Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Est83 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Said it before, will say it again. A liability when defending, slow in transition and ultimately isolates the attackers during breaks, poor range of passing leading to a static midfield. I was encouraged when he came because he was described as a player that operates like a hardman version of Xavi Alonso... I heard this and got a wet tip! But in reality he's just a clumsy, slow, red-card-waiting-to-happen, barren minded buffoon whose role it seems is just to be an uninventive passenger, because every team needs one!

He literally does nothing. Need shot of him pronto!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:55 pm

minus player at end of day we need better
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Emeryates » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:06 pm

Zenith wrote:
Emeryates wrote:Our fans have decided he's shit, so they'll ignore every good thing he does.

That's an outright lie.

I've decided a long time ago that he doesn't have the tools to be a starter for a club that aspires a top 4 finish in the Premier League. That didn't stop me earlier today from praising him for his fine pass to set up Nketiah. Just like that hasn't stopped me from praising him in the past whilst simultaneously being one of his critics. The same applies to numerous Arsenal fans who are more than capable of praising a player they don't particularly rate.

Stop painting everyone with the same brush.

Not you, Zenith, but the majority, including Angelito at times over Ozil and Emery. I get not liking Emery, but some people accept every news that paints him in a terrible light
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:08 pm

You know what paints him in a terrible light?

Him playing football.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Emeryates » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:26 pm

StLGooner wrote:You know what paints him in a terrible light?

Him playing football.

I was talking about Emery there.

As for Xhaka, he's our most progressive passing midfielder. Torriera, Elneny, Maitland Niles, Guendouzi are not good at passing forwards. Couple of them make runs forward, but no progressive passing.
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Yago » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Emeryates wrote:

Him playing football.

As for Xhaka, he's our most progressive passing midfielder. Torriera, Elneny, Maitland Niles, Guendouzi are not good at passing forwards. Couple of them make runs forward, but no progressive passing.

That's just not true. Both Guendouzi and Torreira play the ball forward more often than Xhaka does.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:35 pm

aniym wrote:the role of the Captain's armband has been largely shambolic at Arsenal for years now so I can't really say I care.

I fixed it for you.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Emeryates wrote:Our fans have decided he's shit, so they'll ignore every good thing he does. For good or for bad, he's still the most complete CM at the club. And yes, he's better than Torriera

Total bullcocks !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Emeryates wrote:

Him playing football.

My bad.

Even if that's true, which I could care less to argue, you know we need better than him right? You at least agree on that I hope.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Fenice wrote:He isn't suited for the PL. That doesn't make him a bad player, it just means he needs to play in another league.

He is not a bad player, neither is he a good player.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Emeryates » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:43 pm

Yago wrote:
Emeryates wrote:

Him playing football.

That's just not true. Both Guendouzi and Torreira play the ball forward more often than Xhaka does.

Stats say otherwise, and Guendouzi's passing is dreadful, and his concentration worse than Xhaka's.

StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:

Him playing football.

My bad.

Even if that's true, which I could care less to argue, you know we need better than him right? You at least agree on that I hope.

Yes, but Mustafi, Ozil, and lack of wingers are a far bigger issue.
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:23 pm

Yago wrote:
Emeryates wrote:

Him playing football.

No-one tops Granit for deep progressions in our squad

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:58 am

Emeryates wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Emeryates wrote:Our fans have decided he's shit, so they'll ignore every good thing he does.

That's an outright lie.

I've decided a long time ago that he doesn't have the tools to be a starter for a club that aspires a top 4 finish in the Premier League. That didn't stop me earlier today from praising him for his fine pass to set up Nketiah. Just like that hasn't stopped me from praising him in the past whilst simultaneously being one of his critics. The same applies to numerous Arsenal fans who are more than capable of praising a player they don't particularly rate.

Stop painting everyone with the same brush.

Not you, Zenith, but the majority, including Angelito at times over Ozil and Emery. I get not liking Emery, but some people accept every news that paints him in a terrible light

:rofll:

And how we flip from taking about Xhaka to making it about Ozil and Emery, without the above being relevant to your initial post. This is such a case of false whataboutism. It's like Donald Trump trying to defend his initial stance by sprouting bs and attacking others on a false ground. I didn't think you'd be this obvious.

If you didn't spend all your time trying to rile people up, or with no intention of adding anything to the conversation, it wouldn't be a good day, would it?

On Xhaka, I don't even criticize him as much as others do, but, I get what you're doing here.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:05 am

Trash player....really dumb, slow and arrogant. Our next captain
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Emeryates » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:45 am

Sims wrote:
Yago wrote:
Emeryates wrote:

Him playing football.

No-one tops Granit for deep progressions in our squad

Thank you for the fact check to dispel the fake thoughts that we have a more progressive midfielder
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to World Football