Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby lol » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Goonerz wrote:
lol wrote:Xhaka has done pretty well in helping our team move the ball out from defense to attack. If he can improve on his concentration and hold the ball better when under pressure, he can become the next Carrick or Alonso

What does Xhaka really add to the team? I have watched the guy since he has been here and I can’t point to a single game where he stood out. What strengths does he bring to the team? May be his once in a while long ranging passes when is is given time, space and not peessured.
He seems to be slow, lacks concentration at times, can’t defend, can’t control games etc..

Didn't I just say he's good at moving the ball out from defense to attack? It's not just his long balls. It's the accuracy and weigh of his passes that made him a starter for so many games. Without him, we have a problem with distribution and transition from back to front
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby Zenith » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:10 am

His good side

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:20 am

Worse than Denilson, but ttbf he signed at a time when Arsenal players weere expected to have standards.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby yadunoe » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:25 am

aniym wrote:Worse than Denilson, but ttbf he signed at a time when Arsenal players weere expected to have standards.

I think hes an ok player under the right manager and partner in midfield maybe torry will get the best out of him but we will have to see .
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goonerz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:26 am

lol wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
lol wrote:Xhaka has done pretty well in helping our team move the ball out from defense to attack. If he can improve on his concentration and hold the ball better when under pressure, he can become the next Carrick or Alonso

What does Xhaka really add to the team? I have watched the guy since he has been here and I can’t point to a single game where he stood out. What strengths does he bring to the team? May be his once in a while long ranging passes when is is given time, space and not peessured.
He seems to be slow, lacks concentration at times, can’t defend, can’t control games etc..

Didn't I just say he's good at moving the ball out from defense to attack? It's not just his long balls. It's the accuracy and weigh of his passes that made him a starter for so many games. Without him, we have a problem with distribution and transition from back to front

We finished 5th and 6th. Before he joined we must have definitely been even worst / terrible than were today, were we a struggling mid table club that was finishing in 10th or below etc?. And once Xhaka came in he sorted us out and took us from mid table to 5th and 6th. Right? Isn’t it? Smh
Each and every single current Arsenal player has been a disaster (apart from the new guys like Auba, Laca, Mkhi etc, may be Monreal too, and he too is about 50/50). They all need to step up and prove themselves to the new manager or be benched or moved on there after.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby lol » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Goonerz wrote:
lol wrote:
Goonerz wrote:

We finished 5th and 6th. Before he joined we must have definitely been even worst / terrible than were today, were we a struggling mid table club that was finishing in 10th or below etc?. And once Xhaka came in he sorted us out and took us from mid table to 5th and 6th. Right? Isn’t it? Smh
Each and every single current Arsenal player has been a disaster (apart from the new guys like Auba, Laca, Mkhi etc, may be Monreal too, and he too is about 50/50). They all need to step up and prove themselves to the new manager or be benched or moved on there after.

Huh? What are you talking about? Care to make some sense?
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:07 pm

28/1 on him getting sent off
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Godlop » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:09 pm

All of our players have been shit in the WC so far.

Granit for MotM
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Godlop wrote:All of our players have been shit in the WC so far.

Granit for MotM
*Lichsteiner
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Fine with a game plan
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Guy just destroyed Brazil.

Nah.

Had the same issue he has with us - except he's surrounded by players who work hard and a system that involves a lot of drilling.

4-1-4-1 seems to be the best of all worlds for us.

Cech
Bellerin - CB - CB - Monreal
Xhaka
Ozil - Torreira - Ramsey - Mkhi
Auba

Alternatively, 4-3-1-2 if we want to go two up top.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Manoban » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Behrami carried him tbh. Should've gotten a yellow in the 1st 10 mins, would've probably been send off if he did
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Yago » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Pretty anonymous performance but not bad. Behrami was great.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby coach8smallball » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:48 pm

he was Switzerland for sure. didn't do anything bad to hurt the team, and didn't do anything good to help the team.....
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:03 pm

We really screwed up with this player.

I would never sanction paying so much for a player without a detailed job description, what does this guy actually do apart from just be a body in midfield?

If we had Torriea & N'Zonzi with Ramsey that would be such a better midfield.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football