The positive energy thread

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Wrist slitting aside, not the worst result considering the variables that were at play.

Still unbeaten for 12 games, plus going by the latest reports both Kolasinac and Monreal could return ahead of the Liverpool game come next Saturday.

Top 4 position still intact providing Spurs either draw or lose to City tomorrow night.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31104
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby DialSquaregooner » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:17 pm

Zenith wrote:Wrist slitting aside.

Not the worst result considering the variables that were at play today.

Still unbeaten plus going by the latest reports both Kolasinac and Monreal could return ahead of the Liverpool game come next Saturday.


As i said in the matchday thread, it was a decent result. we got a point despite not being at our best. No need for us to be losing out shit. I am confident we can get at least a point next weekend
User avatar
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby LMAO » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:53 pm

22 points from the first 10 games. On pace for 83 points in a rebuilding season. If that'd been offered to me before the season began, I would've taken it in a heartbeat.

We're still not where we need to be, but we're in a good position, all things considered.
User avatar
LMAO
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6965
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Angelito » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:31 pm

Zenith wrote:Wrist slitting aside, not the worst result considering the variables that were at play.

Still unbeaten for 12 games, plus going by the latest reports both Kolasinac and Monreal could return ahead of the Liverpool game come next Saturday.

Top 4 position still intact providing Spurs either draw or lose to City tomorrow night.


I'd rather Spurs beat Man City tbh.

Spurs will drop silly points in the course of the season. Can't say City will.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26095
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Jedi » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:24 pm

Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:Wrist slitting aside, not the worst result considering the variables that were at play.

Still unbeaten for 12 games, plus going by the latest reports both Kolasinac and Monreal could return ahead of the Liverpool game come next Saturday.

Top 4 position still intact providing Spurs either draw or lose to City tomorrow night.


I'd rather Spurs beat Man City tbh.

Spurs will drop silly points in the course of the season. Can't say City will.

Completely disagree with this. We're not in contention for the league and we're in a direct duel with Spurs for that top 4 spot.
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:28 pm

Need City to lose asap. Don't want them to be having thoughts of going unbeaten although the attempt last year was hilariously shit
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11930
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Jedi wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:Wrist slitting aside, not the worst result considering the variables that were at play.

Still unbeaten for 12 games, plus going by the latest reports both Kolasinac and Monreal could return ahead of the Liverpool game come next Saturday.

Top 4 position still intact providing Spurs either draw or lose to City tomorrow night.


I'd rather Spurs beat Man City tbh.

Spurs will drop silly points in the course of the season. Can't say City will.

Completely disagree with this. We're not in contention for the league and we're in a direct duel with Spurs for that top 4 spot.

Game 10 in 01/02 we drew 3-3 at home to Blackburn to an 89th min goal
We were 4th
A point behind Aston villa
2 points behind man Utd
4 points behind Leeds
We won a double that season
We are in a title race this
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11479
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Jedi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:06 am

starmandb wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:Wrist slitting aside, not the worst result considering the variables that were at play.

Still unbeaten for 12 games, plus going by the latest reports both Kolasinac and Monreal could return ahead of the Liverpool game come next Saturday.

Top 4 position still intact providing Spurs either draw or lose to City tomorrow night.


I'd rather Spurs beat Man City tbh.

Spurs will drop silly points in the course of the season. Can't say City will.

Completely disagree with this. We're not in contention for the league and we're in a direct duel with Spurs for that top 4 spot.

Game 10 in 01/02 we drew 3-3 at home to Blackburn to an 89th min goal
We were 4th
A point behind Aston villa
2 points behind man Utd
4 points behind Leeds
We won a double that season
We are in a title race this

We had Adams, Keown, Sol Campbell as defenders. Now we have Mustafi.

We had Vieira, now we have Xhaka.

Along with that we also had the likes of Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Ljunberg.

Different kind of team. I'd love to be proven wrong, but even getting into top 4 won't be an easy task at all.
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:22 am

Ach wrote:Need City to lose asap. Don't want them to be having thoughts of going unbeaten although the attempt last year was hilariously shit


You mean when they only lost one game during the time you was telling us Pep wouldn't win the league?

Oh.
SuperJackyWilshere
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2669
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:45 am

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:23 am

Jedi wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:Wrist slitting aside, not the worst result considering the variables that were at play.

Still unbeaten for 12 games, plus going by the latest reports both Kolasinac and Monreal could return ahead of the Liverpool game come next Saturday.

Top 4 position still intact providing Spurs either draw or lose to City tomorrow night.


I'd rather Spurs beat Man City tbh.

Spurs will drop silly points in the course of the season. Can't say City will.

Completely disagree with this. We're not in contention for the league and we're in a direct duel with Spurs for that top 4 spot.

Game 10 in 01/02 we drew 3-3 at home to Blackburn to an 89th min goal
We were 4th
A point behind Aston villa
2 points behind man Utd
4 points behind Leeds
We won a double that season
We are in a title race this

We had Adams, Keown, Sol Campbell as defenders. Now we have Mustafi.

We had Vieira, now we have Xhaka.

Along with that we also had the likes of Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Ljunberg.

Different kind of team. I'd love to be proven wrong, but even getting into top 4 won't be an easy task at all.
Not really fair naming all those players and then making the weak spots in this team.

We also have Koscielny and Sokratis who could be ahead of Mustafi in a few weeks time.

We have the current league top scorer, two record breaking attacking mids, Laca who's finding form and Iwobi who's looking to have a breakout season.

Our team isn't perfect but it's hardly fair to say we can't win the league because of our 2 current weakest starters.
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby PairyGrows » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:00 am

In some sense I'm glad the 11-game winning streak is over. It should temper the expectations and remind us that we're still a long way from being title challengers. In fact, we're probably not a top four team yet either.

Why am I saying this? Because we need to understand where we are as a team. We must not have inflated expectations about Emery. He isn't a magician who will jump in and lift us from the chasm right away. He needs 3-5 seasons to fully implement his ideas, and we shouldn't forget that.

Let's enjoy the season for what it is: a first step on the way back to top four. We're probably not going to be there yet, but that's fine. We have time.
PairyGrows
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:48 am

Yeah. I'm not angry or sad. In fact I think we deserved to lose two points. We are not that great yet. Our winning streak flatters us.
User avatar
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3426
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Indonesia

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby theHotHead » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:49 am

Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:Wrist slitting aside, not the worst result considering the variables that were at play.

Still unbeaten for 12 games, plus going by the latest reports both Kolasinac and Monreal could return ahead of the Liverpool game come next Saturday.

Top 4 position still intact providing Spurs either draw or lose to City tomorrow night.


I'd rather Spurs beat Man City tbh.

Spurs will drop silly points in the course of the season. Can't say City will.

Why, that makes no sense to me !! Our battle is not with City, there is no chance we will win the league, our defence is too pap !! Finishing in the top 4 is a far more realistic goal and that makes Spurs our immediate competition, not City.
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6225
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:56 am

Hate city more than Spurs so easy choice on who I want to win
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11930
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Sydney Gooner » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:34 pm

LMAO wrote:22 points from the first 10 games. On pace for 83 points in a rebuilding season. If that'd been offered to me before the season began, I would've taken it in a heartbeat.

We're still not where we need to be, but we're in a good position, all things considered.


We'll probably need to get that as the bare minimum if we're to win the top 4 trophy this season. Would be phenomenal from Emery in his first season in charge if we were to reach that points total.
User avatar
Sydney Gooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Living the Emerycan Dream

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot], thebigbangtheo and 3 guests