right, play slows with him on the ball and not in a good way. He just doesn't seem to be mentally quick enough. I like his grit, but the game passes him by at times.

He has one job. Pick out forwards making runs off the ball. The minute he receives possession he looks up and in most cases no one is making runs. Then he gets caught on the ball before passing it sideways. His weakness is when he doesn't spot a runner he can't carry the ball forward himself like cesc could for example. I think the reason Wenger plays welbeck so much is for Xhaka to pick him out.

So what's Ozil's job? By far the best passer in the team, the best creator in the team, the most assists in the EPL (last 3 years) in our current line up Ozil is the creator, it's very clearly not Xhaka's job ... can't he understand that? or is the truth more that it's the only part of his game that's any good? He can't defend, he can't run, he has lousy positional sense, and he couldn't out muscle my kid sister .... hmmmmmm

Trying to do to much not only makes Ozil look bad, but at the same time it highlights every mistake Xhaka makes, and he makes a few, he needs proper coaching and proper tactical instruction ... under Wonger good luck with that ....

or we need to realise that he's just not top four standard ... and get someone better ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:37 am

El nenny is better than him imo. But xhaka is 35 million player and el nenny is 5 million. The price is keeping him in the team
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goonerz » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:24 am

One dimensional player, he is so immobile, he just lacks that mobility in there.. Good when given time and space on the ball to do his long passes, but apart from that just nothing else.. He is so panicky under pressure when in possession.. Why have we gone from more rounded players to one dimensional dodos? smh
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to World Football