Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka

Postby gooney » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:06 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Arsenal refuse to pay asking price

Now I'm convinced there might be something in it

True story. 14 years ago I was living in a hostel just came to UK. In my first week I started to get to know this guy in my hostel. He said one day come with me. He took me to a massage place, basically it was a hidden whore house. I didn't know what's was going on, as soon as we entered the house this chicks says to him, did you bring any money. He's like come on let's talk. She says no show me the money and he's like come on I pay the next time. I'm just confused and we ge kicked out. This guy went to a whore house with no money trying to get sex and say he will pay next time. This remodel me of us going to glabach and knowing we won't pay anything they want. Why bother them? As soon as I saw the figures I knew this was bull
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Big17 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:35 am

BILD are reporting we've agreed the a deal.

£35 million and £110k per week.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Palin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:36 am

Palin
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:53 am

Even if this is true I'm so demoralized by this season that I don't give a f**k anymore.

Signing him at least 12 months late
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby dolan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:22 pm

Pudpop wrote:Even if this is true I'm so demoralized by this season that I don't give a f**k anymore.

Signing him at least 12 months late

He probably would have been cheaper by a few million as well.
dolan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenio Wenger » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Better late than never. This guy provides the combination of strength and deep lying playmaking we've been lacking.
Arsenio Wenger
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby dolan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:58 pm

Arsenio Wenger wrote:Better late than never. This guy provides the combination of strength and deep lying playmaking we've been lacking.

And the tendency to get carded each game is something the Flamster will be proud of.
dolan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooney » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:06 pm

We go after this guy while Chelsea go after Kante. I know we need this guy for his areal ability because we are already the shortest team with Giroud and Mertesacker. And take them out we could very well be the shortest team in Europe
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby dolan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:17 pm

gooney wrote:We go after this guy while Chelsea go after Kante. I know we need this guy for his areal ability because we are already the shortest team with Giroud and Mertesacker. And take them out we could very well be the shortest team in Europe

Have you seen how short the Barcelona team is? Doesn't stop them from dominating though. The "lump it to tall forward" tactic is so overrated. It's perfectly fine to have short players because it's technique and passing skills that will get you far. The only one in our midfield that has sublime technique and passing/crossing skills is Ozil and to a lesser extent Cazorla. Ramsey can't pass for shit, Wilshere is a crock so he maybe averages 1-2 passes per season, Elneny and Coquelin are hardly passers themselves. Ox en Sanchez also have shit passing skills eventho the latter has good technique.

If you can't pass a damn ball, you're going to get dominated in midfield. Having tall players there helps but in no means is that crucial to a dominating midfield. Makekele was barely any taller than Kante and, like Kante, he was bossing the midfield.
dolan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:19 pm

gooney wrote:We go after this guy while Chelsea go after Kante. I know we need this guy for his areal ability because we are already the shortest team with Giroud and Mertesacker. And take them out we could very well be the shortest team in Europe

think we need a xhaka more than a kante though tbf

i don't think there's another 'top' team that players with a destroyer like Coq in the middle. realistically a disciplined midfield two who are comfortable on the ball could do the trick for us and we might actually start to control games for once.

Xhaka & Elnenny together in the middle could actually be a pretty good duo
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Sims » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:22 pm

bin ramsey and we're laughing lads
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby gooney » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:52 pm

dolan wrote:

Have you seen how short the Barcelona team is? Doesn't stop them from dominating though. The "lump it to tall forward" tactic is so overrated. It's perfectly fine to have short players because it's technique and passing skills that will get you far. The only one in our midfield that has sublime technique and passing/crossing skills is Ozil and to a lesser extent Cazorla. Ramsey can't pass for shit, Wilshere is a crock so he maybe averages 1-2 passes per season, Elneny and Coquelin are hardly passers themselves. Ox en Sanchez also have shit passing skills eventho the latter has good technique.

If you can't pass a damn ball, you're going to get dominated in midfield. Having tall players there helps but in no means is that crucial to a dominating midfield. Makekele was barely any taller than Kante and, like Kante, he was bossing the midfield.

Barcelona has the rgeatest player of all time. And now they have added second and 3rd best forward in the world. We are not barca and is not close. Size matters when you dont have the ability to dominate. we have teams like sunderland and newcastle coming to our ground and dominating us and you have the nerve to mention barca in the same sentence as us?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:53 pm

gooney wrote:
dolan wrote:

Barcelona has the rgeatest player of all time. And now they have added second and 3rd best forward in the world. We are not barca and is not close. Size matters when you dont have the ability to dominate. we have teams like sunderland and newcastle coming to our ground and dominating us and you have the nerve to mention barca in the same sentence as us?

This. Also worth adding Barcelona's set piece defending has been their major weakness for years.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby gooney » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:01 pm

Sims wrote:

i don't think there's another 'top' team that players with a destroyer like Coq in the middle. realistically a disciplined midfield two who are comfortable on the ball could do the trick for us and we might actually start to control games for once.

I think we need size. The only reason we have to play mertesacker and giroud is we have fecked up with the squad we built. With everything at Arsenal it seems compensating for errors. I take Xhaka, A DM with size who is good in the air is important. I do believe Kante is better player though
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:04 pm

gooney wrote:
Sims wrote:

I think we need size. The only reason we have to play mertesacker and giroud is we have fecked up with the squad we built. With everything at Arsenal it seems compensating for errors. I take Xhaka, A DM with size who is good in the air is important. I do believe Kante is better player though

Xhaka isn't exactly a man mountain but 6ft1 is a good start with him especially with his strength & aggressiveness. Partner him with either Elnenny/Ramsey/Coq you've got two players who are just over/below 6 ft playing at all times in the middle of the pitch

Bring in Zlatan and you've also got a 6 ft 5 monster up front whose actually a quality striker too

we can dream
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to World Football