Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (29)

Postby Massa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:26 pm

Bad game. players have bad games. my man dominated chelsea so not concerned. him amd ramsey will boss midfields
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:31 pm

"The second goal for Leicester was my mistake but it was important that I kept working. I wasn’t nervous after the mistake - and the two assists were important for the team."

AN ARSENAL PLAYER THAT ADMITS HIS MISTAKE INSTEAD OF JOKING ABOUT IT LIKE BELLERIN?!

How refreshing!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:37 pm

This is why he'll become a great for us.

He knew the error came from him. Didn't hide like the majority of these 'pro's' would. He ended up being the game changer and dragging us back to help win the game.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CaptGooner » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 pm

MesutOzil11 wrote:This is why he'll become a great for us.

He knew the error came from him. Didn't hide like the majority of these 'pro's' would. He ended up being the game changer and dragging us back to help win the game.

Agreed. Hope he eventually steps up and becomes the leader the team has needed for some time.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:37 pm

MesutOzil11 wrote:This is why he'll become a great for us.

Preach.

All players will make mistakes, what matters is how they respond to them.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:23 am

Demands from different positions are different. A Central midfielder needs to be consistent during a game especially defensively as everything runs through them and everything starts from them. Mistakes are punished severely like he was for the first goal. Offensively you have bit more room to make errors but defensively consistency and concentration are paramount. The greatest midfielders cut out the sloppy defensive errors and lapses of concentration to a large extent.

Xhaka has delicious long range passing skills, can pick a pass from a distance and has good shooting boots. On the flip side he lacks the ability to hold his composure when put under pressure. His performance levels starts receding as the tempo of the game goes up. In Premier League the tempo of the game is high more often than not and opponents do not let you dwell on the ball for long. Sloppy passes in your own half will be punished severely.

I am a huge critic of Arteta because of his impotent sideways passing but[ apart from the last couple of years when he had regressed as a player] his defensive side of the game was excellent. He made up for his lack of pace by reading the situation well, good anticipation, spacial awareness and good positional sense. So lack of pace may be a slight hindrance for Xhaka but a good player can make up for it by reading the game well, being aware and cutting out sloppy passes.

A Striker can say, ''oh i scored a brace and my job is done'' but for a central midfielder that is not enough because the job expects both defensive and offensive responsibilities. Xhaka is an asset because of his mid-long range passing skills and his ability to shoot but he needs to develop alround skills to make up for his lack of pace. I think he needs someone with experience to guide him to understand the nuances of defensive side of the game needed to be successful in the premiership.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Demands from different positions are different. A Central midfielder needs to be consistent during a game especially defensively as everything runs through them and everything starts from them. Mistakes are punished severely like he was for the first goal. Offensively you have bit more room to make errors but defensively consistency and concentration are paramount. The greatest midfielders cut out the sloppy defensive errors and lapses of concentration to a large extent.

Xhaka has delicious long range passing skills, can pick a pass from a distance and has good shooting boots. On the flip side he lacks the ability to hold his composure when put under pressure. His performance levels starts receding as the tempo of the game goes up. In Premier League the tempo of the game is high more often than not and opponents do not let you dwell on the ball for long. Sloppy passes in your own half will be punished severely.

I am a huge critic of Arteta because of his impotent sideways passing but[ apart from the last couple of years when he had regressed as a player] his defensive side of the game was excellent. He made up for his lack of pace by reading the situation well, good anticipation, spacial awareness and good positional sense. So lack of pace may be a slight hindrance for Xhaka but a good player can make up for it by reading the game well, being aware and cutting out sloppy passes.

A Striker can say, ''oh i scored a brace and my job is done'' but for a central midfielder that is not enough because the job expects both defensive and offensive responsibilities. Xhaka is an asset because of his mid-long range passing skills and his ability to shoot but he needs to develop alround skills to make up for his lack of pace. I think he needs someone with experience to guide him to understand the nuances of defensive side of the game needed to be successful in the premiership.

+1
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby CaptGooner » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:18 pm

No one in league has covered more ground than Xhaka (Daily Mirror). That to go with most assists :arse flag.gif:
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:52 am

CaptGooner wrote:No one in league has covered more ground than Xhaka (Daily Mirror). That to go with most assists :arse flag.gif:

POTY 2018
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:58 am

For me he is not a starter for a serious team. Just too many flaws
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby BS221B » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:49 pm

agree, Ryo Miyaichi should start instead of him.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:16 pm

We changed formation mainly because of him. I think we conceded 3 goals in 4 games in row and the midfield offered no protection to the defense. Yes the defense is not good enough either. But with this formation it protects him more than anyone. Xhaka is not expected to be the main defender in midfield and the main attacker. So he has reached the level with our fans that as long as he hits few good long balls, he has done well
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Granit Xhaka (29)

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:21 pm

gooney wrote:We changed formation mainly because of him. I think we conceded 3 goals in 4 games in row and the midfield offered no protection to the defense. Yes the defense is not good enough either. But with this formation it protects him more than anyone. Xhaka is not expected to be the main defender in midfield and the main attacker. So he has reached the level with our fans that as long as he hits few good long balls, he has done well

The formation was to allow him and Ramsey to play together as in a 4-2-3-1 neither did enough defensive work. He'd be fine with a good DM next to him, problem is Wenger won't sign one!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:45 pm

gooney wrote:We changed formation mainly because of him. I think we conceded 3 goals in 4 games in row and the midfield offered no protection to the defense. Yes the defense is not good enough either. But with this formation it protects him more than anyone. Xhaka is not expected to be the main defender in midfield and the main attacker. So he has reached the level with our fans that as long as he hits few good long balls, he has done well

Never seen us concede 3 goals in 4 games in a row
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby BS221B » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:46 pm

gooney lives in his world where Ryo Miyaichi is a key player for Arsenal, dont mind what he says.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football