Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:43 am

jayramfootball wrote:Xhaka is a stubborn turd that refuses to be wiped.
The kind that needs half a roll of toilet paper to get rid of.
I can understand the club holding out for a fair price, but giving him a new contract?
No way.

God damn, I honestly think that you need to go see a gastroenterologist, quick time.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:02 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:Whilst thoughts of acquiring the likes of a Maddison (ideal), Odegaard (feasible) or Isco (intrigue governed by the chaos theory) to be the lynch pin of our creative attacking play in the final third are somewhat exciting and positive, I still don't find myself being dismissive of Xhaka's ability to play the role also.

As I have stated once or twice before during the Swiss's tenure, he is deployed in a completely different role for his national team than he ever has been for us. That he possesses the ability to tread a perfectly weighted pass through the eye of a needle or disguise one enough to make the scarlet pimpernel jealous, should not be in any doubt.

On more than one occasion during Euro 2020, the commentator was in raptures regards some of his passing, especially diagonal balls over the top or putting someone in from around the side of the defence.

Regardless of this however, I am not advocating that we don't continue to acquire fresh new players for the squad and dispense with those accustomed to underachievement and their failure to perform at the required level.

Moreover, I'm inclined to think that if Roma can't afford to stump up the cash we want for him pronto so we can conduct our own transfer dealings, we simply tell them to go fish elsewhere and we just keep him as back-up to be deployed further forward without the same defensive responsibility safe in the knowledge that any issues of losing the ball are in proximity to the opposition goal rather than ours, plus effective defensive cover in midfield would now be behind him to compensate.

I stand by my previous musings, on the basis of Xhaka only being deployed in a more progressive manner further forward of the DM and DLP roles we are more accustomed to him playing and instead be utilised along the lines of how he is for Switzerland which seems to produce the better version of player.

The immediate by product of this unintended retention of his services would be scope to release both Elnenny and Kolasinac for nominal £1-2M fees or even less in the grand scheme of clearing the decks of mediocre players and sub par mentalities marinated in defeat, self doubt and dispair.

Keeping Xhaka as a second, hopefully third choice option in exchange for being able to now jettison Kolasinac and Elnenny would represent a 66% success rate of moving surplus players on, up from the current achievement of 0.00% and diminishing the horde of parasites we are infested with.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:23 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:Whilst thoughts of acquiring the likes of a Maddison (ideal), Odegaard (feasible) or Isco (intrigue governed by the chaos theory) to be the lynch pin of our creative attacking play in the final third are somewhat exciting and positive, I still don't find myself being dismissive of Xhaka's ability to play the role also.

As I have stated once or twice before during the Swiss's tenure, he is deployed in a completely different role for his national team than he ever has been for us. That he possesses the ability to tread a perfectly weighted pass through the eye of a needle or disguise one enough to make the scarlet pimpernel jealous, should not be in any doubt.

On more than one occasion during Euro 2020, the commentator was in raptures regards some of his passing, especially diagonal balls over the top or putting someone in from around the side of the defence.

Regardless of this however, I am not advocating that we don't continue to acquire fresh new players for the squad and dispense with those accustomed to underachievement and their failure to perform at the required level.

Moreover, I'm inclined to think that if Roma can't afford to stump up the cash we want for him pronto so we can conduct our own transfer dealings, we simply tell them to go fish elsewhere and we just keep him as back-up to be deployed further forward without the same defensive responsibility safe in the knowledge that any issues of losing the ball are in proximity to the opposition goal rather than ours, plus effective defensive cover in midfield would now be behind him to compensate.

I stand by my previous musings, on the basis of Xhaka only being deployed in a more progressive manner further forward of the DM and DLP roles we are more accustomed to him playing and instead be utilised along the lines of how he is for Switzerland which seems to produce the better version of player.

The immediate by product of this unintended retention of his services would be scope to release both Elnenny and Kolasinac for nominal £1-2M fees or even less in the grand scheme of clearing the decks of mediocre players and sub par mentalities marinated in defeat, self doubt and dispair.

Keeping Xhaka as a second, hopefully third choice option in exchange for being able to now jettison Kolasinac and Elnenny would represent a 66% success rate of moving surplus players on, up from the current achievement of 0.00% and diminishing the horde of parasites we are infested with.

Xhaka would be ok if he didn't have any responsibility for receiving the ball deep. Most, nearly all, of his regular errors come when he is dispossessed in a dangerous area of the field or tries to play a stupid pass that puts us in immediate danger.
If he would just learn to release the ball quicker he would not be a bad player at all... just don't think he will ever learn though. Even did it again in the friendly vs Chelsea.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby NovaGB » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:16 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:

Xhaka would be ok if he didn't have any responsibility for receiving the ball deep. Most, nearly all, of his regular errors come when he is dispossessed in a dangerous area of the field or tries to play a stupid pass that puts us in immediate danger.
If he would just learn to release the ball quicker he would not be a bad player at all... just don't think he will ever learn though. Even did it again in the friendly vs Chelsea.

He is just not suited to a high pressing physical, quick league, he'd be outstanding in Spain or Italy.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby FrustratedGooner » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:51 pm

I am not even annoyed at Xhaka anymore I am pissed at Arteta. All this means is 90% of the lineup will be the same as last year. Golden opportunity to really start fresh and we missed it. I get the Roma offer was shit but come on ffs
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:13 pm

FrustratedGooner wrote:I am not even annoyed at Xhaka anymore I am pissed at Arteta. All this means is 90% of the lineup will be the same as last year. Golden opportunity to really start fresh and we missed it. I get the Roma offer was shit but come on ffs

I’m pissed at anyone at arsenal who sanctions that xhaka staying and extending his contract is a good idea. Doesn’t anyone at arsenal find the fact that we’ve never qualified for the CL since signing Xhaka strange. At this point it’s no longer a coincidence IMO
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby NovaGB » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:56 pm

So what are we paying this fool now? probably something stupid like 200k a week.

Also, how long until he retires?
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerred » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:05 pm

Has he signed another contract?
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Jedi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:38 pm

Goonerred wrote:Has he signed another contract?

Yes
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby swipe right » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:14 pm

Four year deal signed. See you all in 2026.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:45 pm

FrustratedGooner wrote:I am not even annoyed at Xhaka anymore I am pissed at Arteta. All this means is 90% of the lineup will be the same as last year. Golden opportunity to really start fresh and we missed it. I get the Roma offer was shit but come on ffs

More like 98% of the line up.

But yes I agree, Xhaka wanted to leave, the fans were mutual, then that fk face Arteta wades in and offers the man a new contract.

I don't think I've ever hated an Arsenal manager more than Arteta right now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:20 pm

man like Granit
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:20 pm

Xhaka is the clowns yes man of course he wants to keep him
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:33 pm

No doubt we've signed him to a deal that will make him unsellable just like Willian amd all the others.

He will shoulder the blame if things go south next season. Which they will, as we have the same squad trying the same tactics. He's a human shield for Edu and Arteta's failure.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby akindele1082 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:48 pm

We haven't learned anything at this point. Giving a lengthy contract to player who is almost 30.

I swear his family has to be involved in Black Magic or some Juju shit. I just can't understand this.
akindele1082
Michael Thomas

PreviousNext

Return to World Football