Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Yago wrote:Nasri was great though. We haven't had a better offensive midfielder/ winger since he left.

Sanchez >> Nasri the Dog

being a dog is better than shagging dogs imo

nasri wins
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby LegendaryKeown » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:30 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Yago wrote:Nasri was great though. We haven't had a better offensive midfielder/ winger since he left.

Sanchez >> Nasri the Dog

Where did that guy go? :rofll: :rofll:

Agree though. Sims keeps saying he bangs dogs, but I've heard those who say this about others usually are doing the act themselves.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LMAO » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:58 am

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Sanchez >> Nasri the Dog

Where did that guy go? :rofll: :rofll:

Agree though. Sims keeps saying he bangs dogs, but I've heard those who say this about others usually are doing the act themselves.

Didn't Nasri get banned for doping?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:41 am

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Sims wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Sims wrote:did he or did he not still look like he was running in cement whilst scoring that goal

the answer is yes

Have you seen Xhaka run? He runs like he's in cement with the stadium attached to the cement.

cement boiz

and cesc was literally an attacking midfielder for us. we built our entire system behind him, the season where he scored 15 and assisted like 16 in the league was glorious

Exactly, as I said above, never a DLP, I didn't even name him.

Other than Alonso, I can't think of one DLP in the Premier League.

nope - he was both. At first he was exactly a DLP, long balls up to Adebayor and Henry to put them through on goal is EXACTLY a DLP. Later on he was further up the pitch and thats when he started scoring more goals. Hence why I say he was both for Arsenal.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:45 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Sanchez >> Nasri the Dog

Nasri better for the team and didn't give the ball away. Sanchez a one man wrecking ball who scores more goals. Depends what you are looking for I guess.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:23 am

That game against England was a perfect illustration of the enigma that is Granit Xhaka and finally confirmed that those of us who saw him play some great football for Monchengladbach hadn't just imagined it.

Especially in the first half he was easily the best midfield player on the pitch in my opinion. As has been recognised by the few, he is not a defensive midfielder per se just because he operates from that area of the park but more of a quarter back type. With other midfielder's to carry the bulk of the defensive responsibility along with having defenders worthy of the name behind him, he had the time and space to dictate the play like a midfield general and pinged some excellent balls forward. For those old enough to remember, he reminded me very much of Butch Wilkins, particularly when he was at AC Milan and Rangers.

Unfortunately for the Swiss, that we have now had a glimpse of the potential that is the Guendouzi -Torreira axis for the base of our midfield, not many will see any logic in disrupting that for the sake of shoehorning Xhaka in for one of them instead just so we can once again see some passes that rekindle fond memories of Santi Cazorla.

If anything I hope that performance acts as a catalyst in ending the slump in form and confidence he's endured so that he can at least be a viable option again and quieten down some of the vitriol he receives.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Mess » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:12 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:That game against England was a perfect illustration of the enigma that is Granit Xhaka and finally confirmed that those of us who saw him play some great football for Monchengladbach hadn't just imagined it.

Especially in the first half he was easily the best midfield player on the pitch in my opinion. As has been recognised by the few, he is not a defensive midfielder per se just because he operates from that area of the park but more of a quarter back type. With other midfielder's to carry the bulk of the defensive responsibility along with having defenders worthy of the name behind him, he had the time and space to dictate the play like a midfield general and pinged some excellent balls forward. For those old enough to remember, he reminded me very much of Butch Wilkins, particularly when he was at AC Milan and Rangers.

Unfortunately for the Swiss, that we have now had a glimpse of the potential that is the Guendouzi -Torreira axis for the base of our midfield, not many will see any logic in disrupting that for the sake of shoehorning Xhaka in for one of them instead just so we can once again see some passes that rekindle fond memories of Santi Cazorla.

If anything I hope that performance acts as a catalyst in ending the slump in form and confidence he's endured so that he can at least be a viable option again and quieten down some of the vitriol he receives.

I didn't watch that game. I'm curious to know: What did he do that was SO MUCH better than when he plays for Arsenal?
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:13 pm

This is the Xhaka we signed!

Controller
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Great free kick

Good game
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:57 pm

we'll be fine with him and lucas together for the rest of the campaign. much better when hes not solely shielding the back 4 and can push a bit forward passing between the lines. should reassess our midfield before the start of next season though
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Good goal
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Pudpop wrote:Great free kick

Good game

For a change, it's about time, lets hope he keeps it going. ;)
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby LegendaryKeown » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:57 pm

Him and Torreira seem to be our best midfield duo
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:22 pm

One half decent performance today does not beat 4 good performances from Guendouzi. So Guendouzi is comfortably in front.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby island_gunner » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 pm

What drives me crazy with Xhaka is his misplaced passes and falling over lol

He still was quick to shield the ball and fall over couple times y'day but I honestly can't remember him having his standard give away pass in our third plus it was a good free kick so easily one of his better games.
island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to World Football