Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:31 am

Dejan wrote:It is a coincidence because xhaka is f***ing shit

He costed us alot of f***ing goals and points. You are going overboard with the statistic

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Remember I have said Xhaka being our most important midfielders really sums up how shit our midfield is. I don't think he's shit, he's flawed of course but he's not shit.

If we were actually good he'd be a rotation player with a strong voice and vice captain to a born warrior.

But are a bunch of pretentious wusses so Xhaka really is that important.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:27 am

Our next captain, just wait and see.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Dejan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:21 am

elkanofan wrote:

He costed us alot of f***ing goals and points. You are going overboard with the statistic

Remember I have said Xhaka being our most important midfielders really sums up how shit our midfield is. I don't think he's shit, he's flawed of course but he's not shit.

If we were actually good he'd be a rotation player with a strong voice and vice captain to a born warrior.

I think the lockdown has made u forgot how shit xhaka is. He really is shit and should never start

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:11 am

Dejan wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

I think the lockdown has made u forgot how shit xhaka is. He really is shit and should never start

Arguing that Xhaka is one of our best players, or even half-decent, is like saying Eric Trump is the best Trump.

Someone posted on Reddit that Xhaka's gone from being our worst midfielder to our best midfielder without improving one bit. Says it all.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:17 am

Played in the correct role Torreira is light years ahead of Xhaka, Luiz in midfield would probably be as well.

As for his passing, it’s overrated, he rarely delivers a pass of note, most of his passes are negative 5 yard side wards or backwards passes.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:19 pm

2 for 2 Dejan !! Have you been body-snatched ???

I totally agree.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:21 pm

Özim wrote:Played in the correct role Torreira is light years ahead of Xhaka, Luiz in midfield would probably be as well.

As for his passing, it’s overrated, he rarely delivers a pass of note, most of his passes are negative 5 yard side wards or backwards passes.

Exactly this. His speed of movement and of thought are slow, no good to be a decent CM. Xhaka really is not very good at all, his range of passing is very limited too.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:26 pm

Mediocre at best.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:42 pm

tbf before taking the armband he did well vs Sheff Utd.

same like Musti and Luiz though, always a f**k up in em.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:56 am

Dejan wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Lol i really don't care pre or post covid man. There are aspects to his game i like and appreciate even when everyone hates him.

One thing you should know about me is I never get swayed by crowds.

Like i said remember I agree he should be sold. This is why I'm making my point. We can't bring in some prissy muppet as a replacement. That's the most important thing.

Özim wrote:Played in the correct role Torreira is light years ahead of Xhaka, Luiz in midfield would probably be as well.

Torreria is just as flawed as Xhaka. People just like him more because he made a much better impression and hasn't made any big high profile mistakes in his two years compared to Xhaka in his first 2 years.

Torreria cannot organise shit, he doesn't have game management. I know its because his English is crap but even if he spoke English he don't seem like the leader type. He's good at doing his job at tackling, decent range passing and the odd runs forward to support. He's not a leader, he's a order follower. Doesn't really have any major standout qualities bar interceptions, his positioning can be very good but he's a very system dependent, hence what i said about maturity and game management off the ball.

He can't play the holding role by himself, a number of times already he's been overrun, got emotional and lost his bearings in games. I view him better than i do Xhaka to stay because he's young, can still improve a bit, didn't swear at fans having a big hissy fit and is a good quality player but he's no better than Xhaka, just more likeable.

Torreria like Xhaka and Matteo would benefit with a proper attacking mid ahead of any combination of them.

None of these players are even near elite world class anyway. They are all very flawed. Angelito is correct, its like picking who's the best Trump or which Trump is the least orange.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:18 pm

We lack a DM, not an AM. Xhaka is not a DM or a DLP he's a box to box midfielder.

Vieira needed a Gilberto/Petit type next to him. Thats why his days were numbered when Cesc came through.

Put Xhaka next to a player who does the dirty work in midfield and covers the defensive shiftbl and Xhaka would be much more comfortable imo. We need an alex song more than a cazorla.

I'd like to see xhaka next to partey next season. I bet he'd be transformed, as would our defence with more protection.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:24 pm

elkanofan wrote:

Torreria is just as flawed as Xhaka. People just like him more because he made a much better impression and hasn't made any big high profile mistakes in his two years compared to Xhaka in his first 2 years.

Torreria cannot organise shit, he doesn't have game management. I know its because his English is crap but even if he spoke English he don't seem like the leader type. He's good at doing his job at tackling, decent range passing and the odd runs forward to support. He's not a leader, he's a order follower. Doesn't really have any major standout qualities bar interceptions, his positioning can be very good but he's a very system dependent, hence what i said about maturity and game management off the ball.

He can't play the holding role by himself, a number of times already he's been overrun, got emotional and lost his bearings in games. I view him better than i do Xhaka to stay because he's young, can still improve a bit, didn't swear at fans having a big hissy fit and is a good quality player but he's no better than Xhaka, just more likeable.

Torreria like Xhaka and Matteo would benefit with a proper attacking mid ahead of any combination of them.

None of these players are even near elite world class anyway. They are all very flawed. Angelito is correct, its like picking who's the best Trump or which Trump is the least orange.

Everything about your post is wrong. Torreira was one of the best players in the World Cup and was rated as a top DM when we bought him. He is a DM and should be judged as a DM. When played as a DM he is a fantastic player. you are judging him as a traditional CM when it is obvious that is NOT what he is. Yes he can play the holding role by himself because he has done so, the issue at Arsenal is, we are so porous all over the pitch that ANY DM would become overwhelmed. Once we get some discipline and better defensive organisation a DM won't get pulled here there and everywhere, covering for people - which is currently the case at Arsenal. We look like conceding from every counter attack from any part of the pitch.

To compare him to Xhaka is a piss take, Xhaka is good at nothing at all - he has a blockbuster shot and thats it - which is no good to us when he spends 95% of his time in our half.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:31 pm

I don't see any benefit in keeping Xhaka. His footballing capabilities are rather limited, don't wish to reiterate those. His positives are, his robust health and ability to recover quickly, and a good long range shot( which he rarely uses).
He's mostly a liability because he needs support all round him, for example, an intelligent ball player, adept passer and finally a better tackler , interceptor and anticipator.
When he came in, we thought he would be a better version of Song, but after four seasons, those have long faded.
He's fit for slower leagues or lower leagues, but not at AFC, if we wish to stay competitive.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby themessiah » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:22 pm

theHotHead wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Everything about your post is wrong. Torreira was one of the best players in the World Cup and was rated as a top DM when we bought him. He is a DM and should be judged as a DM. When played as a DM he is a fantastic player. you are judging him as a traditional CM when it is obvious that is NOT what he is. Yes he can play the holding role by himself because he has done so, the issue at Arsenal is, we are so porous all over the pitch that ANY DM would become overwhelmed. Once we get some discipline and better defensive organisation a DM won't get pulled here there and everywhere, covering for people - which is currently the case at Arsenal. We look like conceding from every counter attack from any part of the pitch.

To compare him to Xhaka is a piss take, Xhaka is good at nothing at all - he has a blockbuster shot and thats it - which is no good to us when he spends 95% of his time in our half.

You are a good poster HH but we gotta disagree here

I dont even like the brother Xhaka. The issue is he is our best DM we have by a country mile. It’s not even close. We lose more than we win when Xhaka is out of the team. Look at the stats. But everyone on here think people Guendouzi and are Torreira better .

He is a better option than Guendouz because he covers the defenders better and distributes the ball better as well.

Xhaka has a better work-rate than Guendouzi and keeps the ball moving, which is what's required for the midfield. Guendouzi has talent and flair no doubt, but he doesn't pass the ball ahead and make enough key passes that lead to chances like Xhaka does.

Also I’m curious to see why everyone on here still rates Torreira.

Not mobile enough, weak on the ball, can’t get around and put in enough tackles and too lightweight. Also has a bad habit of pushing too far forward and leaving us exposed. Very average in my opinion.

Our midfield deadd tbf only positive about the other mids(Willock etc) is they’re young apart from xhaka that’s it
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:12 pm

theHotHead wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Everything about your post is wrong. Torreira was one of the best players in the World Cup

So what? Remember Ilhan Manziz for Turkey in 2002 World Cup?

Remember how good Kleberson was in that World Cup also?

Roque Junior wasan't too bad in that World Cup either.

and was rated as a top DM when we bought him.

Again, so what, he's been good here but he's still flawed and had a number of very poor performances to show he's really not better than Xhaka, he's just more likeable because he's not sworn at fans and had high profile mistakes he has since been heavily scapegoated as the core to most of our problema.

He is a DM and should be judged as a DM. When played as a DM he is a fantastic player.

He 'CAN' be fantastic at DM. He can also be f***ing hopeless like in his past 2 visits to Anfield (5-5), (5-1).

you are judging him as a traditional CM when it is obvious that is NOT what he is.

No, I'm judging him at DM. You have to partner him with another bigger, powerful box to box player. He can get overwhelmed at times alone at DM. Hes not got great technique. He really is a little angry Staf rather than a pitbul or bulldog.

Yes he can play the holding role by himself because he has done so, the issue at Arsenal is, we are so porous all over the pitch that ANY DM would become overwhelmed. Once we get some discipline and better defensive organisation a DM won't get pulled here there and everywhere, covering for people - which is currently the case at Arsenal. We look like conceding from every counter attack from any part of the pitch.

Lol FFS its like i have to repeat what I say because you don't argue with the actual text I write, you argue with emotion.

Xhaka is the only midfielder we have who understands discipline and has the leadership to organise us, hence why we have only won 1 game without him the league. Everyone else including Torreria run around like headless chickens

Torreria has to be instructed and told his role, he's not a leader, he's a very good player who needs clarity and the right system for him to work well in. In the right system he could be much better and more effective in time than Xhaka but in ability he's the same level, if not worse for now, he still has time to grow.

I like Torreria but people ignore his limits because they like him and he's popular.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football