The positive energy thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:21 pm

:grin:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Today's performance Has actually buoyed my hopes for the season a bit. I don't think anyone played particularly badly today. I was very impressed with cazorla and gervinho, it looks like he's put the ACN behind him and is starting to show people what he can do.

Pod looked completely out of sync with the rest of the team, but that could be expected in his first few games. I'm loving the way giroud takes up positions, that glaring chance he missed was fantastic until the finish.

Diaby didn't do too shabbily but then he wasn't really tested at DM so the jury is still out on him for me.

This was always going to be a hard game from a very well organised opposition and I'm sure we won't be the last team this season that will be foiled by thier negative setup. Plenty of reasons to be cheerful from my perspective!!!

And don't worry about the moany buggers on here mate, they hate for hatings sake at times!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby S4cePL » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Sunderland is not Man Shitty, ManUre or Chelski... but if it helps you sleep better at night, our D looked good even though it was only testes a few times.

our link up play was OK

Giroud missed a sitter but surely he is an adequate replacement for RVP and will bag 25 goals this year, coming close to RVPs #'s from a year ago
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Maxduke » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Positivity is delusion.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:30 pm

Negativity is giving up way too easily
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby S4cePL » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:31 pm

We have been blinded by the "positivity" for far too long. No we are not f***ing getting relegated anytime soon guys so calm the f**k down... but I am sick and tired of settling for 4th place year in year out.. what happened to our club in the last 8 years??? from the invincibles to the incapables. woeful

but being mid table is I suppose positive news to some.. not me
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:33 pm

When were we last mid table bro?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby S4cePL » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:36 pm

you got me there Zedie. just remember we got rid of 2 of our best players from last year within the last week. now is as good a time as ever to fall out of the CL spots. look at what happened to Liverpool and Chelsea last year. I hope and pray that Poldi and Giroud will be enough firepower this year but you know damn well that we replaced our top goal scorer with 2 unproven strikers
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Olivier's Twist » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:42 pm

S4cePL wrote:you got me there Zedie. just remember we got rid of 2 of our best players from last year within the last week. now is as good a time as ever to fall out of the CL spots. look at what happened to Liverpool and Chelsea last year. I hope and pray that Poldi and Giroud will be enough firepower this year but you know damn well that we replaced our top goal scorer with 2 unproven strikers

People said the same last season and the season before that and we still got CL. But lets be honsest like you said we sold 2 fist team players we were hardly going be smash sunderland today it was always going to be tricky all we can do is move on to the next game and hope for signings.
Olivier's Twist
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:43 pm

I was never convinced that cazorla was as good as everyone said. Going by motd he is as good as everyone has been saying!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:45 pm

S4cePL wrote:Sunderland is not Man Shitty, ManUre or Chelski... but if it helps you sleep better at night, our D looked good even though it was only testes a few times.

our link up play was OK

Giroud missed a sitter but surely he is an adequate replacement for RVP and will bag 25 goals this year, coming close to RVPs #'s from a year ago

S4cePL wrote:We have been blinded by the "positivity" for far too long. No we are not f***ing getting relegated anytime soon guys so calm the f**k down... but I am sick and tired of settling for 4th place year in year out.. what happened to our club in the last 8 years??? from the invincibles to the incapables. woeful

but being mid table is I suppose positive news to some.. not me

here:

elkanofan wrote:if you speak of negative things, you become negative.

If you harmonize along a negative frequency, you become that level of frequency.

;)

Maxduke wrote:Positivity is delusion.

Zedie wrote:Negativity is giving up way too easily

Depends on the situation.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby S4cePL » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Cazorla is effing quality and you could see that within the first 20 minutes of play. The problem is that while we somehoe managed to capture his signature, we allowed both RVP and Song to leave in the same transfer window.. 1 step forward, 2 back.. everyone was so optimistic just a week ago and praising Wenger for bringing in 3 established players.. now, the mood has suddenly turned negative and rightfully so caz on the aggregate we did not improve over the last week.. maybe we will dip into the transfer market this week but im not so optimistic of this happening..
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:50 pm

If you truly believe that then you must lead some miserable life, my friend.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Olivier's Twist » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:51 pm

S4cePL wrote:Cazorla is effing quality and you could see that within the first 20 minutes of play. The problem is that while we somehoe managed to capture his signature, we allowed both RVP and Song to leave in the same transfer window.. 1 step forward, 2 back.. everyone was so optimistic just a week ago and praising Wenger for bringing in 3 established players.. now, the mood has suddenly turned negative and rightfully so caz on the aggregate we did not improve over the last week.. maybe we will dip into the transfer market this week but im not so optimistic of this happening..

Your right if RVP and song go without being replaced with Quality then AW deserves all the stick he gets. Still like to know why Song was sold though and what he "did".

If he does then i think we will be ok.
Olivier's Twist
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Maxduke » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Callum wrote:

If you truly believe that then you must lead some miserable life, my friend.

Why?
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk