The positive energy thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
RW_0 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
Nejch wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Sims wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Praise Pablo wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:
rammixp wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Cripps wrote:Another game closer to the end of wengers reign.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:46 pm

KDB didn't get an assist. Henry's record might be safe.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:30 pm

IVAN GAZIDIS AND RAUL SANLLEHI ADDRESS FANS FORUM – REPORT

Ivan Gazidis, Mark Gonnella, Raul Sanllehi were in attendance with members of the Fans Forum before today’s game against Watford. Here are some notes from inside the meeting from @the_cannon

Our reporter says, “The general feeling was obviously a few upset people and passionate questions/statements. The message from Ivan is that we do care and want fans to know that and understand our frustrations but are working hard to change.”

IVAN GAZIDIS
It wouldn’t be right for me to talk about the manager today, it wouldn’t be respectful to Arsene Wenger. I hope you understand.

Arsenal staff has doubled over last 3 years. Listing out all the recent recruits including Per to the academy who they believe has great qualities to move the academy forward.

Talking about the complexity of Sanchez swap deal and Aubameyang three-way deals. A lot of investment and change in the squad

Josh Kroenke wanted to be here today but had a charity commitment. Getting involved a lot at the moment trying to get a full understanding of everything Arsenal. Which is causing a bit of controversy in the US that he has decided to put things on hold and have moved to London in order to concentrate on Arsenal.

Ticket sales used to be 40% of revenue when we first moved, now only 20% because of all the other places money comes from.

Talking about knowing Raul Sanllehi from MLS days. Very well known in the industry. Mentioned he has overseen 8 manager changes at Barcelona. Played down the meaning of job titles with respect to ‘Director of Football’.

Saying Raul does a lot more than that across European football. Gives Arsenal a voice/position at the top tables in European football.

RAUL SANLLEHI
Extremely excited about this new project in my life. Very happy to be at the club, one of the top clubs in Europe. A club that everyone looks at. It was a no-brainier to join and very thankful for the opportunity. Someone asked me, ‘Why did I join Arsenal?’ I said, ‘Who wouldn’t!’

When Ivan explained the ideas he has got for the club and the people he wants to bring in, it was impossible to turn it down.

Talked a lot about the great people that Arsenal have who dedicate their lives to the club and there is so much love.

Raul joined Nike in 1996. One goal to bring football to the brand. Arsenal was the number on asset that was chosen at the time. Spent a lot of time at Highbury and has been following them since.

Ivan met with Raul secretly many times to arrange transfers of Cesc, Thomas Vermaelen, Alex Song etc. Raul mentioned Alexis too.

Question from Cape Town Supporters Club about not competing and others overtaking. Strong hint about manager.

Ivan replies:

Fair question. I have no interest in fighting for 5th, 6th, even 4th. We want to compete to win the league. Not going to go into change of manager, it’s not the right forum for that and it’s not respectful. Just because the manager hasn’t changed doesn’t mean there hasn’t been any changes, there have been many and a lot of investment. Recruiting the best people.

Absolutely convinced we can return but acknowledge we’re not in the place we want to be. In a difficult moment. Let’s understand we want the same things. Myself, Raul, Sven and Darren Burgess spend all there time thinking about how to achieve this, working very hard, very capable people.

Won’t take another 5, 6, 7 years to change. Things in football change quicker than that. Look at the fluctuation of Chelsea.

Couple of questions/statements from the room about players not putting in the effort on the field and also not acknowledging the crowd after a defeat

Ivan replies:

I understand your frustrations, I hear you. I have to tell you that the players do care though.

Ivan on finance:

We have to hold back cash for the security of the stadium mortgage with the banks. We’re spending everything we can. However you can see in last two windows breaking our transfer record we have money for investment.

FFP has worked. 6 or 7 years ago clubs across Europe made a total loss of 1.8 billion. Now it’s almost at break even. FFP still investigating transfers, eg Neymar. Clubs still getting banned from Europe, AC Milan may be getting one in the summer.

Source: http://news.arseblog.com/2018/03/ivan-g ... um-report/

Was not sure where else to put this but lots of positive news in there
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby UFGN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:28 pm

^^

I want to believe Ivan but I'm afraid I just don't buy it.

If he's sincere the time to announce Wenger's departure is now. Unless they already have someone in place for next season but that seems unlikely.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:05 pm

UFGN wrote:^^

I want to believe Ivan but I'm afraid I just don't buy it.

If he's sincere the time to announce Wenger's departure is now. Unless they already have someone in place for next season but that seems unlikely.

He probably doesn't want to unsettle the squad while we're still in the EL. My hope is that Gazidis and company already know who's going to replace Wenger and are just waiting for the right time to announce the news.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:08 pm

It's been clear for a while that Ivan wants Wenger out.

I read somewhere a week ago that it was Ivan that wanted to step down at the end of last season to become a DOF.

I don't think they have a very good relationship anymore. We just need Stan to see sense now.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Wenger will see out his contract. They won’t sack him.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:18 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Ivan Gazidis, Mark Gonnella, Raul Sanllehi were in attendance with members of the Fans Forum before today’s game against Watford. Here are some notes from inside the meeting from @the_cannon

Our reporter says, “The general feeling was obviously a few upset people and passionate questions/statements. The message from Ivan is that we do care and want fans to know that and understand our frustrations but are working hard to change.”

IVAN GAZIDIS
It wouldn’t be right for me to talk about the manager today, it wouldn’t be respectful to Arsene Wenger. I hope you understand.

Arsenal staff has doubled over last 3 years. Listing out all the recent recruits including Per to the academy who they believe has great qualities to move the academy forward.

Talking about the complexity of Sanchez swap deal and Aubameyang three-way deals. A lot of investment and change in the squad

Josh Kroenke wanted to be here today but had a charity commitment. Getting involved a lot at the moment trying to get a full understanding of everything Arsenal. Which is causing a bit of controversy in the US that he has decided to put things on hold and have moved to London in order to concentrate on Arsenal.

Ticket sales used to be 40% of revenue when we first moved, now only 20% because of all the other places money comes from.

Talking about knowing Raul Sanllehi from MLS days. Very well known in the industry. Mentioned he has overseen 8 manager changes at Barcelona. Played down the meaning of job titles with respect to ‘Director of Football’.

Saying Raul does a lot more than that across European football. Gives Arsenal a voice/position at the top tables in European football.

RAUL SANLLEHI
Extremely excited about this new project in my life. Very happy to be at the club, one of the top clubs in Europe. A club that everyone looks at. It was a no-brainier to join and very thankful for the opportunity. Someone asked me, ‘Why did I join Arsenal?’ I said, ‘Who wouldn’t!’

When Ivan explained the ideas he has got for the club and the people he wants to bring in, it was impossible to turn it down.

Talked a lot about the great people that Arsenal have who dedicate their lives to the club and there is so much love.

Raul joined Nike in 1996. One goal to bring football to the brand. Arsenal was the number on asset that was chosen at the time. Spent a lot of time at Highbury and has been following them since.

Ivan met with Raul secretly many times to arrange transfers of Cesc, Thomas Vermaelen, Alex Song etc. Raul mentioned Alexis too.

Question from Cape Town Supporters Club about not competing and others overtaking. Strong hint about manager.

Ivan replies:

Fair question. I have no interest in fighting for 5th, 6th, even 4th. We want to compete to win the league. Not going to go into change of manager, it’s not the right forum for that and it’s not respectful. Just because the manager hasn’t changed doesn’t mean there hasn’t been any changes, there have been many and a lot of investment. Recruiting the best people.

Absolutely convinced we can return but acknowledge we’re not in the place we want to be. In a difficult moment. Let’s understand we want the same things. Myself, Raul, Sven and Darren Burgess spend all there time thinking about how to achieve this, working very hard, very capable people.

Won’t take another 5, 6, 7 years to change. Things in football change quicker than that. Look at the fluctuation of Chelsea.

Couple of questions/statements from the room about players not putting in the effort on the field and also not acknowledging the crowd after a defeat

Ivan replies:

I understand your frustrations, I hear you. I have to tell you that the players do care though.

Ivan on finance:

We have to hold back cash for the security of the stadium mortgage with the banks. We’re spending everything we can. However you can see in last two windows breaking our transfer record we have money for investment.

FFP has worked. 6 or 7 years ago clubs across Europe made a total loss of 1.8 billion. Now it’s almost at break even. FFP still investigating transfers, eg Neymar. Clubs still getting banned from Europe, AC Milan may be getting one in the summer.

Read it all and once more

Saw no positives
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Ach wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

IVAN GAZIDIS

RAUL SANLLEHI

Ivan replies:

Ivan replies:

Ivan on finance:

Read it all and once more

Saw no positives

Josh kroenke seems to care more about the club than his father which might turn out to be a good thing if control is handed over to him
Ticket sales is now 20% of revenue instead of 40% which means the club is bringing in more money from other areas
Sanlehi seems to have worked/be familiar with the club and gazidis
Sanlehi apparently will give arsenal a “position at the top tables in European football.”
Gazidis not mentioning Wenger when asked about how to get the club competitive again
Ffp seems to be working
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Ach » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:03 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Josh kroenke seems to care more about the club than his father which might turn out to be a good thing if control is handed over to him
Ticket sales is now 20% of revenue instead of 40% which means the club is bringing in more money from other areas
Sanlehi apparently will give arsenal a “position at the top tables in European football.”
Gazidis not mentioning Wenger when asked about how to get the club competitive again
Ffp seems to be working

He could be a big a c*** as his dad. His dad might not even hand control over.
Yet we still pay the most expensive tickets in the world for little reward
Never heard of him. Don't care who he is
We were at the top tables before he came along. Don't need him to be there again. Get rid of shit manager.
He didn't mention him due to respect. No point did I get the sense he has any intention of letting Wenger go
It really isn't if other clubs buy whoever they want with no risk of punishment. It said in the article clubs had been banned. Which clubs? Some unknown pub club from the reaches of azerbaijan or something. Day it happens to a big club will be the day big clubs break away from UEFA/FIFA and create their own shit thus the powers that be will never do it

Im a naturally positive guy but if im honest, i couldnt care less about any of that, how much money we make etc. What happens on the pitch is all i care about and Wenger deals with that and til hes gone, we are up shit creek without a paddle
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Ach wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Josh kroenke seems to care more about the club than his father which might turn out to be a good thing if control is handed over to him
Ffp seems to be working

He could be a big a c*** as his dad. His dad might not even hand control over.
Yet we still pay the most expensive tickets in the world for little reward
Never heard of him. Don't care who he is
We were at the top tables before he came along. Don't need him to be there again. Get rid of shit manager.
He didn't mention him due to respect. No point did I get the sense he has any intention of letting Wenger go
It really isn't if other clubs buy whoever they want with no risk of punishment. It said in the article clubs had been banned. Which clubs? Some unknown pub club from the reaches of azerbaijan or something. Day it happens to a big club will be the day big clubs break away from UEFA/FIFA and create their own shit thus the powers that be will never do it

Im a naturally positive guy but if im honest, i couldnt care less about any of that, how much money we make etc. What happens on the pitch is all i care about and Wenger deals with that and til hes gone, we are up shit creek without a paddle

I see your point but I don’t think that means some of what Gazidis says isn’t positive. If a sick friend tells you he’ll be alright you respond by saying “that’s good news” or “that’s good to hear” despite not knowing whether he’ll actually be alright.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Ach wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
RW_0 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
Nejch wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Sims wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Praise Pablo wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:
rammixp wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Cripps wrote:Another game closer to the end of wengers reign.

End of this quote

Best in GW history?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:08 am

Really looking forward to the coming months. I have a holiday in the Med in June. The World Cup. A new Arsenal manager. New Arsenal signings. Sunshine and beers.

Couldn't be more positive.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby coach8smallball » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:06 am

Phil71 wrote:Really looking forward to the coming months. I have a holiday in the Med in June. The World Cup. A new Arsenal manager. New Arsenal signings. Sunshine and beers.

Couldn't be more positive.

lucky
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LMAO » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:38 am

4, possibly 5, games left with Wenger as manager.

LEGGO :1990_dancing.gif:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk