The positive energy thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:55 pm

I started a positivity thread a few years ago. Just searched for it but couldn't find it.

Anyway good work Callum for starting another one, this place is far too miserable at times.
Poor game today and with Song leaving there aren't too many positives but at least we can say that Cazorla is already looking like an exciting player and that we didn't miss Song too much today.
Plus AW has already hinted that the money for Song will be reinvested in another midfielder if he can find one before the window closes.
Gervinho is on good form too.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:55 pm

S4cePL wrote:We have been blinded by the "positivity" for far too long. No we are not f***ing getting relegated anytime soon guys so calm the f**k down... but I am sick and tired of settling for 4th place year in year out.. what happened to our club in the last 8 years??? from the invincibles to the incapables. woeful

but being mid table is I suppose positive news to some.. not me

I think you're completely missing the point. There seems to be some sort of warped logic for many members of this forum that being positive means you are content with mediocrity, which simply isn't the case. I want us to compete with the likes of United, City and Chelsea as much as you, and seeing Robin van Persie in the shirt of our rivals makes me sick. This doesn't mean that it's not possible to look for the positives and, heaven forbid, actually try to enjoy supporting Arsenal - because that's what it's all about.

But hey, that's just me. If you feel more comfortable effing and blinding and telling everyone to stop being positive and be miserable, as if being an Arsenal fan is some sort of grim chore, then be my guest - but try not to ruin it for the rest of us, okay?
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Maxduke » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Jay22 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:I was never convinced that cazorla was as good as everyone said. Going by motd he is as good as everyone has been saying!

Try catching the game somewhere if you can. His movement is magical and his ambidexterity is sensational.

Dunno about that Bob, but he can certainly use both feet.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Inchpractice wrote:I started a positivity thread a few years ago. Just searched for it but couldn't find it.

Anyway good work Callum for starting another one, this place is far too miserable at times.
Poor game today and with Song leaving there aren't too many positives but at least we can say that Cazorla is already looking like an exciting player and that we didn't miss Song too much today.
Plus AW has already hinted that the money for Song will be reinvested in another midfielder if he can find one before the window closes.
Gervinho is on good form too.

Thanks buddy.

I'm actually incredibly excited about our attacking options this season. Once Giroud and Podolski settle in, with Cazorla pulling the strings behind them and Walcott and Gervinho causing problems down the wings, I think we'll have a pretty potent attacking force.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Maxduke wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:I was never convinced that cazorla was as good as everyone said. Going by motd he is as good as everyone has been saying!

Try catching the game somewhere if you can. His movement is magical and his ambidexterity is sensational.

Dunno about that Bob, but he can certainly use both feet.

:lol:

Yeah I can't wait to see him after he settles in a bit and isn't coming back from a midweek game halfway around the globe.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby S4cePL » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:59 pm

i try to be positive too but when the club does the same shit year in, year out its really tough to be all smiles. im trying to be more critical of the fact that this club that we love is going in the wrong direction but i guess i come off as though the world is about to end. i just want us to pull our shit together and stop shooting ourselves in the foot every season. it just seems like all the other top clubs are moving in the right direction but we seem to be going backwards or at best, standing still. im sorry for ruining the fun for other, if thats the case, however
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Maxduke wrote:
Callum wrote:
Maxduke wrote:Positivity is delusion.

If you truly believe that then you must lead some miserable life, my friend.

Why?

If you allow yourself to accept that negativity = reality and positivity = delusion you're limiting yourself in everything you do.

Positive thinking always brings about better results in life.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Maxduke wrote:
Callum wrote:

Why?

You serious? I thought you where joking.

S4cePL wrote:i try to be positive too but when the club does the same shit year in, year out its really tough to be all smiles. im trying to be more critical of the fact that this club that we love is going in the wrong direction but i guess i come off as though the world is about to end. i just want us to pull our shit together and stop shooting ourselves in the foot every season. it just seems like all the other top clubs are moving in the right direction but we seem to be going backwards or at best, standing still. im sorry for ruining the fun for other, if thats the case, however

Your not trying hard enough, the negativity is playing with your spirit.

Don't let it control you.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:10 pm

:1990_dancing.gif:
Inchpractice wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
Callum wrote:

Why?

If you allow yourself to accept that negativity = reality and positivity = delusion you're limiting yourself in everything you do.

Positive thinking always brings about better results in life.

That guy with no lower legs that ran in an Olympic final for able bodied athletes is a prime example. I bet the first thing anyone said when he floated the idea was 'yup, he's fuckig delusional'.

You have to look no further than arsenal fc for plenty examples of football teams doing the impossible on a shoe string budget.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Olivier's Twist » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Callum wrote:
S4cePL wrote:We have been blinded by the "positivity" for far too long. No we are not f***ing getting relegated anytime soon guys so calm the f**k down... but I am sick and tired of settling for 4th place year in year out.. what happened to our club in the last 8 years??? from the invincibles to the incapables. woeful

I think you're completely missing the point. There seems to be some sort of warped logic for many members of this forum that being positive means you are content with mediocrity, which simply isn't the case. I want us to compete with the likes of United, City and Chelsea as much as you, and seeing Robin van Persie in the shirt of our rivals makes me sick. This doesn't mean that it's not possible to look for the positives and, heaven forbid, actually try to enjoy supporting Arsenal - because that's what it's all about.

But hey, that's just me. If you feel more comfortable effing and blinding and telling everyone to stop being positive and be miserable, as if being an Arsenal fan is some sort of grim chore, then be my guest - but try not to ruin it for the rest of us, okay?

Spot on :arse flag.gif:
Olivier's Twist
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby elkanofan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Callum wrote:

It's cool to be negative.

the nonsense media tells you this. They tell you to be bitter and cold hearted and cynical. it's cool, it's trendy and you don't get 'hurt' by being naive.

This isn't just an Arsenal issue, it's a society issue. :biggrin:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby S4cePL » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:19 pm

every year youll find positives if u want to. ultimetely, the odds are against you and while champions league is fine and dandy now, in 3 years time we could just as easily be looking for the positives in finishing 5th or 6th and playing in the Europa league. the board has been conditioning us to expect and also to accept lower ambitionsl. i want things to be different but when u sell your best players 2 years in a row then you cant help but start to see a general pattern emerging here. but if you see the positives in that then lets agree to disagree i guess
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Leody » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:20 pm

I really think Cazorla could end up being our most important player since Cesc.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby S4cePL » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:25 pm

me too lol
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 pm

elkanofan wrote:It's cool to be negative.

the nonsense media tells you this. They tell you to be bitter and cold hearted and cynical. it's cool, it's trendy and you don't get 'hurt' by being naive.

This isn't just an Arsenal issue, it's a society issue. :biggrin:

So true.
We English love to moan, and moaning about football is more fun than moaning about anything else apparently.

Don't understand why it's so cool to predict doom and gloom all the time though. No-one knows if we'll finish first or 20th this season so why predict the worst?
We usually do better than most 'experts' think anyway (e.g. last season) so if you follow all the signs you'll probably still be wrong.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk