Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby north bank gooner » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:13 am

Unreal Gooners still sticking up for Xhaka. I sometimes wonder if this is an Arsenal forum......

Xhaka is utter dogshit.
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:17 am

He's not good enough.

Second rate player. Good enough for Burnley or Huddersfield.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:33 am

What a shot.

Aubameyang.

“Sadly, we were not able to deal with them well. I feel like we are literally giving goals to the opposition, it is up to us to progress in that respect…

“I don’t want to accuse anyone, you could say that us the attackers could have killed the game off and score a third goal, so I am not going to say it is someone’s fault.

:sneaky2: :)
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:42 am

Power n Glory wrote:What a shot.

Aubameyang.

“Sadly, we were not able to deal with them well. I feel like we are literally giving goals to the opposition, it is up to us to progress in that respect…

“I don’t want to accuse anyone, you could say that us the attackers could have killed the game off and score a third goal, so I am not going to say it is someone’s fault.

He's talking about Emery?

Didn't Unai say that we needed a third goal and it didn't come?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:52 am

Angelito wrote:

Aubameyang.

That like a subtle dig at Xhaka when he said 'nobody talks about the missed chances' after the Spurs game.

But if Unai said we needed a third goal.....what?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:11 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Aubameyang.

That like a subtle dig at Xhaka when he said 'nobody talks about the missed chances' after the Spurs game.

Arsenal boss Unai Emery was also left frustrated by the result but was quick to give Watford their just dues.

He said: “They pushed us, Watford last year played like today. We were up in the first half and we knew that we needed to score the third. They had the capacity to come back with the supporters and that's what happened.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... eague-News
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:17 am

Angelito wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Aubameyang.

Arsenal boss Unai Emery was also left frustrated by the result but was quick to give Watford their just dues.

He said: “They pushed us, Watford last year played like today. We were up in the first half and we knew that we needed to score the third. They had the capacity to come back with the supporters and that's what happened.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... eague-News

WTF. The guy is a clown. It was a comfortable 2-0 lead.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Goonerz wrote:
Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49708521

Got to say, the team is mirroring their captain

Emery has a hell of a job on.

Imagine The Arsenal being scared of a Watford team that has not won a single game since the season started. They had accumulated a massive 1 points before yesterday.

And our captain says we were scared. How are we then going to fare away to City, Chelsea, Spuds, United, etc if the likes of 1 point Watford were terrifying us?

The whole club just seems to have taken on a loser weak mentality for more than a decade.

Now even the new players we sign each season change their attitude and become cowards once they come to Arsenal.

This weak / loser mentality seems to be ingrained in our psyche since we moved to the Emirates in 2006.

Sad.

Yup this mentality was a problem long before Emery was on the scene. It's one of the reasons I said he had a massive job on his hands. Hopefully he can turn it around
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:36 pm

We've got a mutiny at Arsenal. Players blatantly disobeying the head coach's instructions. Good.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:41 pm

Hopefully this is enough to drop Xhaka for blatantly ignoring emery instructions. Who does he think he is? Kepa?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby BS221B » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:53 pm

All of sudden Xhaka got my respect for calling out Emery's bullshit tactics.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zanatos3 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:26 pm

But a Proper Captain would demand that they give the ball to him, help the defense out, make them self available, but he knows he's slow, turns like a Tortoise in labour, & avoids the responsibilty, so most the time its Guendouzi who Makes sure he's not under pressure, moves into space infront of the defender & demands the ball....a frigging 20yr old. Thats Arsenal for ya!
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:24 am

Angelito wrote:

Aubameyang.

That definitely sounds like a criticism of Emery's cowardly tactics.

As a striker you are not going to be happy when you have already scored two in the game but with 30 minutes left n the match and score 2-1, your manager takes your supporting attacking players off the pitch.

If Emery keeps up with his non sense, he is going to lose his players before the end of the season
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:13 am

Been waiting to calm down to say something about his after match talk at watford
As club captain and man wearing the armband on the feild and coming out with the we were scared comment, it's unfortunate that Arsenal employs such fragile personalities,
I see a captain as
-The person 1st on a team sheet
- The voice of the team on feild in communication with the ref
-the person who has input into a managers tactics (the teams voice)and as such able to tell a player such as leno to start playing long.
The comments he came out with not only dont install any confidence but are out right stupid do these guys get no media advice at all
If this man is not replaced as club captain or come out and apologize to fans, he and Emery should go
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Holdini » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Emery on xhaka after todays game: "For me he is a very important player. He is improving."

:rofll:
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to World Football