The positive energy thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Callum » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:37 am

In fairness I'm pretty sure that was for a league cup game.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Callum wrote:In fairness I'm pretty sure that was for a league cup game.

IT was
11/12 home to man city quarter final
Lost to a Sergio aguero goal
8 of that side had beaten premier league Bolton in the round before
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:32 pm

The mrs asked me why i wasn't as grumpy about deadline day as i usually am. I said cos we actually did the business early and i'm happy we have done whats required.

Goes to show that the manager was the problem!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:18 pm

No it doesn't.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:39 pm

Santi wrote:No it doesn't.

Not sure how you can say that.

It obviously is.

Take away the philosophy of Wenger to be tighter than a ducks backside, willing to not get what we need but what we can get cheap, faffing around with deals until they dry up, faking big signings while we never make an official move ............

Then we have Misinslat dedicated to the role of recruitment who got all his business done by end of July with minimal money .......... during a World Cup.

If that's not positive I don't know what is.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:04 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

It obviously is.

Take away the philosophy of Wenger to be tighter than a ducks backside, willing to not get what we need but what we can get cheap, faffing around with deals until they dry up, faking big signings while we never make an official move ............

Then we have Misinslat dedicated to the role of recruitment who got all his business done by end of July with minimal money .......... during a World Cup.

tbf even if Wenger were still here, with the setup we have now, Mislintat and Sanllehi would still be in charge of transfers. Imo, Sven and Raul are bigger reasons for our 180 in transfer policy than a change of manager.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:24 am

They were only brought in cos wenger was on his way out though
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:51 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

It obviously is.

tbf even if Wenger were still here, with the setup we have now, Mislintat and Sanllehi would still be in charge of transfers. Imo, Sven and Raul are bigger reasons for our 180 in transfer policy than a change of manager.

............. but that's exactly why Wenger isn't here.

Do you think he left a year early out of charity?

When we made him sell Giroud for Auba that was the final straw, Wenger was never going to stay with someone else buying and picking his players.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:04 am

Can you please explain what you mean by sell Giroud for Auba? Wenger bought Laca in summer to play CF while Giroud was very much around. Auba on the other hand has been deployed wide by both Wenger and Emery.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:33 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

It obviously is.

When we made him sell Giroud for Auba that was the final straw, Wenger was never going to stay with someone else buying and picking his players.

PG said Wenger was the biggest reason for our lackadaisical transfer policy, but that doesn't tell the whole story. I'm not saying Wenger wasn't a problem because he was.

But for me, the bigger issue was our outdated structure of giving one man—who the game had passed by—control over recruiting and coaching. Of course Sven and Raul coming in and signing Auba against Wenger's wishes rattled the control freak because for one of the few times since Dein left, Wenger was told to pound sand, and it would've been a more common occurrence had he not been f̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ given the chance to step down.

The two issues are related, but they're not the same. Ultimately, it depends on what you think was the bigger catalyst for change: Mislintat and Sanllehi coming in or Wenger leaving.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:10 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

It obviously is.

PG said Wenger was the biggest reason for our lackadaisical transfer policy, but that doesn't tell the whole story. I'm not saying Wenger wasn't a problem because he was.

But for me, the bigger issue was our outdated structure of giving one man—who the game had passed by—control over recruiting and coaching. Of course Sven and Raul coming in and signing Auba against Wenger's wishes rattled the control freak because for one of the few times since Dein left, Wenger was told to pound sand, and it would've been a more common occurrence had he not been f̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ given the chance to step down.

The two issues are related, but they're not the same. Ultimately, it depends on what you think was the bigger catalyst for change: Mislintat and Sanllehi coming in or Wenger leaving.

If wenger wasn't on his way out they wouldn't have been brought in though
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:28 am

Far too many variables to attribute it to Wenger but of course you guys always will.

Wenger had a tendency to try and get a bargain on deadline day, yes we know. Also got us Ozil at a time where we had no business signing him by doing so.

This year:
First summer with Mislintat and Sanelhi
World cup year
Transfer window closes 1 month earlier than usual
New manager

Why you guys think it's simply down to the last one when Emery has next to f**k all to do with transfers is beyond me. Wenger could be here and we'd have practically the same signings at the same time.

We still have gaping holes in CB and out wide and nobody is really saying much, if Wenger were here he'd be absolutely destroyed in game 1 when Papa makes a blunder.

Just move on for f**k sake, not everything was about Wenger when he was here and it certainly isn't now that he's gone.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:36 am

Well whatever the reason for getting business done early, the reason i feel positive is that wenger isn't here. I'm as excited about tactics and passion from the sideline as much as I'm pleased we got our business done early in the window.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Manoban » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 am

I don't understand how this arsenalfantv guy is happy about our transfers. This transfer window has been absolute shit, the only worse window from what I recall is when our only signing was Cech. The only positives of this window are torreira, this youngster that might turn out decent, and Wilshere leaving
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:59 am

Tony_Adams wrote:Well whatever the reason for getting business done early, the reason i feel positive is that wenger isn't here. I'm as excited about tactics and passion from the sideline as much as I'm pleased we got our business done early in the window.

Which we can all agree on :)
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk