Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (29)

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:15 pm

The guys awareness is shocking.

I'm in awe of how inconsistent he is within a 90 minute performance, to the point where at full time I'm not even sure if he's had a great game or an awful one.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:18 pm

ALLCAPS_ wrote:The guys awareness is shocking.

I'm in awe of how inconsistent he is within a 90 minute performance, to the point where at full time I'm not even sure if he's had a great game or an awful one.

Yep, I feel the same about Ramsey. He'll do 2 great things and everyone forgets the rest of his shitty game.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Sims wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Told u all along sims

Need big17 back to admit his xhaka mistake as well

Mesut & KG3 - team bin xhaka from the start :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif: :clap:

Every time I start to hate him he pings a long pass with his left foot and I get lured in again

I can’t help it

That pass from deep to Sanchez that led quite a few passes later to the equaliser.

He's so good at that. Think we should give him time, he's not completely hopeless like Ramsey.

his mistakes that lead to goals against are significantly more than his contributions to goals for and defensive solidity.
i tryna root for him cos he's a goon. but , man... :BangHead:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Got the assist for Monreal goal despite 17 people touching from his shot to the goal
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby CaptGooner » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:11 pm

Really want him to do well but he’s doing his best to have me write him off.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:17 am

Should be made to play vs Norwich and Red Star whilst being dropped for Swansea imo.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Xhaka isn't and wasn't meant to be a defensive midfielder for us. He was brought in to play the deep lying playmaker role when Santi and Jack were both injured and Rambo proved it was detrimental to his natural game which is more box2box. Wenger didn't announce it like that so as to not put a negative slant on Santi's or Jack's future and deflect from not having bought the out and out defensive midfielder we are crying out for.

The endeavour, selflessness and inspiration of a Petit or Gilberto Silva is what allowed for our arrays of talent to prosper and keep us on the front foot and as such defending was kept to a minimum so when called upon looked as good as man u or Chelsea's.

De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling and Sane would not be destroying team's and essentially opposing midfield's without Fernandinho working his bollocks off at the base of that midfield quartet, winning the ball and harrying anyone who dares to get within 40m of their goal. That is not Xhaka's game, give him a proper dm partner to play off and we will get to see the best of it.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:10 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:Xhaka isn't and wasn't meant to be a defensive midfielder for us. He was brought in to play the deep lying playmaker role when Santi and Jack were both injured and Rambo proved it was detrimental to his natural game which is more box2box. Wenger didn't announce it like that so as to not put a negative slant on Santi's or Jack's future and deflect from not having bought the out and out defensive midfielder we are crying out for. The endeavour, selflessness and inspiration of a Petit or Gilberto Silva is what allowed for our arrays of talent to prosper and keep us on the front foot and as such defending was kept to a minimum so when called upon looked as good as man u or Chelsea's. De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling and Sane would not be destroying team's and essentially opposing midfield's without Fernandinho working his bollocks off at the base of that midfield quartet winning the ball and harrying anyone who dares to get within 40m of their goal. That is not Xhaka's game, give him a proper dm partner to play off and we will get to see the best of it.

Spot on!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:Xhaka isn't and wasn't meant to be a defensive midfielder for us. He was brought in to play the deep lying playmaker role when Santi and Jack were both injured and Rambo proved it was detrimental to his natural game which is more box2box. Wenger didn't announce it like that so as to not put a negative slant on Santi's or Jack's future and deflect from not having bought the out and out defensive midfielder we are crying out for. The endeavour, selflessness and inspiration of a Petit or Gilberto Silva is what allowed for our arrays of talent to prosper and keep us on the front foot and as such defending was kept to a minimum so when called upon looked as good as man u or Chelsea's. De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling and Sane would not be destroying team's and essentially opposing midfield's without Fernandinho working his bollocks off at the base of that midfield quartet winning the ball and harrying anyone who dares to get within 40m of their goal. That is not Xhaka's game, give him a proper dm partner to play off and we will get to see the best of it.

Spot on!

And part of the issue with that, is he can’t do the job he was hired for. Sure he is young, but if we were looking for a Santi replacement, for that money, we could have gotten closer. And honestly, Santi contributed way more defensively than Xhaka does. He doesn’t fit this system and he didn’t fit the system before. He doesn’t fit our team. It was a mistake. Recoup what we can and move on.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Tex Texas » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:23 pm

I think the downfall started after those few stupid red cards and after that i bet wenger told him not to do any tackles so he became scared.
Still i think that he can improve his game and style of play to a higher level.
Whatever the case, its clear that when he joined Arsenal, something went wrong fast, his good long range passes are gone and the ability to tackle well..
Independent Finland 1917-2017 100 Years

coyg
Tex Texas
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Fenice wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:

Spot on!

And part of the issue with that, is he can’t do the job he was hired for. Sure he is young, but if we were looking for a Santi replacement, for that money, we could have gotten closer. And honestly, Santi contributed way more defensively than Xhaka does. He doesn’t fit this system and he didn’t fit the system before. He doesn’t fit our team. It was a mistake. Recoup what we can and move on.

I too do not believe in flogging a dead horse, however, from his early performances and things noted since I do believe there is a damn good player within who should be viewed as an asset not a millstone. Mind you, Utd fans hated having Fellani...and i remember my Chelsea (spit) loving cousin banging on about how shit Salah was...
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:05 am

Troopz and DT coaching Xhaka. :rofll:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:26 pm

as if these bellends actually get to meet the players simply for being massive bellends
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:39 am

You can't coach 'intelligence' we have a whole bunch of players who are naturally gifted in certain areas, sadly speed of thought is not one of them ... Jack, Theo, Aaron, Granit can all play football what they can't do is consistently be in the right position, track the right player, make the right tackle, pick the right pass .... all good players but none will ever be great ....

Players with far less ability but far more brains .... will always do a better job in a good team .... Wonger just keeps buying clones of what we already have .... good players, no brains, easy to manage .... we need fighters not more pussies .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:39 am

EliteKiller wrote:You can't coach 'intelligence' we have a whole bunch of players who are naturally gifted in certain areas, sadly speed of thought is not one of them ... Jack, Theo, Aaron, Granit can all play football what they can't do is consistently be in the right position, track the right player, make the right tackle, pick the right pass .... all good players but none will ever be great ....

Players with far less ability but far more brains .... will always do a better job in a good team .... Wonger just keeps buying clones of what we already have .... good players, no brains, easy to manage .... we need fighters not more pussies .....

Spot on with that. :clap: :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to World Football