The positive energy thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby starmandb » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Last time we suffered such a heavy pre season defeat was in Austria at the hands of Turkish side kocaelispor
4-1
One week later we lost 1-0 at Roma
The summer of 01
That season we won a league and fa cup double
Kocaelispor are in the Turkish 4 th division
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:21 pm

starmandb wrote:Last time we suffered such a heavy pre season defeat was in Austria at the hands of Turkish side kocaelispor
4-1
The summer of 01

That has to be the most Arsenal under Wenger thing ever :rofll:
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:41 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
starmandb wrote:Last time we suffered such a heavy pre season defeat was in Austria at the hands of Turkish side kocaelispor
4-1
The summer of 01

That has to be the most Arsenal under Wenger thing ever :rofll:

Best away season in my 47 years that 01/02
starmandb

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Alexis hasn't left ...

... yet!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zanatos3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:51 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/22/arsenal-m ... d-6799033/

Arsenal make William Carvalho top transfer target in midfield

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/22/arsenal-m ... z4nbCOeHc8
First time i'm on this thread. not a negative guy but i would like change at the club..from top to a long way down...but i hope he does this...this guy is 6ft1 ...a mid field general....player of the youth tournament for 2014 or sumtihng...end of the day expressed interest in playing for Arsenal years ago..only 25...
we need this guy....imagine Carvalho and Coquelin ( When he fully recovers from whatever 3rd world demon is running around insider him)

Have fans saying '5 CC's of adrenaline pls'

or something like that...look he's a true DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER....not a box to box / (really an attacking midfielder)... Viera pls....help us..give us SPINE..
so this season if Wenger has bought a true STRIKER (Lacazette) and a true (DM) to partner Le Coq or whoever....i would not be mad!
MAKE ARSENAL GREAT AGAIN!!!......13 yrs pending.. .. ........ . .. ... ... ... .. .... ...more dots.... :arsenal3:
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:57 pm

William Carvalho and Coquelin in midfield

The death of Wengerball
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ESR10 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Zanatos3 wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/22/arsenal-make-william-carvalho-top-transfer-target-in-midfield-6799033/

First time i'm on this thread. not a negative guy but i would like change at the club..from top to a long way down...but i hope he does this...this guy is 6ft1 ...a mid field general....player of the youth tournament for 2014 or sumtihng...end of the day expressed interest in playing for Arsenal years ago..only 25...
we need this guy....imagine Carvalho and Coquelin ( When he fully recovers from whatever 3rd world demon is running around insider him)

or something like that...look he's a true DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER....not a box to box / (really an attacking midfielder)... Viera pls....help us..give us SPINE..
so this season if Wenger has bought a true STRIKER (Lacazette) and a true (DM) to partner Le Coq or whoever....i would not be mad!
MAKE ARSENAL GREAT AGAIN!!!......13 yrs pending.. .. ........ . .. ... ... ... .. .... ...more dots.... :arsenal3:

He's an inferior version of Xhaka, no thanks
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Zanatos3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:58 pm

its CC's of morphine.......whatever...hope he signs him and doesn't waste his time with no real trophies.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zanatos3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:02 pm

Mustafi wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/22/arsenal-make-william-carvalho-top-transfer-target-in-midfield-6799033/

He's an inferior version of Xhaka, no thanks

Haven't watched him play a full match except Eder winning portugal the EURO's and that one they lost in the semi final this yr...agianst Chile??..Mexico....can't rem...so I really can't say..never watched a league game with him....hoping i wasn't misled by those flashy youtube promo vids....those bastards...
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zedie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 pm

First win of the season

Did it while not having Sanchez or our first 3 cb choices while playing a 3 man defence.

Lacazette off the mark nice and early, no build up of tension, will do wonders to his confidence.

Kolasinac is the real deal.

Giroud fulfilling the super sub prophecy like a legend.

Vardy reminded of why he's a simpleton for turning us down.

Daniel welbecks goal to level before half time has made me laugh as hard as I've laughed in a long while.

Top of the league.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:01 am

Zedie wrote:First win of the season

Did it while not having Sanchez or our first 3 cb choices while playing a 3 man defence.

Lacazette off the mark nice and early, no build up of tension, will do wonders to his confidence.

Kolasinac is the real deal.

Giroud fulfilling the super sub prophecy like a legend.

Vardy reminded of why he's a simpleton for turning us down.

Daniel welbecks goal to level before half time has made me laugh as hard as I've laughed in a long while.

Top of the league.

:clap:

All is well in the Gooner Kingdom

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Chelsea dropped points :dance:
Liverpool dropped points :dance:
Arsenal won points :dance:
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:35 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Chelsea dropped points :dance:
Liverpool dropped points :dance:
Arsenal won points :dance:

+1
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby PairyGrows » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Well, I suppose it's about time I'll write something positive on the forums. Some may take me for a miserable sod - and they're not wrong. However, the positive side of things isn't completely unfamiliar to me either, and even though I don't consider the performance on Friday good, there are positives to be taken away from it as well.

Firstly, it's great to see Lacazette off the mark so quickly. I wasn't convinced by him immediately, but having now had a good look at him in action, he did look the part. He showed off some intelligent movement as well as nifty foot work. Very promising indeed.

Secondly, Kolasinac looked quite good. He was particularly impressive going forward. If anything, I think he'll be a living proof that it's not always necessary to spend big in order to make good signings.

Thirdly, it's always good to get a result even if the performance doesn't necessarily warrant it. Working on the performance is much easier than clawing back a three-points deficit from the get-go, especially if the points are dropped in fixtures you're expected to win.

It feels strange to have written something positive on the Arsenal. I may even get used to it. I think not.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Callum » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:06 am

PairyGrows wrote:Well, I suppose it's about time I'll write something positive on the forums. Some may take me for a miserable sod - and they're not wrong. However, the positive side of things isn't completely unfamiliar to me either, and even though I don't consider the performance on Friday good, there are positives to be taken away from it as well.

Firstly, it's great to see Lacazette off the mark so quickly. I wasn't convinced by him immediately, but having now had a good look at him in action, he did look the part. He showed off some intelligent movement as well as nifty foot work. Very promising indeed.

Secondly, Kolasinac looked quite good. He was particularly impressive going forward. If anything, I think he'll be a living proof that it's not always necessary to spend big in order to make good signings.

Thirdly, it's always good to get a result even if the performance doesn't necessarily warrant it. Working on the performance is much easier than clawing back a three-points deficit from the get-go, especially if the points are dropped in fixtures you're expected to win.

It feels strange to have written something positive on the Arsenal. I may even get used to it. I think not.

:clap:
Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk